PDA

View Full Version : 2/5/05 Annual Trip Report

olddumbguy
02-05-2005, 11:29 PM
Just got home a little while ago from a nice day at the park. Since my daughter was a year and a half, we have made trips to DL in Febuary. This was our 3rd year now.
We got into the park just before 11 this morning. We headed over to the Horseshoe to meet some family. I went over to the ODV that I had been told sold the chimichungas, asked for one, and was told, quote, "I dont have any yet. They bring them when they bring them. Theres no communication". He wasnt rude really, but he didnt seem very knowledgable. I waited around for about 10 min, and shortly after 11, the chimichungas were delivered. It was about what I expected, and I'd say it was worth $5 considering Disney's prices.
We hit Pirates, then Poo. My uncle pointed something out to me that I didnt know about. The 3 moose heads from the Country Bears show are actually on the Poo ride. They are above your head as you enter one of the rooms, so you actually have to look straight up then straight back and up in order to see them. Then Indy, which I havent been on in close to 10 years. I was in the rear left (drivers side) seat and I couldnt believe how bumpy/jerky the ride was.
We went on StorybookLand about 12:30 and saw something interesting. We were near the very front of the line when Belle showed up with a group of about 5 people. None of them looked espiacally happy, but Belle took them for a ride on the next boat that came in, just their small group. Someone asked the CM how they could set that up for themselves and was told its not possible. The group certainly were not VIPs and I asked if maybe one of them fell down or something and maybe this was a Disney way of making up for it. The CM said she didnt know, but sometimes characters take guests on rides. I'll post a pic of this on my website on Monday.
I ate at the Bengal BBQ for the first time today. I had the Chicken skewer, the spicy Beef and the Bengal beef skewer. The chicken and the Bengal were both excellent, but the spicey wasnt very good. And they were alot smaller then I thought they would be.
Saw the Snow White show. It was pretty good. I'm not real big on shows, but my 3 1/2 year old daughter loved it.
Something I've noticed the last few years. Small World always has long lines during the day, and short lines at night.
My last stop of the night was the Pizzaport, my first time there. My aunt had spagetti and meatballs, my wife has some kind of pasta, chicken alfredo. The servings were very large and both said they were good.
I split a large slice of pepperoni pizza with my daughter and neither one of us were very impressed.
I took lots of pics and will be posting them to my website on Monday. I'll post a link here when I do.

bradk
02-06-2005, 12:15 AM
I went over to the ODV that I had been told sold the chimichungas, asked for one, and was told, quote, "I dont have any yet. They bring them when they bring them. Theres no communication". He wasnt rude really, but he didnt seem very knowledgable.

that's funny. sounds like what he was actually doing was answering all the questions you probably would have asked after, i.e. 'when will you have them?' and then 'can't you just call someone and find out?'

My uncle pointed something out to me that I didnt know about. The 3 moose heads from the Country Bears show are actually on the Poo ride.

very cool. just as a POI from my studying DL 24/7 now in anticipation of my trip. it's tradition that whenever a new ride replaces an old ride (in this case, pooh replacing country bears), a piece of the old ride remains in the new ride (in the queue area?). i believe for example, it's an eeyore parking sign in IJA. just felt the need to share that :)

Earkid
02-06-2005, 11:21 AM
my wife has some kind of pasta, chicken alfredo. The servings were very large and both said they were good.
I split a large slice of pepperoni pizza with my daughter and neither one of us were very impressed.

MMMM chicken fusilli pasta, my favorite. That's my one piece of advice for people eating at Redd Rocket's Pizza Port, STAY AWAY FROM THE PIZZA, sitck with the salads and pasta. I never really cared for their garlic bread either, tough and dry.

Thanks for sharing your trip. Can't wait for the pics.