PDA

View Full Version : What DLR characters have you taken pictures with your families or kids?

Pages : [1] 2

disney jones
02-07-2005, 07:40 PM
What characters have you taken pictures with your families or kids? You probably have ones we haven't gotten to yet, but over the last 7-8 months (with an additional 4-day visit in the summer of 2003), we've built up quite a list (an unfortunate obsession :( ). Let me know who else you've seen wandering around DLR (WDW is irrelevant to me), We're at the point where i need to start stalking the homes of these guys if we haven't gotten a picture with them :rolleyes:

Here's a list of characters we've gotten pictures with. It only includes the ones we've taken with a family member posing in it with a character, and does not include characters marching in parades. Some of the characters have multiple outfits, so i listed those separately in parenthesis:

Pluto (as chef, normal outfit, western outfit)
Goofy (as chef, as Davy Crockett, as Santa, in western attire, his normal outfit)
Dale (chef outfit),
Chip and Dale (western attire, Storyteller’s café attire, in Christmas attire, normal),
Belle (in blue and white, in a yellow ball gown, and with the Beast),
Jasmine,
Genie
Snow White,
Mary Poppins (in white),
Bert (MP),
Jessie,
Woody,
Tigger,
Pooh,
Eeyore,
Mulan,
Flik,
Princess Atta (also from ABL),
Lilo,
Stitch,
Rolie Polie Ollie,
Mickey (DCA California, in his Tuxedo, Sorcerer Apprentice, DCA Christmas)
Minnie, (DCA California, beach Minnie, her red & white polka dots),
Koda,
Kenai,
Cindererlla,
Auroa (in pink, and in blue),
The Evil Queen,
Stanley,
Max,
Donald Duck (in his DCA California, normal, in western attire),
TweedleDee,
Tweedle Dum,
Alice,
Mad Hatter,
White Rabbit,
Ariel,
Queen of Hearts,
Peter Pan,
Wendy,
Captain Hook,
Timon,
Cruella de Ville,
Buzz Lightyear,
Esmerelda,
Prince Charming,
JoJo,
Goliath,
Hercules,
Daisy Duck (beach),
Timon,
Fairy Godmother,
The Beast,
and finally a mouse from Cinderella.

Here are some notable ones we've seen in the parks the last two years but have missed getting a snapshot with:

Aladdin, Merlin, Gepeto, Mickey in his bandleader attire, Monster’s Inc. characters, Aurora’s Prince Phillip, Mushu, Mary Poppins dressed in dark colors as a nanny, and a whole bunch of characters we've only seen in parades lately such as the Dwarfs and Piglet.

One final note: when i was young back in the day, we never got autographs, so i've never adapted to this - DW likes to do it with the kids, but the three of us have ignored this modern day phenomena.

Anyway, i'd love to hear your stories!!

SCUBAbe
02-07-2005, 07:42 PM
wow....we have been going since my child was about 2 and we have her with mickey mouse twice and gepatto...:)...oh I took a picture of her with santa clause once..oh yea and last year she posed with pluto and goofy....but thats it. :)...she's 14 now...:)

Disneynerd
02-07-2005, 07:48 PM
I'm so jealous. That's A LOT of characters. I have one treasured picture of me with Pooh on my desk. Yes, that's right, I have a picture of myself on my desk. The whole gang was milling around Splash shortly after rope-drop in March of 2003.

disney jones
02-07-2005, 07:59 PM
like i said, it's an obsession. :| its so bad, i have to start bribing my kids to go pose with some of them sometimes that they really don't want to go pose with. Most of them frighten Sydney, so i don't make her pose, so Zoe bears the brunt of it. There's only about 20% of characters she doesn't want to pose with, so i don't often have to start bribing her. we always wait our turn, but she gets annoyed when i start pushing her up to them. that's why we've missed some characters is because she's refused to go pose with them, like Mary Poppins in her dark nanny outfit.

the worst i felt was after she posed with Cruella de Ville. After pleading and begging, she finally went up there. After she came back when i got a picture, tears started coming down her face. :(

we've gone enough so its taken about 30 visits to accumulate these.

its for their own good, you know. :|

they'll appreciate it when they're older. :|

;)

SCUBAbe
02-07-2005, 08:07 PM
the worst i felt was after she posed with Cruella de Ville. After pleading and begging, she finally went up there. After she came back when i got a picture, tears started coming down her face. :(

we've gone enough so its taken about 30 visits to accumulate these.

its for their own good, you know. :|

they'll appreciate it when they're older. :|

;)

well, at least they aren't crying in the pictures....unlike me...I swear every picture of me as a child I'm crying or pouting. My parents swear i had a normal childhood, but I have blocked it out...so normal by whose standards I can't say....LOL....I forced my child on the rides. she really did not want to ride them, but after the first tearful ride she LOVED them and wanted to go on them over and over again. :)

