PDA

View Full Version : We went!

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
02-06-2005, 01:36 PM
DH had an overnight in Burbank, California starting yesterday, and we left the boys and I went with him. We got in about 11:30am. We decided to rent a car, got a great deal on one for $35 and drove to Disneyland! LOL We only went for 4 hours, and rode 4 rides, only one the boys could go on. We went there more for dinner, we ate at Napa Rose. I had been wanting to eat there. It was really nice, good food. The park was packed but we had a good time. I felt guilty as can be going without the boys. We decided against going on Pirates of the Carribean, Brooks' favorite ride, to help with the guilty feeling. We didn't tell them we went either. Makes me more excited about our trip coming in March!
We enjoyed not having to worry about a stroller, the boys, characters etc.
I haven't been on Matterhorn since 2000, believe it or not, so we went on that. It was a great trip. Free parking too, since we were eating at Napa Rose. :D
Oh and the painted Mickey's were amazing. We spent about an hour just looking at those.

CoasterChickie
02-06-2005, 01:45 PM
What fun! There's nothing like an impromptu trip to DL!!! What days will you be there in March?

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
02-06-2005, 01:50 PM
March 14-18.

sdfilmcritic
02-06-2005, 01:52 PM
So you've been there, done that, but did you get the t-shirt?

Faith Trust & Pixie Dust
02-06-2005, 07:18 PM
What a fun, quick trip! I know what you mean about feeling guilty about being in the land without your kids...I love bringing them, but I love leaving them and the stroller at home on occasion (and not telling them where I was). Glad you and DH had a nice dinner at Napa Rose--I've only done it once, but it was a nice treat. Have a great time when you go in March.

Wendi
02-06-2005, 08:17 PM
I just want to know what you had to eat!!! hehehe

cstephens
02-06-2005, 09:12 PM
I just want to know what you had to eat!!! hehehe

Yeah, me too! I always love to hear about people's experiences at Napa Rose.