PDA

View Full Version : What is going on at the end of April?

my2princesses
02-07-2005, 09:09 AM
I tried a few discount websites to check on rooms at the Disneyland hotel and Grand Californian for the end of April and most of them tell me that there are no rooms available. Is there something going on the last two weeks of April? Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks

bradk
02-07-2005, 09:59 AM
spring break.

bad time. 2nd & 3rd weeks of may are best after that (last weekend in may is a no-no too - labor day weekend, and summer after that)

also, whatever days you're considering, consult with the disneyland.com calendar to make sure the park hours are agreeable, unless you plan on staying at least 3-4 days.

DangerMouse
02-07-2005, 10:13 AM
spring break.

bad time. 2nd & 3rd weeks of may are best after that (last weekend in may is a no-no too - labor day weekend, and summer after that)

also, whatever days you're considering, consult with the disneyland.com calendar to make sure the park hours are agreeable, unless you plan on staying at least 3-4 days.

We are going the last week of April, and I seriously doubt any spring break is scheduled during that time (most are end of March - although some earlier and some later). The disney park hours are limited during this week (only open till 8 pm), so I don't think DL is even considering spring break crowds during this time.

When exactly in April was the OP checking on? I'm curious why the sell-outs at the resorts too, b/c I'm really hoping for small crowds during our mid-week stay.

bradk
02-07-2005, 10:34 AM
argh. i meant memorial day. i always confuse the two.

from various sources, the 2 weeks after easter (and for some time preceeding it as well), the park attendance will be extremely high.

easter is early this year, but for whatever the exact reason is, i suspect the rule still holds true this time around.

my2princesses
02-07-2005, 11:56 AM
I was checking on April 18-22 and I also checked April 25-29 and got the same reply. It has me a little worried about crowds. Does anyone know if maybe there are any conventions going on either of these weeks?

Thanks

hlbtimes2
02-07-2005, 01:04 PM
I wonder if it has to do with the great specials they were running for that time period? I know that there were a lot of kids fly free, free hotel nights, discount flex passes,etc, trying to keep numbers up before the 50th celebration starts. Just a thought.

MartyLuvsTigger
02-07-2005, 01:53 PM
ok now I am worried...I am taking my family for my birthday. We are going April 29th. The only thing I can think of is the 2fer deal ends April 28th, maybe they are worried about people going last minute? :confused:

The old man
02-08-2005, 09:13 AM
ok now I am worried...I am taking my family for my birthday. We are going April 29th. The only thing I can think of is the 2fer deal ends April 28th, maybe they are worried about people going last minute? :confused:
Don't worry. Just do some homework ahead of time: Read Darkbeers excellent article on Fastpass, check out the Unofficial Guide to DL and perhaps get that computer program (name escapes me right now, but someone will chime in.) Get to the park before around 30 minutes before it opens and get moving on the rides right away--slow down later. As the Unofficial guide says--a little hustle in the morning will make your day that much easier.

David

Lekta
02-08-2005, 09:25 AM
This is a good source to find out if there is anything going on in the convention center to cause sellouts at the hotels

www.anaheimoc.org

tlovesdis
02-08-2005, 09:31 AM
April is a big month for Cheerleading competitions too so that may be part of it. I was there once at the end of April and there were cheerleaders EVERYWHERE!

bradk
02-08-2005, 09:38 AM
perhaps get that computer program (name escapes me right now, but someone will chime in.)

i'll chime! ridemax (http://www.ridemax.com)

poohbunnieshutch
02-08-2005, 09:59 AM
memorial day is end of may.....

MartyLuvsTigger
02-08-2005, 12:13 PM
April is a big month for Cheerleading competitions too so that may be part of it. I was there once at the end of April and there were cheerleaders EVERYWHERE!
I REALLY hope not. I know we will have a good time anyways, my parents haven't been to DCA so maybe we will do most of our time there. We are having lunch at Club 33, so I really shouldn't complain. :D