Oh, and at least you pick chracters...I make my chils pose by odd things,,.trashcans, statues, signs...LOL

DopeyWife
02-07-2005, 08:43 PM
Wow, that is a lot of characters! DCA has the Incredibles characters now (I don't know if they are at Disneyland as well), and the characters at Ariel's Grotto had nautical attire (Chip, Dale, Pluto, Minnie, etc.), but I don't know if it is different since they changed it. Also, during the holidays, Pluto has a snowflake collar, and the Winnie the Pooh characters also have holiday outfits.

disney jones
02-07-2005, 09:10 PM
Wow, that is a lot of characters! DCA has the Incredibles characters now (I don't know if they are at Disneyland as well), and the characters at Ariel's Grotto had nautical attire (Chip, Dale, Pluto, Minnie, etc.), but I don't know if it is different since they changed it. Also, during the holidays, Pluto has a snowflake collar, and the Winnie the Pooh characters also have holiday outfits.Oh, i forgot the Incredibles characters in my list - we do have Mr Incredible, Elastigirl, and Frozone.

thanks for the other reminders - i'm not too aggresive getting characters we already have, just because they're in different outfits. Our holiday visits were kind of also for tight for time. and i also know about getting over to Ariel's Grotto, with Mickey's seaside friends - maybe i'll pencil that in for our March visit on the 'to do' list. :)

ozbeauticn
02-07-2005, 09:12 PM
What characters have you taken pictures with your families or kids?

One of my favorite pictures is of my boyfriend with Goofy dressed as a pilot in front of the plane in DCA. They had a contest of who was taller and eventually Goofy pushed my boyfriend down so he could win.

I won't take pictures with Captain Hook anymore after he broke my camera on my birthday :(

ozbeauticn
02-07-2005, 09:14 PM
Also I've taken pictures with Zoe from Rolie Polie Olie.. that might be a good one for you...

disney jones
02-07-2005, 09:20 PM
Also I've taken pictures with Zoe from Rolie Polie Olie.. that might be a good one for you...oh, i'd love to get RPO Zoe - exactly!! we also got a Minnie in front of the Condor Flats plane in 2003, but i've never seen her or Goofy again since in 2004 or 2005 - that's too bad - it was a nice photo op.

bandboy1985
02-07-2005, 09:45 PM
oh, i'd love to get RPO Zoe - exactly!! we also got a Minnie in front of the Condor Flats plane in 2003, but i've never seen her or Goofy again since in 2004 or 2005 - that's too bad - it was a nice photo op.

characters aren't in condor flats anymore- you could see multiples at the same time (their doubles in sun plaza) both from the monorail and in park traffic sightlines.

Terri
02-08-2005, 09:46 AM
I have one treasured picture of me with Pooh on my desk.

Every year we get a pic of my son with Pooh...sometimes we all join in, but I have the most recent one from 3/04 on my desk at work...right next to him and I on splash mountain and the two of us in front of the castle.

Since my son starting getting autographs, we try to get a pic of him with the character signing the autograph book and then we add them together. It's a great memory for him and we can watch him grow in the pics. But...your list is sooooooo much bigger than ours!! I second the jealosy!

bradk
02-08-2005, 09:50 AM
you could see multiples at the same time (their doubles in sun plaza)

what?!?! disney toons have dopplegangers? that's so freaky. or does eisner have some sort of weird cloning experiments going on in those underground tunnels?

may i suggest that when there are multiple mickeys to be found to just simply throw a fake goatee on one and refer to him as mickey's evil twin brother? same for minnie

sami869
02-08-2005, 10:37 AM
Sully from Moster's Inc, Dale (or was it Chip?), Sorcerer Mickey and Cinderella.

No one I go with is ever willing to stand in those long lines for pictures which is why I only have a few. My boyfriend and I bumped into Dale in Toontown w/no line. Sorcerer Mickey and Cinderella both walked into the Animation building in DCA while my boyfriend, a couple friends and I were sitting there taking a break. Sully is the only one I've stood in line for and my little brother was complaining and making fun of me for ever minute of it :)

Faith Trust & Pixie Dust
02-08-2005, 12:26 PM
We can't begin to match your list since we don't get to go the land as often, but we managed to squeeze in quite a few on our trip last month. I love the new (at least new for us) autograph books that have room to get a signature on one side and a pocket for a picture on the other side. I made sure to get a pic of each character signing the girls' books :) to put in the corresponding pocket. It is their favorite souvenier by far, and so much more meaningful than just looking at the autographs (especially since my three year old doesn't read yet).

