PDA

View Full Version : Why is the castle so dark?

snowsbeau
02-09-2005, 03:09 PM
I have a question. Why is the east side/path of the castle near the wishing well kept so dark at night? I have noticed this for some time but the park has not seemed acknowledged it at all. I was at the park this weekend and darn near stepped on Snow White. She and Aurora where out at about 6:30pm and there was a short line for Aurora but none for Snow. People just wondered away from Aurora and saw Snow. Snow was just a few feet from Aurora, not at the wishing well. When knelling with a child she was completely invisible. Bright yellow skirt and all.
I think that this is ridiculous especially since Cinderella and Belle where on the other side of the castle with full lighting from the street lamps and the Pavilion.
Can someone answer this for me? Thanks!

bradk
02-09-2005, 03:27 PM
myself, i wouldn't have a clue (surprise!) but it's nice to know you're not a jealous man.

tod
02-09-2005, 04:07 PM
Disneyland is one of the few public places where there is real darkness. It's a luxury, because unsafe places need to be brightly lit to keep the muggers and bad guys away.

It's not dangerous if you look where you're going. Keep your eyes open and your wits about you and you'll be fine.

--t

itig
02-09-2005, 04:41 PM
I agree with you. I don't think it's a mugger/bad guy issue as much as a "oops, I just ran over your foot and with my stroller" issue. Why don't they just put in more lights? Is there a reason?

arielova
02-09-2005, 09:15 PM
Go on the other side? :confused:

Niwel
02-09-2005, 09:35 PM
A couple of possibilities:

1) The lights are out and haven't been replaced
2) The lights were removed in preparation for the new fireworks show
3) Romantic couples asked to have one area in the park where they couldn't be seen now that Skyway and Peoplemover are gone

I like No. 3 ... but I think the answer is closer to No. 1, when I worked there I remember lights. Next time you go, or if you know someone who is going, tell City Hall and they can let facilities know.

Terri
02-10-2005, 09:41 AM

3) Romantic couples asked to have one area in the park where they couldn't be seen now that Skyway and Peoplemover are gone

And Monsanto's Adventure Through Inner Space - a BIG make-out ride!

tod
02-10-2005, 09:53 AM

[snip]
3) Romantic couples asked to have one area in the park where they couldn't be seen now that Skyway and Peoplemover are gone.

Yeah, I can see it now. Frustrated guys walking into City Hall and saying:

"I'm really upset that there isn't anyplace dark and secluded where I can make out with my girlfriend here."

To which the unflappable Plaid-wearing CM should say:

"Pick up that phone and make a reservation for a room, pal."

:D

--t

snowsbeau
02-11-2005, 07:25 AM

1) The lights are out and haven't been replaced
2) The lights were removed in preparation for the new fireworks show

I like No. 3 ... but I think the answer is closer to No. 1, when I worked there I remember lights. Next time you go, or if you know someone who is going, tell City Hall and they can let facilities know.

I went to City Hall last night and told them about the dark area. This is after I checked to see if indeed the area was still dark. It was and devoid of any charactors. My question was met with a blank stare from the Hostess. I asked if the area was dark for a reason. She replied that she didn't think so. She never voluteered to call facilites but I suggested it. Having the area dark for reason #3 is a great thought though. ;)
I went back to the castle and to my delight there was Snow White standing with a Host by the wishing well. There I could actually see her! It turned out to be quite a nice evening after all. :D

experiment626
02-11-2005, 09:56 AM
My Mom, 2 Daughers, and myself were spied on by a security guard and asked what we were doing when we were over there at night. Of course this was right after 9/11 and you never know two plus size white women and 2 pre-teens could have been planting something in the wishing well.

Gramiangel420
02-11-2005, 11:56 AM
:d