PDA

View Full Version : AP renewal question

evilchild666
02-05-2005, 10:29 AM
How far in advance of the expiration date of an AP do they send out the renewal form? or how far in advance has anyone here received it?

Darkbeer
02-05-2005, 10:55 AM
The policy is they do not allow renewals until 30 days prior to the expiration date, renewal form or not...

I presume they mail out renewals once or twice a month, so it depends on your expiration date when you receive the form.

If it is getting close, you can always print out a form at the AP section of Disneyland.com

But for many folks, it does not make sense to renew, but to get a new AP instead...

http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=33274

And now that Advance Purchase ParkHoppers come with an Early Entry and $10 ESPN Zone card... let your AP expire, and then buy an Multi-Day ParkHopper to use on your next visit, and upgrade to an AP after using the Early Entry and ESPN Zone card.

cstephens
02-05-2005, 08:44 PM
How far in advance of the expiration date of an AP do they send out the renewal form? or how far in advance has anyone here received it?

Our APs expire in about mid-March, and we just got the renewal notices in Friday's mail.

Darkbeer
02-05-2005, 09:07 PM
My AP expires on March 9th, and I did not get an renewal notice on Friday.....(I live in San Diego)

CrazyTrain
02-07-2005, 11:26 AM
So, to get an advanced 3-day park hopper, you go to the DL site? :confused:

Darkbeer
02-07-2005, 05:31 PM
Yes, you can buy the discounted Multi-Day ParkHoppers at Disneyland.com, once you get to the main site, just click on Tickets.....

CrazyTrain
02-07-2005, 06:50 PM
Ok, it says the adults at kids price is valid through April 28th. Does that mean you can buy them through April 28th? And how far in advance do you have to buy it? (ie. Can I buy it one day and pick it up at DL the next?) Or can you buy it "too" far in advance?
I looked at the rules and couldn't find that info. I know I'm freaking out over nothing, as usual, thanks for the patience! :)

bradk
02-07-2005, 07:00 PM
it is on their website, but hidden well enough. it says (and i copy & paste):

• The first visit must occur on or before April 28, 2005.
• These Disneyland® Resort Park Hopper® Tickets expire 13 days after first use or May 11, 2005, which ever occurs first.
• Each day of use of a Disneyland® Resort Park Hopper® Ticket constitutes one full day of use.

CrazyTrain
02-08-2005, 07:29 AM
Right... so does that mean you can pre-order it on April 28th, as long as you go before May 11?

bradk
02-08-2005, 07:48 AM
you must actually visit the park by april 28th for it to be valid, because that's when the price discount ends.

the may 11 date is there because if you first go on april 28, the hopper will expire on may 11, 13 days later.

Darkbeer
02-08-2005, 07:51 AM
No, the FIRST day of your visit (aka going thru the park's turnstyle) must be on or prior to April 28th.

Disney has a second set of discounted ParkHoppers good from May thru December 2005 available at Disneyland.com (though not as good as the current set of discounts).