PDA

View Full Version : A New Year's Trip to Disneyland...

Jason Reynolds
12-18-2001, 11:13 AM
Now I've heard this is the busiest time of the year next to the 4th of July. Is D-land unbelievably crowded the whole weekend or just New Year's eve day? I Live in Vegas, so either way it's going to be crowded, I just want to experience a D-land New Year Celebration.

Please provide any helpful tips...

Thank you

Nigel2
12-18-2001, 12:27 PM
Well they say don't expect to get on many rides, but are you going to stay till midnight or not?

Dreamstaker
12-18-2001, 06:54 PM
It will be crowded - but it will be fun. You will be able to get on rides but there will be long lines, just fastpass or single ride when you can.

Stay till three - stay till three :)

cemeinke
12-18-2001, 07:06 PM
Not Afraid and I are planning to do New Years this year. So far the main advice has been to get their early, expect crowds, but you'll have a good time.

So anyone else planning to go this year?

FEJ
12-18-2001, 07:34 PM
I expect to be there also. If enough people are going we should have a "Meet"

Dreamstaker
12-28-2001, 06:50 AM
I will be bringing my Disney Monopoly board - who wants to play?

Not Afraid
12-28-2001, 08:26 AM
Me, me, me. Can I be Dumbo?

80S ERA
12-28-2001, 09:57 AM
Hmmmm...

DCA or DL for the countdown? Does anyone know if they have anything special planned at either park? I'm already thinking of some secluded areas to hang out at during the day when we (my gf and I) need a moment to ourselves since we could only handle crowds for so long.

I've been to Vegas a few times. Sooo hectic / too hard to find a drink!

Dreamstaker
12-28-2001, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by Not Afraid
Me, me, me. Can I be Dumbo?

Sure can - These movers are cute - I like the blue castles

FEJ
12-28-2001, 10:17 PM
I hjave to work in the morning, i hope to be off by noon, then its off to Disneland:D :D :)

sunnyca
12-28-2001, 10:43 PM
Does Disneyland do anything special for new years eve? I've never been? What can you expect? I was thinking of going this year...but no one special to kiss at midnight.... :(

FEJ
12-28-2001, 11:09 PM
I believe there is fireworks and a countdown. Dont worry, there will be a few of us with no one to kiss at midnight..we can Hi-Five or something...lol

FEJ
12-30-2001, 12:51 PM
If your going on New Years Rve, lets plan to meet in the evening...

Dreamstaker
12-30-2001, 01:15 PM
when - where - ok

80S ERA
12-30-2001, 01:38 PM
Just booked my hotel room at the Anaheim Hilton across Katella...

for only $69 / night!!:cool:

We're gonna enter the park(s) around opening time to make sure that we aren't turned away when the reach capacity.

Anyone know if they allow in-n-outs and hopping when the parks are filled to capacity?:confused: :confused:

DZNYLNDEXTNCTCLB
12-30-2001, 02:16 PM
ITS CROWED, ITS STUFFY, IT GETS CRAZY

BUT I LOVE IT

DISNEYLAND ON NEW YEARS EVE, RIGHT IN FRONT OF THE CASTLE IN THE CENTER!!

ITS THE BEST BABY

DONT MISS IT

Dlandmom
12-30-2001, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by 80S ERA
Just booked my hotel room at the Anaheim Hilton across Katella...

We're gonna enter the park(s) around opening time to make sure that we aren't turned away when the reach capacity.

Anyone know if they allow in-n-outs and hopping when the parks are filled to capacity?:confused: :confused:

That's an amazing rate! Enjoy! In all my years of going to DL, I've never been there for New Year's Eve. One of these days....

Dreamstaker
12-30-2001, 06:36 PM
it looks to me like they are setting up for Fantasmic.

Fingers crossed

Dlandmom
12-30-2001, 06:44 PM
That would be really great! I'd really like my daughter to see it...she's only 2, but she loves Sorceror Mickey and knows the Fantasmic! soundtrack pretty well for a 2 year old!

Good look to all who are going for NYE and NY! If crowds this week were any indication, it's gonna be really packed for NYE!

Not Afraid
12-30-2001, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by FEJ
If your going on New Years Rve, lets plan to meet in the evening...

Yes, Kimosabe, when and where????? Inquiring minds want to know?

Morrigoon
12-30-2001, 08:49 PM
sunnyca: join the club my dear

Wish I could join you guys. Gotta work. Looks like I'll get out early though. We never have any planes airborne at midnight, so our last departure is 6:30. Hopefully shortly after I'll be able to escape and join my buddies at the party on the strip. They shut off Las Vegas Blvd completely, so it's all foot traffic. Then they shoot off a coordinated fireworks display from the tops of all the hotels, going from one end to the other, and THIS YEAR, I know what station the soundtrack is being broadcast on, woohoo! (100.5, if you're going)

But I'd just as well be with you guys in Walt Land.

JBKMC
12-30-2001, 09:16 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by 80S ERA
[B]Just booked my hotel room at the Anaheim Hilton across Katella...

----------------------------------------

Hi 80sERA

While $69 a night is great by normal standards the same rooms at, the Hilton, Marriott & Residence Inn have been won on Priceline with bids in the $30-$40 range and yes they have even been for New Years Eve.

If this link works you can see the winning bids for hotels in the Disneyland area

http://pub4.ezboard.com/fpricelineandexpediabiddingfrm160

Have a great New Years all and hope to make it by the hub some Sunday.

See ya

JBKMC

80S ERA
12-30-2001, 10:11 PM
JBKMC,

Too bad I got one of those non-refundable rates!:mad: I'll keep them in mind next time...