PDA

View Full Version : Trying to decide what AP to buy

ToursbabeC3po
02-09-2005, 10:37 PM
Now that I am no longer a cast member I need to decide which AP to buy.....Both my kids have Deluxe passes and I feel that this is a good deal. What is the difference between a deluxe and a premium? We visit at least once a month and it is normally on Fridays. Any suggestions?
(((((((((((hugs))))))))))))
Toursbabe

Darkbeer
02-09-2005, 10:49 PM
The big difference... Money ;)

Ok, the basic thing you get with an AP is admission to both Anaheim parks on any day that is not blocked out, the Premium is valid on any day (during regular park hours). the Deluxe has 45 days bocked out, the SoCal has about 140 days blocked out, including most of the summer, and the SoCal Select about 190 days blocked out. You can check the blockout dates, and all the other details I will talk about in this link.

http://www.mousesavers.com/dltickets.html#annual

OK, Annual Passports also come with some extra perks. All Ap's get food discounts, but Deluxe get more than SoCal's, and Premium gets even more. Only Premium AP holders get a 10% merchandise discount.

The other big perk is that the Premium AP comes with free parking, while the other AP's need to pay an extra $49 for that benefit.

I presume since your kids have Deluxe AP's, we are trying to decide between a Deluxe and a Premium, but let me say, that a blockout pass is currently $30 if you want to go to the parks on a day that is blocked out on the type of AP you have.

The difference in price between the Deluxe and Premium is $120. Now, if you need parking, it actually drops the price difference to $71. So the question is, will you get $71 worth of value from the Premium...

Will you be planning to attendon a day without your kids, and a day or two that is blocked out to Deluxe AP holders. If it is 2 days or more, get the premium.

Now, if you don't plan to attend any of the Deluxe blockout days, the question is, would you spend at least $710 in merchandise, and the additional food discounts???? If the answer is yes, then get the Premium... If not, think about the Deluxe with Parking.

What it comes down to is when you plan to go, and will you use the discounts and parking.....

Hope this helps.

ToursbabeC3po
02-09-2005, 11:18 PM
Darkbeer thankyou soo much for all the information. As for the Merch. discounts. I have several good friends that still work there and they get 35% off so I would rather wait and get the better discount. One of us will need parking though because I am not willing to fork out 7 or 8 bucks to park everytime we go. Unless we park in downtown disney because I can not stay much longer then 4 or 5 hours at once anyways because I just get too tired with my medical problems. Your information was very helpful I really appriciate it thankyou very much!
(((((((((((hugs))))))))))))
Toursbabe

Darkbeer
02-09-2005, 11:45 PM
FYI, parking is now $10 at the structure...

And $6 an hour at the DtD lot, after your free period.

Sounds like the Deluxe with Parking is the one that matches your needs...

Tutter
02-10-2005, 06:04 AM
I liek the Premium simply because of the parking and because I don't want to find that when I am in California I want to go on blockout days. So for me that was the persuading factor - at $10 a park - it adds up - and I dont want to pay extra to go on certain Saturdays.

disney jones
02-10-2005, 07:14 AM
another way to look at it is to factor in the 10% discount you'll get with merchandise only available to a PAP.

For the extra $120, you'd save money with the PAP if you anticpated buying over $1200 in merchandise over the next year at the parks (10% of $1200).

Or if you prefer using darkbeer's parking costs, youd save with purchasing over $710 worth of material (10% of $710).