PDA

View Full Version : Three or four nights?

Magical
02-06-2005, 07:17 AM
We're planning on visiting Disneyland Resort February 26 - March 2nd, or February 27th - March 2nd. We're still undecided as to whether spend 3 or 4 nights! We won't be arriving early in the morning on the first day (more like around noon). Would 3 nights be enough to accomplish everything (with crowds in consideration, etc), or would 4 be more favorable?

Thanks!

rentayenta
02-06-2005, 07:37 AM
Four. The more time you have the better. It can be accomplished in two, but it might not be enjoyable. I prefer to have more time to really enjoy myself. This also gives you time to shop and ride some of your favorites more than once.

Have fun :)

disneyhound
02-06-2005, 09:01 AM
Four. The more time you have the better...

Four is my vote as well. We have done three, but the last few years we have stayed four nights, allows three full days in the parks...

Have a great time!

I Heart Disneyland!
02-06-2005, 11:00 AM
I also vote for 4 nights. That gives you a lot more time, in an un-hurried state to see everything. :) Have fun!

marktips
02-06-2005, 11:02 AM
I don't think anyone is gonna tell you less is more :)

SCUBAbe
02-06-2005, 11:35 AM
keeping in mind I have gone often, but on our last trip we spent 2 nights and 3 days and I just wanted to leave ASAP on day 3. I think I last until 11am...:) I ahve done both parks in one day though. I walk fast and used ridemax and to be honest there are some rides I just don't go on ...like most of fantasyland and tomorrowland..:)

splash
02-06-2005, 12:24 PM
You should definitely go for 4 days. That way, the first day you are there, you can either go to parks for awhile or veg at the motel. There will probably be some crowds in the afternoon so if you can't ride something, (ie. no more fastpasses available, etc....) you will be able to do so on one of the other days. DCA is usually a one day thing, but this way you can go back to do favorites like GRR or CS or SOC. Have fun!!!!!

Wendi
02-06-2005, 02:12 PM
I'd also take 4 nights. It's just more enjoyable to not have to try to rush and cram everything in that you want to do. Do you have kids? The more people in your party, the slower you will become... take more time. If you do have kids, and they're young, you will enjoy having the time to rest and take breaks.

Disney Vault
02-06-2005, 02:37 PM
4 day for sure. I think I could easily do a week and still not get even a little tired of it.

NVMulan
02-06-2005, 03:54 PM
Don't you get $200 disney dollars back for booking the 4th night? We did.

DangerMouse
02-06-2005, 04:30 PM
Don't you get $200 disney dollars back for booking the 4th night? We did.

Ummm, I think that's only if you are staying at the Grand Californian. DLH offers $150 and PP offers $100 for a 4 night stay.

Walt'sbirthdaygirl
02-06-2005, 07:37 PM
I have to vote for 3 nights.The crowds shouldnt be too awful the last few days in Feb first days in march. Many of the rides are still being refurbed and that may keep people away, we do 3 nights every December and by midday on day 4 we are ready to go home. ( I have to add that we are AP holders and go 3-4 times a year, so that likely makes a big difference).

when I called last night to book rooms at the DLH for the 27th-1st I could have picked just about anything at the AP rate at all three hotels, it's the first time in a couple of years that the PP had anything at the AP rate available when we wanted to go. So I don't think crowds are anticipated.

Earkid
02-06-2005, 07:52 PM
Isn't there supposed to be a huge cheerleading event at DL the end of Feb? Seems to me a mom posted something about this in another thread. That is one reason we decided to go the beginning of Feb instead of the end of Feb.

I'm still trying to wrap my brain around why one would choose to go for three days when four is an option. We are AP's and go 4-5 times a year 3-4 days at a time and we never get tired of it. I, personally, would rather go an extra day than get home and have regrets, especially if you don't get to go very often.

Emma
02-06-2005, 08:37 PM
Chiming in with a vote for 4! :)

Hey, why not make it 5? :fez:

JosieGirl71
02-06-2005, 09:12 PM
Ditto... 4 nights! I think we are going to stay for 6 nights like we did the last time!

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
02-06-2005, 10:18 PM
We go for a week at at time, 2 times in 2004 and I was still wanting more time. I could never get bored.
I say 4 nights. In fact, a couple weeks ago I changed our hotel reservation to 4 nights because I wanted 3 full days in the park.

pisces
02-07-2005, 06:43 AM
I definitely think a week is too much. I stayed a week and got bored-----which isn't the worst thing, but I resolved to stay less the next trip.

Why can't you just do 3 nights with 4 full days?

That's what I'll probably end up doing myself.

Walt'sbirthdaygirl
02-07-2005, 02:22 PM
Isn't there supposed to be a huge cheerleading event at DL the end of Feb? Seems to me a mom posted something about this in another thread. That is one reason we decided to go the beginning of Feb instead of the end of Feb.

I'm still trying to wrap my brain around why one would choose to go for three days when four is an option. We are AP's and go 4-5 times a year 3-4 days at a time and we never get tired of it. I, personally, would rather go an extra day than get home and have regrets, especially if you don't get to go very often.

Not sure about the cheerleading event. Any details, I couldnt find the other thread.

Earkid
02-07-2005, 04:33 PM
I'll try to find it. It was in one of those "What will the crowds be like on..........?" threads. There were only 500 of them at the time so I'll see if I can find the info.

Walt'sbirthdaygirl
02-07-2005, 05:27 PM
Thank You

Earkid
02-07-2005, 06:46 PM
Check post #6 on this thread.

http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=35878&highlight=cheerleading