PDA

View Full Version : Conspiracy Theory: Bears and Muppets

Kevin Yee
04-23-2001, 08:06 PM
There's a scene in Muppets 3D where Bean Bunny simulates a bee in Miss Piggy's act. If you watch and listen carefully, you can see a penguin in the orchestra doing a violin solo, as the violin tempo heats up.

This reminds me a lot of the scene in Country Bears Vacation Hoedown where that one bear does a violin solo while being bothered by a bee. There too the tempo picks up.

Coincidence?

(Yes, I know Muppets premiered in WDW. But the Bears Vacation show was in Florida at the time, wasn't it?)

Progressland
04-23-2001, 10:05 PM
Did Walt Disney World *ever* have the Country Bear Vacation Hoedown...?

Karin
04-24-2001, 07:38 AM
I don't honestly think Vacation Hoedown has ever been to Florida. I would think it's a conicidence simply that a bee buzzing around and bothering someone is usually done by a single violin as the tempo picks up.

Yup, I vote coincidence! :D

gppnj
04-24-2001, 07:39 AM
Although I tend to be nostalgic, I do enjoy the Vacation Hoedown much more than the original Country Bear Jamboree. It's just a lot more entertaining, I think.

gppnj
04-24-2001, 07:40 AM
Oh - WDW definitely did have the Vacation Hoedown at one time. I'm sure of that.

Napsto
04-24-2001, 07:23 PM
I haven't seen either of those shows, i am such a loser!

Lost Boy
04-24-2001, 10:47 PM
I don't think the Vacation Show played at WDW for more than one Summer (If at all).
I like the Christmas Show the best.
I have a video of both the Vacation Hoedown and the Christmas Show that was done privately for me and my camera. I was the only one (except for one friend) that was in the theater for this special show. It is so nice to be able to walk around the theater while the Bears are performing, and shoot the entire shows with no interference from noisy audience members. And I was able to get up real close for some great detail shots.

Andrew
04-24-2001, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by Bruce
I have a video of both the Vacation Hoedown and the Christmas Show that was done privately for me and my camera. I was the only one (except for one friend) that was in the theater for this special show. It is so nice to be able to walk around the theater while the Bears are performing, and shoot the entire shows with no interference from noisy audience members. And I was able to get up real close for some great detail shots.

And you're going to post those shots, or links to the video, of course, for your friends here at MousePad, right?

-- Andrew

Lost Boy
04-25-2001, 07:57 PM
I would love too, I just don't have the equipment to do it. I wish I could post the whole thing but that would take up a lot of memory and I just don't like the way video looks when played thru REAL Player or WINDOWS MEDIA PLAYER or QUICKTIME. Too jerky and the colors bleed all over the screen.
But here is what I will do. Email me and I will make the tape available to you for free. It will contain the Country Bear Jamboree (taped at WDW with and audience) and the Vacation Hoedown and Christmas Shows in Disneyland with no audience. All you have to do is send me a blank tape and a return Padded Envelope with postage on it and I will make a copy and send it back to you in a clamshell with a title and back page and labels and everything.
I will do the same if you want my 2 hr and 40 minute DL/DCA Adventure Tape. It was just done 3 weeks ago and has all the new stuff at Disneyland including a ride on the new Autopia and Rod and Alan playing some of their fabulous 2-handed ragtime piano at Coke Corner and some other neat stuff. The DCA portion shows the entire Park and part of a ride on Calif Screamin (the Battery popped out on the second lift hill down side). It also has the complete Sorcerer's Workshop from the Animation Exhibit showing the Beasts Library segment and Ursula's Grotto as well as a lot of footage from the Courtyard. This was all shot early in the am so I got the sequences without any body interferring or making noise, etc.
It has all the eye candy you could ask for and covers everything from front to back. I did not shoot in any of the attractions (except for Flick and Hopper in It's Tough to be a Bug, as filmed shows just don't do well on video. Too much flicker, and 3-D is double image without the glasses, so why bother. And most of the attractions at DCA are film based. I may try on another visit. A blank tape (160 tape) and a return stamped padded envelope will get you this tape also.

:D :eek: I hope I don't get flooded, but go ahead and abuse me. I like sharing my tapes with others.

Lost Boy
04-25-2001, 08:00 PM
I forgot to leave my email address. It is:

bruceroberts@earthlink.net

Sorry about that.:eek:

Napsto
07-19-2001, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by Napsto
I haven't seen either of those shows, i am such a loser!

i saw it 7/17 and i nolw can't wait for POOH!!!

Gemini Cricket
07-19-2001, 10:39 PM
No no no!
The original Bears show is the best. It's very un-P.C.!!! They talk about beating poor Beauford (the cub in the Scouts' uniform), they tease the Trixie (the pleasantly big boned bear) and Blood on the Saddle is kinda gross!!!
I was glad to see the show at WDW's Magic Kingdom. I was also happy to take in a show in the air conditioned buidling.

Morrigoon
07-19-2001, 11:41 PM
I have no objection to the bears moving over to DCA, even keeping the current shows. What I do have a problem with is closing the bears down to replace them with pooh when a perfectly suitable alternate (motor boat lagoon) is availible. If they'd just move the bears to DCA or move Pooh to Motor Boat Lagoon, I'd shut up, I swear!

07-20-2001, 01:04 PM
Coincidence? Vaudeville schtick.

Napsto
07-22-2001, 02:46 AM
i think the bears would work in dca