PDA

View Full Version : AP confusion

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
02-08-2005, 09:16 AM
I think I asked this before, but I am still confused.
We are going March 14-18. DH and I have APs that expire May 18th. We have already decided not to renew them and just get new APs when we go back October 31-November 6. But my 3yo needs a ticket. We were going to get him a 3 day parkhoppe, but felt that that would be waste of money since we are going back again, for 6 days in the park, in the fall. So should we get him the AP for this March trip? I am thinking we should. But wanted to make sure.

tod
02-08-2005, 09:37 AM
I'd get the AP. It'll cost quite a bit for a 3-day parkhopper, may as well make it a 365-day. Then you can renew in October when your time comes.

And good for you for not trying to pass off a 3-year-old as "only two-and-a-half." Every so often I see a parent-type trying to fob off their five-foot-plus teen as "She'll be 10 next week" and I am saddened by the bad example the parents are setting.

--t

adriennek
02-08-2005, 12:00 PM
But my 3yo needs a ticket. We were going to get him a 3 day parkhoppe, but felt that that would be waste of money since we are going back again, for 6 days in the park, in the fall. So should we get him the AP for this March trip? I am thinking we should. But wanted to make sure.

I would get the AP for the March trip- here's another reason why: In our family we have three different months when APs come due. If all of our APs were due in the same month, it would be a big pain to shell out all that money at one time. If you wait until October, that's one more expense in October. Plus if you decide to renew for whatever reason, (plan more trips!) when you renew, you won't as many to pay at one time. Make sense?

Adrienne

disneyscott
02-08-2005, 12:27 PM
Does he look 3......I wouldn't pay and keep the money for other things. If you push him in a stroller give him his blanket and most castmembers wont say a thing to you. As you exit the park get the handstamp. On a side note I keep it out till mine was almost 4 and got all of us passes on my renewal date.

mystycalchyk
02-08-2005, 12:34 PM
Does he look 3......I wouldn't pay and keep the money for other things. If you push him in a stroller give him his blanket and most castmembers wont say a thing to you. As you exit the park get the handstamp. On a side note I keep it out till mine was almost 4 and got all of us passes on my renewal date.

Wow. I couldnt do that just because the guilt would eat me alive. YMMV

*shrugs*

dlfanshl
02-08-2005, 12:48 PM
I would probably buy the 3 day parkhopper from the AAA or another distributor who have the $10 ESPN card and parking. Once I used those perks I would upgrade to an annual pass. My 3 children have a different renewal date than my husband and I. It makes it more economical when it is time to renew. Please don't pass him off as a 2 year old- there is no way to justify it.

Shel :)

adriennek
02-08-2005, 01:15 PM
I'm with Tod on this one. Our sons got their first AP's the first time they went after they turned three. I really don't want to teach my sons it's ok to cheat or lie at such a young age. I don't want to encourage the habit in them. They learn far more from our examples than our words.

Adrienne

Andrew
02-08-2005, 01:35 PM
They learn far more from our examples than our words.
Then again, I can think of some choice words two of your sons have picked up...

Sheila
02-08-2005, 01:44 PM
Then again, I can think of some choice words two of your sons have picked up...

"Who let the dogs out?" I'm surprised adriennek hasn't banned some of us for corrupting the innocence of the Krock minors.

And to keep it on-topic, I totally agree with adriennek about buying the pass now. Installment plans are so much easier on the pocketbook. :)

experiment626
02-09-2005, 12:45 PM
If will cost you more in the long run to buy 2 3-day hoppers then to buy a deluxe AP. As long as you can afford the upgrade now, I would do it now.

I plan to upgrade our 3-day hoppers to deluxe AP's on our last day of our July trip. Because we will be going again in February.

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
02-11-2005, 09:20 PM
Just bought his AP on the DL website. Thanks folks.
Oh and for the record, he looks 3. Heck he is tall enough to go on Soarin' and Splash.

disney jones
02-11-2005, 09:56 PM
I totally agree with adriennek about buying the pass now. Installment plans are so much easier on the pocketbook. :)wow, i've been bemoaning the fact we're off cycle in our family because, two were bought in June while Syd didn't turn 3 till August, so i delayed by the pass for her till her first visit as a 3 yr old in October. i hadn't thought of the benefits of spreading the costs out. :)

i too think its a terrible way to raise children by teaching them to lie and cut corners. its just a terrible example for later on in life.

VickiC
02-12-2005, 08:03 AM
We went to the San Diego Zoo last weekend for the first time after our littlest turned three. DH and I have a couples membership, our 5 year old has her Koala Club card but we hadn't gotten one for the 3 year old. The membership line was huge, way longer than the regular ticket booth. We debated for a minute what to do then decided to take her thru the gate and order her a membership online the minute we got home. So the zoo got our money that very same day, we didn't have to wait in line and I still felt guilty!