PDA

View Full Version : Is this nuts - AP for a week visit?

Biscuit
02-08-2005, 04:50 PM
Ok here's our situation.

Coming from a long way away (New Zealand), this is our Big Trip before buying a house. (ie: won't be coming back to Disney maybe for a decade, maybe never)

Therefore, we're making it a Huge Disney visit, where we're spending 7 days in LA, 5 of those at least in the parks so we don't miss a single thing (we want to see/experience everything, down to minutae, because we felt we missed so much the first time). Possibly on our two "days off" we might even go at night for a meal/a few rides/soak up atmosphere/shopping.

Anywho, since there are no 7 Day Passes, the best value ticket I've found for a 7 day visit is a Deluxe Annual Pass (no blockout dates fall on our visit dates).

Does this sound mad to you guys? Buying an AP for use only over a 7 day-8 night period?

Theories? Opinions?

Niwel
02-08-2005, 05:07 PM
Since you are only planning to do DL for 5 of your 7 days, This options is available, too -- for more info, check our DL Update (http://www.mouseplanet.com/parkupdates/dlr/dlr050207.htm)

5-Day Park Hopper Bonus tickets ($139/$139) ($169/$139) – The park hopper bonus tickets currently include one early entry admission to Fantasyland, and a $10 ESPN Zone game card. If the Disneyland Resort portion of your trip concludes by May 11, 2005, take advantage of the “Adults Play for the Kids' Price” special. Through this advance purchase offer, 5-day park hopper tickets for ages 3 and up are $139, a savings of $40-70 off the main gate price. These tickets expire 13 days after first use or May 11, 2005, whichever comes first.

If you plan to visit the Disneyland Resort after April 28, take advantage of the Advance Purchase discount and save $40 per ticket, as detailed in above. These tickets expire 13 days after first use or January 15, 2006, whichever comes first.

Both of these ticket offers are available through the Disneyland Web site (link), through some Southern California AAA offices, through some Disney Stores, or through your travel agent. These tickets must be purchased in advance, and are not available at the Disneyland resort ticket booths.

Anywho, since there are no 7 Day Passes, the best value ticket I've found for a 7 day visit is a Deluxe Annual Pass (no blockout dates fall on our visit dates).

experiment626
02-09-2005, 12:39 PM
Doesn't sound nuts to me at all. I am getting a Deluxe AP for my Family to cover 1 - 3 day trip & 1 4-day. It is cheaper then buying 2 hoppers so why not.

Darkbeer
02-09-2005, 01:11 PM
But what you muight want to do is buy the ParkHopper for the first trip, to take advantage of the Early Entry and ESPN Zone card, and then upgrade to the AP on the last day.

ANd to Biscuit, I would also buy the 5 day ParkHopper, and take advantage of the extra perks. Another benefit you can make a decision after the 4th or 5th day if you want to pay the extra, or if 5 days at the DLR is enough, and maybe a trip to USH, Knott's, SeaWorld or the beach or a shopping center, etc... might be a better choice. Buying the ParkHopper keeps your options open, and then you can always upgrade (and get full credit for the price you paid for the ParkHopper in regards to upgrading to an AP).

yummy mummy
02-09-2005, 02:19 PM
I am going to be in dl for 6 days and was able to buy a 6 dayhopper pass from a travel agent (we didn't book our trip through them). It was the SAME price as a 5 day park hopper (but no espn card). I actually called a few different agaents and found their prices varied as much as 60 dollars a ticket. The one I got was 172 canadian or about 137 in US$.

bassett1976
02-09-2005, 04:15 PM
I would also take into consideration the benefits for an AP. You could possibly get a discount on your room during your visit being an Passholder. You can also use it at various places to eat. You can also use it for purchases over $10 for souvineers (is this only for the premium?)

It might save you a lot of money if you use it wisely.

experiment626
02-09-2005, 07:37 PM
But what you muight want to do is buy the ParkHopper for the first trip, to take advantage of the Early Entry and ESPN Zone card, and then upgrade to the AP on the last day..
This is what I plan to do. I am all for reaping all the benefits I can out of each trip. Plus the others in my party won't have AP's and it will be nice to do the Early Entry all together. Unfortunetly on my second trip we won't have those benefits (if still available 2/06) while those that I am traveling with that time will. Oh well ya can't win them all. :D

Biscuit
02-10-2005, 01:46 PM
Darkbeer, thanks for reminding me about the upgrade option. Appreciated. It'll be something to keep in mind.

Yes, it's weighing the options of Hopper vs AP. It's basically, one day early entry vs discounts and flexibility for the whole week (ie: we can wander in and out on arrival/leaving day, and days off if the mood takes us).

Oh, and also, we wouldn't be using the AP again, considering how far we have to travel. It would be used only for that week.

Damn it, it's only February. I want Disney now! ;)

bradk
02-10-2005, 01:57 PM
the hopper will let you take days off. you don't need to use the days consecutively. the only limitation is the hopper will expire 13 days after first use.