PDA

View Full Version : Matterhorn Mountain Yodeling music GONE for average listeners!

Noah
02-07-2005, 01:15 PM
What on earth happened to the Yodel music at Matterhorn? You used to beable to hear the yodeling just by walking by the attraction, now you can barely hear the yodeling even with your ear to the speaker in the que which is then followed by the matterhorn loading safety spiel (the safety spiel is totally loud!) Please bring back the yodeling so the general population with average hearing abilities can hear it and not just be subjected to another "Safety Spiel"

tod
02-07-2005, 02:04 PM
On the other hand, I recently heard some '70s synth-pop music from Jean-Jacques Perrey and Gershon Kingsley -- you know, the guys who did Baroque Hoedown -- in Star Trader. And the gizmo where the old Rocket Jets used to be was tootling a synth-version of The Monorail Song I never heard before.

Maybe they're reworking ALL the music parkwide?

--t

Noah
02-07-2005, 02:13 PM
Its one thing to change the music that plays in or near a shop, its another thing to change the signature music for a signature attraction. Bring back the yodelling! Raise the volume!

tod
02-07-2005, 02:23 PM
Its one thing to change the music that plays in or near a shop, its another thing to change the signature music for a signature attraction. Bring back the yodelling! Raise the volume!

Yes, of course. How could I have been so stupid?

I recommend you call 714-781-4000 and demand they "Bring back the yodelling! Raise the volume!" and that they do it at once.

That'll show 'em.

--t

JosieGirl71
02-07-2005, 03:10 PM
Yes, of course. How could I have been so stupid?

I recommend you call 714-781-4000 and demand they "Bring back the yodelling! Raise the volume!" and that they do it at once.

That'll show 'em.

--t
LOL!

marktips
02-07-2005, 07:03 PM
They need to pay whoever mans that phoneline so much more than they are ;)

RemainSeatedPlease
02-07-2005, 07:22 PM
yea i want the yodelin back too, that used to be my favorite music in the park!

sdfilmcritic
02-07-2005, 11:51 PM
Is it just me or is one of the Matterhorn queue songs sound like the song "Be Happy, Don't Be In Such A Hurry"?

Tigertail777
02-08-2005, 12:40 AM
Its not just the yodeling that is so weak you can hardly hear it. They also toned down the howling winds sounds that came from above on the mountain, you used to be able to hear that in the entire Alice area very clearly and distinctly. On the same note, they way way toned down the speakers on the tiki gods in hte tiki room que for quite a while too... hopefully they turn them back up for the refurb so you can hear them all the way through adventureland again. At least turn them up enough so people take notice and understand whats going when I was there last people just kept talking because they couldnt understand what was going on.

Shortiemetoo
02-08-2005, 05:59 AM
Last week my daughter and I commented on the same things...hey wheres the yodeling...and how come the abominable snow monster isn't making any noise????? We asked one of the CM's who said "I don't know but I like it a lot better this way!"... :mad:

Flint
02-08-2005, 04:24 PM
Fie! Fie on them!

RemainSeatedPlease
02-08-2005, 09:56 PM
Last week my daughter and I commented on the same things...hey wheres the yodeling...and how come the abominable snow monster isn't making any noise????? We asked one of the CM's who said "I don't know but I like it a lot better this way!"... :mad:

Them CM's are crazy!

sdfilmcritic
02-08-2005, 10:59 PM
Them CM's are crazy!That maybe true, but imagine having to listen to the same music track over and over for a whole entire work shift, day in and day out. I've experienced this before, and I can understand their torment.

JosieGirl71
02-09-2005, 08:42 AM
That maybe true, but imagine having to listen to the same music track over and over for a whole entire work shift, day in and day out. I've experienced this before, and I can understand their torment.
And listening to yodeling none the less!!

WITron
02-15-2005, 10:21 PM
I used to be a CM at the restraunts and you just learn to tune them out. The only one song that I was never able to learn to tune out is It's A Small World. I cringe anytime I hear that song anymore. Fortunately none of my daughter's toys plays that song.

sdfilmcritic
02-15-2005, 10:49 PM
Fortunately none of my daughter's toys plays that song.... yet.

Earkid
02-16-2005, 07:53 AM
The CM I spoke with said they had to turn down the music so everyone would hear the safety spiel. :rolleyes:

bradk
02-16-2005, 08:01 AM
theoretically, i think they could fairly easily work the safety spiel into the yodeling and make it completely subliminal. so people won't be able to block it out even if they wanted to.

marktips
02-16-2005, 08:16 AM
Speaking of ride audio - it could of been taken down also so that the CMs could effectively communicate for safety reasons.

As for tuning it out - I used to be able to differentiate between "ride noise" and "Guest exiting a vehicle and stepping on the metal floor" with ride audio that was above any safe working condition limit for decibels. The bad side being, I also now suffer from hearing loss because of it.