PDA

View Full Version : Riding the Trams

ozbeauticn
02-04-2005, 11:33 AM
My boyfriend and I finally decided to go down to DL for his birthday instead of mouseadventure (no improving on our second place finish this year..) and we found a great deal staying at the Anaheim Plaza Hotel. So my question is, this is a bit farther walk then we are used to. It says it's across fromt he TImon parking lot, is there any way to walk in there and ride the tram without parking? and if not, how bad really is the walk? On reviews people say anywhere from 2-15 minutes so we don't know what to think. Any help would be great. Thanks!

Terri
02-04-2005, 12:08 PM
you mean the parking lot trams? They don't charge for the tram ride, nor to they verify that you've actually parked there. So you shouldn't have any problem taking the tram...

got2travel
02-04-2005, 03:12 PM
Isn't the Timon lot way down on Harbor with no tram service? Or is that one Pumba?

Anyway, if its the one right behind California Adventure, then there is a walkway in the fence on the Katella side. You can enter the back of the lot, walk almost to the front, then catch the tram. I don't think they run every day in the off season though.

Darkbeer
02-04-2005, 05:17 PM
The Timon lot is only now open only on "busy" days, which means most weekends and peak.... but if it is not open, they still will collect your money at the gates off Harbor, but then send you to the Mickey and Friends Parking Structure....

ozbeauticn
02-04-2005, 05:20 PM
Thanks for all the info! Looks like we'll be walking...

Stupid_American
02-04-2005, 05:28 PM
From the Anaheim Plaza, the walk would be about the same to the tram or the entrance anyway.

HorizonsA
02-04-2005, 08:29 PM
Isn't the Timon lot way down on Harbor with no tram service? Or is that one Pumba?

It's the abandoned Pumbaa Lot you're referring to. I always drive pased it and it's never in use.

My parents take the tram all the time, especially when they stay at the Hilton or something. Go for it.

sdfilmcritic
02-04-2005, 11:11 PM
Driver, your turn is clear. :honk honk: :D