PDA

View Full Version : Where can one buy alcoholic beverages at the DLR?

CoasterChickie
02-08-2005, 09:06 PM
I know DL doesn't sell alcohol and DCA does.

What other places at the DLR sell drinks?

Emma
02-08-2005, 09:08 PM
Just about all the restaurants in DTD sell alcohol. I know this, because my husband and I have a "drink to unwind" and get pretty hammered whenever we're there (I'm kidding) Anyway, the ESPN Zone has pretty good drinks, although expensive.

--Emma

Laffite
02-08-2005, 09:13 PM
bring your own in a water bottle.

Darkbeer
02-08-2005, 09:45 PM
Also all three Disney owned hotels have multiple bars, and every restuarant offers alcohol. DtD has plenty of places, I think the only places you can't get alcohol is La Brea Bakery, Wetzel's Pretzels and Haggendass (for food outlets).

There is always the ARCO AM/PM on the corner of Ball and Disneyland Dr., or the 7/11 on the corner of Katella and Harbor (much cheaper than in park prices ;)

Opus1guy
02-08-2005, 09:53 PM
You'll find a man wearing a red deerstalker sitting in a wheelchair under the lamppost just opposite Golden Dreams. Just tell him Opus sent 'ya. ;)

Emma
02-08-2005, 10:06 PM
You'll find a man wearing a red deerstalker sitting in a wheelchair under the lamppost just opposite Golden Dreams. Just tell him Opus sent 'ya. ;)

Or, just walk up to the drunken balding man hanging around the House of Blues-- Wanna meet Opus himself, Chickie? ;)

DisneylandForever
02-08-2005, 10:18 PM
I know DL doesn't sell alcohol and DCA does.

Well, technically you can get alcohol in DL.

Just gotta ring the buzzer of the door to the right of the Blue Bayou (look for the big 33) and hope they let you in. ;)

Darkbeer
02-08-2005, 10:21 PM
^Or rent out a private area at DL, either the Big Thunder area during hours, or any part of the park after hours..... Disney is happy to set up a portable bar for you... and happy to charge high prices for those drinks too :)

Talking about that... maybe we can have a bar for the MouseAdventure Dinner?????? ;)

sdfilmcritic
02-08-2005, 10:57 PM
Alcohol prices at DLR are expensive!!!!! I paid six bucks for a sip of whiskey at one bar. Sheesh!

TikiGeek
02-09-2005, 07:29 AM
bring your own in a water bottle.Oh great! Now the cat's out of the bag ;)

Alex S.
02-09-2005, 08:10 AM
I have consumed a martini made through a large ice sculpture (and then had some very good shrimp skewers and strawberry tarts) at Innoventions. But I don't think that is a regularly offered item.

MrsG
02-09-2005, 08:24 AM
I have consumed a martini made through a large ice sculpture (and then had some very good shrimp skewers and strawberry tarts) at Innoventions. But I don't think that is a regularly offered item.
The only way I could stomach Innoventions is with martinis! (shrimp and strawberries would help too)

Alex S.
02-09-2005, 08:40 AM
Yes, Innoventions isn't a very interesting attraction (though I don't think it is a terrible one), but it actually makes for a very good nightclub.

My2kidsrule
02-09-2005, 08:47 AM
Just stop off at the Food 4 Less and pick up a case of something. Although last time I was there, the best "import" they had was Corona.

I gotta tell ya, even though it's expensive, I can deal with anything bad at DCA for a pint of the Karl Strauss Amber. Been to the brewery in San Diego, but we don't get it up here. So it's a magical moment. :-)

cstephens
02-09-2005, 10:37 AM
Yes, Innoventions isn't a very interesting attraction (though I don't think it is a terrible one), but it actually makes for a very good nightclub.

I have discovered that Innoventions is the most fun when you can sit in the middle munching on snacks while watching everyone else revolve around you multiple times.

Karen256
02-09-2005, 12:14 PM
Over in DCA, there are several places to get alcohol...Here are the ones I know for sure from our last trip a few weeks ago...

Taste Pilots Grill has beer on tap...I believe they had at least bud and bud light.

There's a beer cart in the Pacific Wharf restaurant area, sort of in front of the baby care center (nice for us parents who are in dire need of a drink after being in the parks with kids for a while). They have about 6 or so beers on draft, some good ones too not just bud.

