PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone noticed Bug's Land CMs are rude?!

Melaniee
02-07-2005, 08:59 AM
Everytime we go over there I get rubbed the wrong way by these people. Not just personally, but I witness the way they treat others, too. It's like I've completely left Disneyland and gone to Magic Mountain or something. Then we head to Fantasyland and it just reaffirms how different they act over there. They are so UNDisney!!

What's up with that?

scaeagles
02-07-2005, 09:37 AM
I have never experienced that there. In fact, over Christmas, there was one point in our triw where we were practically the only ones there. My 3 and 5 year old kept wanting to ride the Lady Bug Boogie. We rode it about 10 times, and they were having a great time goofing around with the CM there.

Never experienced the CMs there being rude, but granted, I am a 2x a year visitor.

Melaniee
02-07-2005, 10:49 AM
Wow. I was beginning to think it was just me, but like I said I witnessed it a couple of times, too, not towards us. I guess we just happen there upon "off" days. Now, the girl at the Tractor Cart was very nice and went out of her way to wish Ds a happy birthday when he had his sticker on once. :~D

bandboy1985
02-07-2005, 11:48 AM
i "play with" one of the characters in the ugly bug ball, and our hosts are always both courteous to guests and looking out for our safety in costume. but they're entertainment folks, so i can vouch for them- attractions i don't know about.

Wendi
02-07-2005, 12:18 PM
Never... not yet anyway. Sorry you've had this experience.

Brian Noble
02-07-2005, 01:03 PM
A Francis CM told my son and I how to get the bugs REEAALLLY spinning. After our disappointment at the over-tightened tea cups, it was one of the highlights of our trip.

(Answer: put the most weight by the door, not across from it.)

sdfilmcritic
02-07-2005, 02:46 PM
My only Bug's Land complaint is the terrible sound quality of the speakers system the CMs use to communicate to the crowd at ITTBAB show in the queue area before the crowd enters the theater. Everytime I've gone to see that show it's hard to distinguish what the CMs are saying sometimes. The audio acoustic of the room may be bad, or the CM may be eating the microphone, or the speakers are of cheaper quality. I don't know, but it should be looked into.

marktips
02-07-2005, 07:01 PM
My only Bug's Land complaint is the terrible sound quality of the speakers system the CMs use to communicate to the crowd at ITTBAB show in the queue area before the crowd enters the theater. Everytime I've gone to see that show it's hard to distinguish what the CMs are saying sometimes. The audio acoustic of the room may be bad, or the CM may be eating the microphone, or the speakers are of cheaper quality. I don't know, but it should be looked into.

It's the same way at WDW, I think the background music was designed to play at a steady level and not specificly in the audio itself to have a "lower" period for the speil like in several other attractions - so when the host goes to speil, the audio does lower (think of it as turning down the audio, rather than the audio itself being lower) and thus the mic isn't as effective (as having lower recorded audio and the mic-lowering).

TraceyMcF
02-09-2005, 07:32 PM
I didn't think rude so much as glazed over with crippling boredom. The guy at Heimlich was great tho.

sleepyjeff
02-09-2005, 09:14 PM
Visited the place last November durring a rain storm. Our group had the whole land virtually to ourselves and all of the cms were quite wonderfull. We visited every single attraction and every cm we encountered did nothing but add to our enjoyment.

Sorry you had a bad time.

spacemountain85
02-09-2005, 10:57 PM
When I was there last weekend trying to hit all the DCA rides in one day (an easy task), I had to go on all the kiddie rides by myself. I ended up being the only person on Heimlich, and the CMs were making fun of me over the speaker system. :(