PDA

View Full Version : May 1st-4th crowds?

my2princesses
02-08-2005, 09:35 PM
How do you think the crowds will be on the dates of May 1st -4th? I know DL is closed on the 4th but the website says CA is open. All of our other dates we had planned to go are just not working out and we wondered if going on the
1st - 4th would be quiter because it is before the 50th starts or if it will be busy with everyone waiting for the 50th to start. What do you all think? Anyone else planning on going these dates?

Thanks!

02-10-2005, 05:10 AM
I've never been to Disneyland in May but I know some people who have ...

So how about a guesstimate, anyone?

bradk
02-10-2005, 06:08 AM
2nd & 3rd week, weekdays of May is best, but I'm sure first week is liveable.

undoubtedly though, DL being closed on May 4 will provide a very substantial increase in crowds at DCA, particularly with those that are in town eager to experience the next day at DL. and DCA is substantially smaller which will make the park more crowded, create longer lines. it might singlehandedly be the worst day of the year to be in DCA except for weekends, but I'm purely speculating on that.

DangerMouse
02-10-2005, 06:29 AM
Hi my2princesses! Looks like you are really working hard on finding the "perfect days" at the park as far as small crowds go. Did you ever find out what the deal is the end of April with DLR resorts being sold out? I'm considering calling them myself and just asking. Perhaps they are blocking off rooms in order to prepare them for the 50th rush? :confused:

Good luck in your pursuit of small crowds. Let us know when you take the plunge and book your reservations!
:D