Wine Country obviously has a large selection of wines available. We've gotten samples with a cheese plate at the sampling area, as well as a bottle while eating at the Wine Country Trattoria.

I'm sure there's some in Paradise Pier area as well, but we didn't spend much time there. Not even enough to get a beer. :rolleyes:

Have fun!

Darkbeer
02-09-2005, 01:04 PM
Here is the list I know of for DCA...

The Between Takes Cartering Truck near the Hyperion has Karl Strauss Endless Gold

Taste Pilots Grill has Karl Strauss Amber Lager, and Bud and Bud Light.

There is the Wine Bar, plus you can get beer and wine at Wine Country Tratorria, plus the Vineyard Room upstairs.

There is the Margarita Stand near the Pacific Wharf Bakery, and the Karl Struass Beer Truck, which offers 6 types of Karl Strauss Beer, along with Tecate and Kirin.

Pizza Omm Mow Mow also offers beer in its restuarant.

Ariel's Grotto offers beer and Wine during the week (off-season), and offers full cocktails when the COve Bar is open (Friday thru Sundays during the off-season). Of course, when the Cove Bar is open, you don't have to oreder a meal downstairs, you can just walk into the bar and grab a drink. The Cove Bar offers 7 different types of Karl Struass Beer, along with 5 other choices.

Plus if you use the special GCH entrance, you can go to Whitewater Snacks, which serves beer and wine in bottles/cans.

Or the Napa Rose bar and restuarant.

Storyteller's Cafe also serves beer and wine.

The Hearthstone Lounge has Budweiser and Newcastle on tap, along with a full bar, plus they sell cigars.

The Pool area has a bar that is open during peak times.

Portable Bars can be found during weddings and other selected events on the outside lawn, the convention rooms and the center courtyard area...

And I haven't even touched on the all the bars at the Paradise Pier or Disneyland Hotels, and DtD...

Tony Roma's has a nice little bar across the street on Harbor.... But you can always buy a six pack at the HoJo's Gift Shop, and just sit and soak in the Jacuzzi....

80S ERA
02-09-2005, 01:20 PM
Here is the list I know of for DCA...

The Between Takes Cartering Truck near the Hyperion has Karl Strauss Endless Gold

Taste Pilots Grill has Karl Strauss Amber Lager, and Bud and Bud Light.

There is the Wine Bar, plus you can get beer and wine at Wine Country Tratorria, plus the Vineyard Room upstairs.

There is the Margarita Stand near the Pacific Wharf Bakery, and the Karl Struass Beer Truck, which offers 6 types of Karl Strauss Beer, along with Tecate and Kirin.

Pizza Omm Mow Mow also offers beer in its restuarant.

Ariel's Grotto offers beer and Wine during the week (off-season), and offers full cocktails when the COve Bar is open (Friday thru Sundays during the off-season). Of course, when the Cove Bar is open, you don't have to oreder a meal downstairs, you can just walk into the bar and grab a drink. The Cove Bar offers 7 different types of Karl Struass Beer, along with 5 other choices.

Plus if you use the special GCH entrance, you can go to Whitewater Snacks, which serves beer and wine in bottles/cans.

Or the Napa Rose bar and restuarant.

Storyteller's Cafe also serves beer and wine.

The Hearthstone Lounge has Budweiser and Newcastle on tap, along with a full bar, plus they sell cigars.

The Pool area has a bar that is open during peak times.

Portable Bars can be found during weddings and other selected events on the outside lawn, the convention rooms and the center courtyard area...

And I haven't even touched on the all the bars at the Paradise Pier or Disneyland Hotels, and DtD...

Tony Roma's has a nice little bar across the street on Harbor.... But you can always buy a six pack at the HoJo's Gift Shop, and just sit and soak in the Jacuzzi....

Hmmmm. I wonder how you got your SN? :fez:

arielova
02-09-2005, 09:18 PM
I'll go ahead and jump into answer this one blind. DTD, in my personal fav. The Uva Bar. Also in any of the resturants. As well, as in DCA at various spots. You could always bring your own.:D

sdfilmcritic
02-09-2005, 11:13 PM
bring your own in a water bottle.Sounds like we have a vodka lover. ;)

disneymania
02-10-2005, 07:20 PM
Rainforest Cafe (?) in DTD has some mean mixed drinks. Believe, you've never experienced IOSW until you're tipsy/drunk. It's positively scary.