PDA

View Full Version : Pal Mickey at DL?

JSKoehler
02-06-2005, 06:40 PM
We have two Pal Mickeys (Pals Mickey?) from our most recent trip to WDW. Has Disney instituted a similar program at DL/CA, and if so, will the WDW Pals work there? I saw an archived story on this site which indicated that if the Pal Mickey program worked well at WDW, it might be expanded to DL. I beleive it was worked well and figured they might ahved decided to implement the same program in DL in time for the 50th Anniversary.

SallySkellington
02-06-2005, 06:42 PM
You might want to check out this (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=31678) thread.

JeffG
02-06-2005, 08:59 PM
We have two Pal Mickeys (Pals Mickey?) from our most recent trip to WDW. Has Disney instituted a similar program at DL/CA, and if so, will the WDW Pals work there?

At least so far, they are not offering Pal Mickey at the Disneyland Resort and the ones from WDW don't do anything special there.

-Jeff

got2travel
02-07-2005, 10:35 AM
Jeff's right, we took our Pal Mickey with us in Jan. He didn't utter a sound.
I really didn't expect him too excpet that a CM in Florida said they were told that he works there. I had never heard that before, but had to check it out for myself.

Mickeyslittlehelper
02-07-2005, 01:35 PM
I heard someone say that he said one thing in tomorrowland, but it probably wasnt true.

marktips
02-07-2005, 06:56 PM
You wont get him until you get Hand-Held Captioning devices and Ears to the World translators - it's all the same system and infrastructure.

SCUBAbe
02-07-2005, 07:15 PM
You wont get him until you get Hand-Held Captioning devices and Ears to the World translators - it's all the same system and infrastructure.

he sounds annoying. My friend went to WDW and bought one for her daughter. She said it was cute at first, btu then got really old fast....I can just imagine small crowded DL and everyone carrying their clone of mickey all talking at once...it would be like the stepford mickeys!

Mickeyslittlehelper
02-07-2005, 07:20 PM
he sounds annoying. My friend went to WDW and bought one for her daughter. She said it was cute at first, btu then got really old fast....I can just imagine small crowded DL and everyone carrying their clone of mickey all talking at once...it would be like the stepford mickeys!

I will just ignore that comment. :)

He is a great thing. He doesnt get old. We have been back from our trip and he keeps saying the same jokes, but he never gets old. :fez:

marktips
02-07-2005, 07:25 PM
Scuba's opinions tend to be in the minority..

She doesn't like the characters, she find's Minnie's voice annoying, she "can't wait to leave" DL after being there for a while, and now she thinks Pal Mickey is annoying too.

Can I ask the silly question of why you goto DL? Lots of the stuff you don't like seem to be the fundamentals of everyone's elses enjoyment. What do you look forward to?

Now, before anyone crys foul - I really am just curious.

Are you like Opus with the Club 33 meals? Is it rides? Food?

SCUBAbe
02-07-2005, 07:36 PM
Can I ask the silly question of why you goto DL? Lots of the stuff you don't like seem to be the fundamentals of everyone's elses enjoyment. What do you look forward to?

Now, before anyone crys foul - I really am just curious.

Are you like Opus with the Club 33 meals? Is it rides? Food?

I enjoy the atmosphere when it's not to crowded. I like some of the rides. I do like tinkerbell, thank god they don't have one walking the parks though. Even when I was small child I didn't like the characters that wear the pajamas and full heads. The face characters don't bother me. I realize I'm in the minority and not just about disney things, but most things. I'm guess I'm just different than most people, but thats fine with me...:)...I think the main difference is I see DL for what it is and not what I'm told it's suppose to be.....but to each there own. I still enjoy going occasionally. My next tenative trip will be the weekend of 5/13/05....

the stepford mickeys was a joke. I can just see them all lined up all talking at once, saying the same things....LOL...ok I'm just amusing myself...I admit I do have a dry sense of humor about some things....or maybe it's off the wall....;)

oh and I wasn't there for a while...like a few hours...I was on my third day...it was just to much...of course my mother was there...that could have had something to do with it...LOL

marktips
02-07-2005, 07:40 PM
Are you gonna be dissapointed with the full-sized Tink riding the lead float in the new parade for the 50th?

The only time Pal Mickey's all talk at once is when an announcement "pulse" goes through. Like, for a fireworks show reminder or something - and it's not something you'd notice, because they all just vibrate and laugh, signaling he has something to say. Seen it happen a few times on mainstreet before Meet and Greets (infared floods the entire townsquare plaza with the information) and also on the monorail with the Fireworks reminder (a "timed" message that gets put in his little brain when you enter the turnstyle).

marktips
02-07-2005, 07:43 PM
Just wanna add..

