PDA

View Full Version : Eisner Retiring??

Pages : [1] 2

HBTiggerFan
12-18-2001, 03:02 PM
Ok, I can't spell. Anyways my friend told me she read in the paper this past weekend that they are trying to get Eisner to retire! Anyone else read this???

MickeyD
12-18-2001, 03:39 PM
Dare we dream??

Can you imagine what his retirement package would be?

Doodle Duck
12-18-2001, 03:50 PM
The question is, WHO are THEY and how do they intend to bring this about? Money? Pay this jerk to go?
I hope that money can be directed at DL and the BOOT is empty and VERY heavy.
A.E. will be.

innerSpaceman
12-18-2001, 03:56 PM
I'll chip in a hundred bucks to his get-the-hell-out-of-here golden parachute.

merlinjones
12-18-2001, 04:02 PM
As Cook said to Katie Nana, "Don't stumble on the way out, dearie."

gautry
12-18-2001, 04:29 PM
would be a better holiday present than bi laddins head on a stick

Not Afraid
12-18-2001, 04:51 PM
This forum has ruined any rational thoughts I might have had. What does "Retirement Package" make you think of?:eek:

rexfarms
12-18-2001, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by gautry

NO! No matter how bad Eisner is....

HBTiggerFan
12-18-2001, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by gautry

NO! DO NOT say that! I know its your oppnion and your entitled to it.

No matter how much I dispise Eisner and what hes done to DL, if I had to choose, I would let Eisner rein forever if I could see OBLs head on a stick!
yea, I know, be careful what you wish for.

coronamouseman
12-18-2001, 07:57 PM
Who cares what happens to Eisner?

Just turn over the Disney theme parks to somebody who cares and knows about theme parks rather than cable companies, media empires and miserable movies ...........

Interesting to note that Vivendi is handing over IOA and US parks to Barry Diller, another Hollywood studio guy - is this the end of the golden age of theme parks as we know it with corporate geeks running the show?

LIMANDL4EVA
12-18-2001, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by innerSpaceman
I'll chip in a hundred bucks to his get-the-hell-out-of-here golden parachute.
im sure we could raise a hefty fund for this cause
come on everyone 200 bucks a pop, lets get this thing on the move!;)

Morrigoon
12-18-2001, 10:47 PM
hope springs eternal

downingfamily1
12-19-2001, 01:18 PM
I hate to break up the party, but the next guy could be worse. Eisner has made many mistakes, but what if they promote someone like Pressler. Just a thought.

HBTiggerFan
12-19-2001, 04:20 PM
If they (assuming wall street??) is that unhappy with Eisner, surely they gotta notice that Pressler isn't doing to hot too. I dunno, just hopin for a pipedream. Maybe some good person from Pixar will come in and take over.

Rocketeer64
12-19-2001, 07:25 PM
Which paper did you friend read this in because I acn't find anything related to Michael Eisner in any news groups from anything recent.

Ace
12-19-2001, 08:04 PM
my friend said they were considering me for the next head of parks or whatever.......first stop, peoplemovers! second stop....rehab rehab rehab...third........tommorowland

tinkfreak
12-19-2001, 10:32 PM
I heard this rumor from a supposed insider about a year ago. Maybe it's a long term goal, not something that's going on right this minute?

LIMANDL4EVA
12-19-2001, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by downingfamily1
I hate to break up the party, but the next guy could be worse. Eisner has made many mistakes, but what if they promote someone like Pressler. Just a thought.
get your mind out of the gutter man!;)

JungleJeff
12-20-2001, 05:56 AM
Dare to Dream! Lets see... revised Christmas list... Osama's head on a stick and Eisner's job on a stick. Oh! and a Corndog on a stick. Mmmmm Corndog. Unfortunately, this sounds like just another fantasy derived from frustration while waiting in a long attraction line, or staring at the prices on the menu boards.:eek:

LIMANDL4EVA
12-20-2001, 06:31 PM
wishful thinking, kinda like we thought they would actually fix DCA;)

Corith
12-21-2001, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by LIMANDL4EVA

im sure we could raise a hefty fund for this cause
come on everyone 200 bucks a pop, lets get this thing on the move!;)

I'm in!

Got that money around here someplace.

Oh, yeah. I'll chip in my annual passport renewal (with mandatory 2 park hopper for that white elephant) money.

Dawnie
01-07-2002, 02:59 PM
Sorry to burst everyone's bubble, but Eisner's not going anywhere, yet. That egotistical maniac, doesn't want to train or mentor a successor, because that would mean he'd have to give up some of his "power'.

As for taking an imaginary collection for his 'ousting'. Save your play dollars. What goes around, comes around.......

Morrigoon
01-07-2002, 04:41 PM
Okay, here's my prediction (assuming that Disney does not get bought out in a hostile takeover).

Whoever succeeds Eisner will be mediocre at best. They will be there only a few years, while a proper successor is found. The person who then takes over will be the CEO Disney is looking for. I don't think we'll get a winner immediately A.E. (after eisner)

Duo Maxwell
01-11-2002, 01:40 AM
Hopefully, if Eisner retires, they get someone in there who gives a darn about the way things were in the old days.:D

Morrigoon
01-11-2002, 02:32 AM
If there's anybody left who remembers.