PDA

View Full Version : Countdown on California Screamin'

calguy77
02-05-2005, 07:38 AM
I was curious is anyone had a mp3 or music file of the countdown on the ride. You know the guy says, In 5..4...3...2...1... I would love to have a copy of this. Any help as to where I can find one?

Rouxe1688
02-05-2005, 02:15 PM
i don't have one but you might be able to find it if you google 'disneyland sounds' or california adventure sounds.

SoCalDude
02-05-2005, 02:32 PM
I have it from 3, and it is a video taken with my camera.

http://www.landofbricks.com/temp/MOV06475.MPG

download it now, lol - I am not going to keep it up all that long :geek:

Hopes that holds you over. We are going back early this week and will try to get more if nobody has gotten you what you need by then.

TraceyMcF
02-09-2005, 07:37 PM
I am arguing with my daughter that when we went on Screamin' three years ago (DCA's first anniversary) there was no countdown, it just took you by surprise. Am I right or crazy?

AnotherPixie
02-09-2005, 07:42 PM
I am arguing with my daughter that when we went on Screamin' three years ago (DCA's first anniversary) there was no countdown, it just took you by surprise. Am I right or crazy?

You are not crazy. :) You are correct. I was one of the Cast Members that rode on the roller coaster long before DCA's gates were open to the public. From the very beginning, the ride had no countdown. The last time I rode it was about a year ago and even still it didn't have a countdown. They must have changed it. I'll have to ride it again just to see because now I am curious!

SCUBAbe
02-09-2005, 08:04 PM
I liked it better without the countdown.....it was fun to be surprised..:)

Disney Vault
02-09-2005, 08:09 PM
I agree. I think it was more fun when you didn't see it coming. It's the same way with the maliboomer. half the fun is watching the people freak out because they don't know when they are going to shoot up.

TraceyMcF
02-09-2005, 08:46 PM
Yay, thanks for the validation. I started calling her Princess KnowsItAll on this trip. I too, liked it better when you thought, "hey, what's going on, why are we stopped, are weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeyyyyyyyyyyiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!"