CrazyTrain
02-08-2005, 05:33 PM
I've only gone a few times, but I have Aladdin, Goofy, Tigger, Eeyore and Pooh. I didn't get one with Belle (my friend did though) - I always feel wierd with the face characters, being an adult and all. It's easier to deal with the ones whose faces you can't see *lol*

At work, I have a pic of my friends and I in front of the castle at night. Is that bad? :confused:

AlanaP
02-09-2005, 07:52 AM
ok here goes:

mickey minnie doanld goofy pluto baloo timon turk woody buzz jessie alice mad hatter tweedle dum and dee white rabbit gepetto pinnocchio foulfellow&gideon (pinnocchio) queen of hearts evil queen frollo
sherrif of nottingham prince john chip&dale esmerelda flik atta cap'n hook mary poppins&penguins cinderella sleeping beauty belle beast snow white jasmine aladdin genie pocahontas ariel koda kenai lilo stitch maleficent
rollie stanley rafiki eeyore pooh tigger piglet quasimodo big bad wolf
old hag from snow white stromboli shan-yu(bad guy from Mulan) ratcliff cruella d'evil

I think thats it..I went through and made a pic folder with all characters. Those are only Dland. There are others we have from Dworld too that we didnt see at dland. I am hoping to get a LOT LOT LOT of characters we have never seen since it sounds like there are tons of new ones out now. We are headed down in 36 days!!

disney jones
02-09-2005, 08:07 AM
thta's a great list!! - i've always known my list was short on Adventureland types - from the Jungle Book and Lion King. You have quite a few we haven't seen yet.

I also have a folder on my drive just for characters - it's easier to keep track of them.

(And i forgot, we also have Pochohonats and Meeko :) )

and how could i have ever forgotten Ariel from my list! :eek: ;)

AlanaP - did you go during October to get some of those villians?

AlanaP
02-09-2005, 09:17 AM
Disney Jones~ Yeah all the really cool and not often seen villians were "collected" on Halloween day 2003. We stood in line for an hour or so waiting for them! But in my opinion it was worth it. If you ever get a chance to go on Halloween do it!

bradk
02-09-2005, 09:24 AM
right. but if it's halloween, how do you know it's not just Aurora dressed up as Malificent?

the mind just boggles

AlanaP
02-09-2005, 03:04 PM
because I am 99% sure it was prince charming dressed as maleficent..

bassett1976
02-09-2005, 04:12 PM
My wife and I got some great pictures on our honeymoon.
Both of us with Pluto, Mickey & Minnie
Both of us with Goofy
Both of us with Baloo & Louie (one of my favorites)
Both of us with Eeyore, Pooh and Tigger

We just visited Goofy's Kitchen in January 2005.
Both of us with Snow White
Both of us with Chef Pluto
Both of us with Chef Goofy
Both of us with Aladdin
Myself with Max
My wife with Snow White
Individual shots with Chip & Dale

I got a picture with Miss Piggy one day.
Both of us with Eeyore, Pooh and Tigger a few different times.

AnotherPixie
02-09-2005, 07:37 PM
Here's my list. I also have an obsession with getting my girls pictures with the characters. Some of the characters I have managed to get a picture about twice a year with so that I can literally see how much my girls have grown up next to the characters! It is great for scrapbooking. I can't wait to get more!

Pluto
Goofy
Chip and Dale
Belle and the Beast
Jasmine and Alaadin
Genie
Snow White
Mary Poppins and the Penquins
Jessie
Woody
Tigger
Pooh
Eeyore
Piglet
Mulan
Mushu
Flik
Zoe
Miss Piggy
Mickey and Minnie
Cinderella and Mouse
Princess Auroa
The Evil Queen
Max
Donald and Daisy Duck
Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum
Alice
Mad Hatter
White Rabbit
Ariel
Queen of Hearts
Peter Pan
Smee
Captain Hook
Timon
Rafaki
Cruella de Ville
Buzz Lightyear
Esmerelda
Quasimoto
Frollo
Turk
Pinocchio
Geppetto
Gideon and Fowlfellow
Pocohantas
Rodger Rabbit
Merlin
Baloo
Mole
Kronk
Kuzco
and Maynard of course!!!!

AlanaP
02-09-2005, 08:02 PM
yes we have shots with the wonderful Maynard too.. forgot about him!
Lizzie started going to dland at 1 month, I have pics of her being held by Sleeping Beauty! Seeing her grow is a great bonus!

sdfilmcritic
02-09-2005, 11:18 PM
(And i forgot, we also have Pochohonats and Meeko :) )Funny story to share with everyone about these two. A friend of mine and I wanted to get a picture taken with them, but we were going to get our pictures taken seperately. After I got my picture taken with the pair first I told Pocahontas that we were going to flip flop so my friend could a picture with them. I started walking toward my friend to grab her camera when she made a quizzical face. She asked what I told them and I looked back at the pair and they were doing an odd rendition of the Macerena. While doing this Pocahontas was saying "We're flip-flopping, Meeko. We're flip-flopping." This gave me a good laugh.