I'm a little dissapointed myself that she'll be full-size for the parade. In the air for Fireworks she still looks tiny, but in the parade, just doesn't seem right.

SCUBAbe
02-07-2005, 07:48 PM
Just wanna add..

I'm a little dissapointed myself that she'll be full-size for the parade. In the air for Fireworks she still looks tiny, but in the parade, just doesn't seem right.

ummm...this probably won't suprise you, but I don't watch the parades...LOL..well, thats not true I have watched the christmas parade once when my child was about 4 and I will watch the electric parade. I LOVE that one..:) I have seen it twice in 4 years, but not the entire parade. I usually catch the last half..:) I do like watching the fireworks. One time I was going to the parking garage when they went off. they set off so many car alarms. It was sooo funny...LOL

AnnaBanana
02-07-2005, 07:48 PM
...it would be like the stepford mickeys!

:p It could turn ugly! For some reason you just reminded me of a Simpson's episode where they go to an Itchy and Scratchy theme park and the robots go crazy!

bradk
02-07-2005, 08:17 PM
which now reminds me.. i'm SO drinking the water on IASW

marktips
02-07-2005, 08:36 PM
ummm...this probably won't suprise you, but I don't watch the parades...LOL..well, thats not true I have watched the christmas parade once when my child was about 4 and I will watch the electric parade. I LOVE that one..:) I have seen it twice in 4 years, but not the entire parade. I usually catch the last half..:) I do like watching the fireworks. One time I was going to the parking garage when they went off. they set off so many car alarms. It was sooo funny...LOL

*thinks* Do you enjoy history? Art museums? World cultures? PBS? Or large shiny silver objects?

SCUBAbe
02-07-2005, 08:39 PM
*thinks* Do you enjoy history? Art museums? World cultures? PBS? Or large shiny silver objects?

yes, yes, yes, pbs...not so much...history channel...yes...large shiny silver objects???

marktips
02-07-2005, 08:40 PM
The silver object is the most important - how about a large shiny silver object that contains the entire history of communication within it?

SCUBAbe
02-07-2005, 08:46 PM
The silver object is the most important - how about a large shiny silver object that contains the entire history of communication within it?
sure...I love technology...I'm so happy right now. I just got my cell phone to upload pictures to the internet...:)...I have a new toy...WOO HOO!!

marktips
02-07-2005, 08:50 PM
sure...I love technology...I'm so happy right now. I just got my cell phone to upload pictures to the internet...:)...I have a new toy...WOO HOO!!

Groovy! I think I figured you out - you're a latent Epcot-fan.

Purely Disney, but not DL. That large (18 stories tall) object I mentioned link (http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wdw/parks/attractionDetail?id=SpaceshipEarthAttractionPage)

You'd prolly like the fireworks more at Epcot too, more technical marvel than "fairy dust" magical. The Earth Sphere covered with LED's opening like a lotus flower is a nice touch.

Whatcha think?

SCUBAbe
02-07-2005, 08:53 PM
Groovy! I think I figured you out - you're a latent Epcot-fan.

Purely Disney, but not DL. That large (18 stories tall) object I mentioned link (http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wdw/parks/attractionDetail?id=SpaceshipEarthAttractionPage)

You'd prolly like the fireworks more at Epcot too, more technical marvel than "fairy dust" magical. The Earth Sphere covered with LED's opening like a lotus flower is a nice touch.

Whatcha think?

yep you could be right.. I have never been there, but I hope to go in 2006...:)...it sounds really cool. :)

marktips
02-07-2005, 08:58 PM
yep you could be right.. I have never been there, but I hope to go in 2006...:)...it sounds really cool. :)

When Epcot originally opened - it didn't have characters. It was void of all the "typical" Disney type things like the characters and fairytales. It was firmly grounded in reality and futuristic optimism.

Things have changed over time with public demand, but lots of the stuff that makes Epcot different still remains - I think you'd like riding a hydrolator to Sea Base Alpha.

Oh, and before anyone notices the major drift - Pal Mickey interacts with Spaceship Earth.

bradk
02-07-2005, 09:08 PM
When Epcot originally opened - it didn't have characters.

what about figment?

marktips
02-07-2005, 09:11 PM
what about figment?

Figment was Epcot's own creation - it wasn't one of Disney's premade characters.

marktips
02-07-2005, 09:21 PM
ps: Anyone else playing Space Race online? http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wdw/special/missionspace/