PDA

View Full Version : is this a good time to go? (First week of September)

sandrajamrock
02-09-2005, 04:06 PM
My Husband And I Are Planning On Going For Our Anniversary In Sept. What Im Worried About Is, Because Of The 50th Anniversary Celebration Starting During The Summer , Do You Think That It Will Be Extremely Crowed At That Time Of Year? We Have It Planned The First Week Of Sept. Which Happens To Be Half On Season And Half Off Season....any Advice Is Well Appreciated! ;)

bradk
02-09-2005, 04:12 PM
about a week after labor day would be good i imagine. as long as kids are in school.

50th anniversary will be secondary to that. most people who want to get their kicks from it will be there in mid-july

and as a point of interest, the celebration actually begins may 5, even though the official date is july 17

sandrajamrock
02-09-2005, 04:20 PM
Thats A Good Point... I Was Reaaly Worried That This 50 Year Thing Would Really Make The Park Super Busy For Awhile. Dont Get Me Wrong, We Are Looking Forward To All The Little Extras That This Celebration Will Bring To This Next Visit..but I Also Dont Want To Deal With Massive Crowds And Lines...taks Some Of The Fun Out Of It.

bradk
02-09-2005, 05:13 PM
there probably will be an increase in crowds in general because of the celebration, but the celebration is also spilling over into the other parks and does go on for 18 months, so people who are in a rush will be there first week of may or in july or probably even more so at christmas time. anyone else who's interested but not THAT interested will take their time.

the basic rule of thumb still stands though. if kids are in school, the numbers will be as low as they can get. weekends are always bad.