PDA

View Full Version : Where's Jingles?

Diamondbacker
02-08-2005, 07:42 AM
My son and I took a short DL trip Sun & Mon and noticed that Jingles was missing from KAC. He is my son's(mine too) favorite. Maybe he is being gold painted for the 50TH?

MrsG
02-08-2005, 08:22 AM
Who is Jingles??

SCUBAbe
02-08-2005, 08:24 AM
what's KAC?

poohbunnieshutch
02-08-2005, 08:33 AM
"Kept Animal Center?"

"kookoo animal center?" I don't know and I thought I knew everything-lol!

bradk
02-08-2005, 08:49 AM
King Arthur Carrousel in Fantasyland. Jingles has 'bells' and flowers in her mane and a couple of hidden mickeys, or so it goes

there's a photo here: http://www.bigbeaks.com/dl/kac/images/jingles.jpg

Mukta
02-08-2005, 09:16 AM
My son and I took a short DL trip Sun & Mon and noticed that Jingles was missing from KAC. He is my son's(mine too) favorite. Maybe he is being gold painted for the 50TH?

Was there a new horse in her place or was the space just empty?

Diamondbacker
02-08-2005, 10:14 AM
Thanks BradK for the help on that..
Mukta- There are more horses than spaces available on King Arthur's Carousel- especially since they added handicap seating a couple of years ago so all the spaces were filled- she was just not there. The first E-Ticket Magazine I purchased had a neat article about KAC and it stated that "Jingles" was Walt's favorite horse and when they would take her off to do a refurb- they would put Jingles in a different place to try to hide it from Walt. Sometimes you will also here people refer to "Jingles" as the lead horse of all the horses. There is also a horse with a gold painted tooth and that was suppose to be Lillian's (Walt's Wife) favorite but I do not know that horses name.

bradk
02-08-2005, 10:26 AM
found a whole bunch of interesting info on the carrousel here (http://www.dldhistory.com/Disneyland.asp?Tab=Disneyland&Page=49&ID=58)

doesn't identify the horse with the gold tooth (other than to agree that it was mrs. disney's favorite and that it was the first horse purchased for the carrousel), but it does list the names of all of them, so i guess it's only a matter of process of elimination now.. i got it down to 71 possible names :)

Shortiemetoo
02-08-2005, 12:11 PM
Wow, thanks for the great link, I had no idea about any of this!!!! :fez:

Tinker Bell
02-08-2005, 03:00 PM
yes thank you for the link. I have search for a long time for the name list. I even wrote a letter to DL but no one wrote back :(

lisap
02-08-2005, 04:04 PM
There are more horses than spaces available on King Arthur's Carousel- especially since they added handicap seating a couple of years ago so all the spaces were filled- she was just not there.

We have seen Jingles and ridden her many times since the handicapped seating was added--she is normally the first horse after the bench. We noticed on our last trip she was not in the line-up, but I'm sure she is just being repainted.

Diamondbacker
02-08-2005, 04:20 PM
We have seen Jingles and ridden her many times since the handicapped seating was added--she is normally the first horse after the bench. We noticed on our last trip she was not in the line-up, but I'm sure she is just being repainted.

But do you wanna bet she will come back painted gold for the 50th?- They will probably have to have a Jingles line only for those that will have to ride her. :)

AVP
02-08-2005, 05:35 PM
But do you wanna bet she will come back painted gold for the 50th?- They will probably have to have a Jingles line only for those that will have to ride her. :)That's exactly where Jingles is - she's getting a new golden coat.

AVP

Earkid
02-08-2005, 06:30 PM
That's exactly where Jingles is - she's getting a new golden coat.

AVP

OOOOO, I'm excited now. That's my new goal this year, to get a pic of me on a gold Jingles wearing my gold mouse ears. :D