PDA

View Full Version : Favorite area in each park

nightdesigns
02-04-2005, 11:31 AM
Okay, this question won't be as easy as it seems, "What is your favorite area in the park." The hard part, you need to list your favorite area for both DL (easy) and DCA (harder).

My favorite area in DL is NOS at night.

In DCA, the stretch between GRR and Soaring at night. For some reason, that little stretch makes me feel like i'm in DL, maybe because it's the only area that isn't glowing with light and actually has a peaceful feeling to it.

Christiii
02-04-2005, 11:45 AM
my favorite area id DL is on the porch on Main Street...since I go to Disneyland quite oftern, I dont always run around and feel like I have to ride everything asap..the porch is the most wonderful place to sit and soak in all the Disney Magic!! I can sit there with something yummy and just people watch all day...okay..maybe not ALLL day..but its the best spot in DL!! DCA is harder, my faovrite THING there is the chilidogs at Award Weiners, so I guess anywhere in DCA is my favorite, as long as I have a chilidog stuffed in my face :p

02-04-2005, 11:50 AM
Great question, nightdesigns!

GCA - the gift shop by Grizzly Rapids. I just really like the stuff.

DL - a cafe table right by the sparkly shop in NOS.

Opus1guy
02-04-2005, 12:02 PM
Someone asked a somewhat similar question just 2 days ago:

http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=36898

CrazyTrain
02-04-2005, 01:49 PM
Ok, I have it now.
In DL it's the teacups, preferably when they're in motion and I'm on them.
In DCA it's in Soarin, during that part when they're doing down the river.

Borgnineus
02-04-2005, 01:57 PM
My fav is the "alleys" of NOS. Don't really have a fav for DCA, none of it ever really did it for me.

rentayenta
02-04-2005, 02:10 PM
This is a great question and its difficult to narrow down.

Disneyland: Truly impossible for me to say. The feeling I get when we walk under the tunnel and on to Main St.- amazing. NOS at night- perfect. The shady walkway in front of the Matterhorn- love it. Each part of the park makes me feel a certain way- all happy; even the screwed up Tomorrowland because I am in Disneyland.

DCA: The Animation Building. I love to watch the Walt movie. I can feel his spirit in there.

Bill Catherall
02-04-2005, 03:17 PM
My favorite area in DL is NOS at night.

In DCA, the stretch between GRR and Soaring at night.
Ditto on both. They're my favorites day or night.

Disneynerd
02-04-2005, 05:18 PM
This is a great question and its difficult to narrow down.

Disneyland: Truly impossible for me to say. The feeling I get when we walk under the tunnel and on to Main St.- amazing. NOS at night- perfect. The shady walkway in front of the Matterhorn- l...ove it. Each part of the park makes me feel a certain way- all happy; even the screwed up Tomorrowland because I am in Disneyland.

DCA: The Animation Building. I l...ove to watch the Walt m...ovie. I can feel his spirit in there.

So true rentayenta! Each part makes me feel a certain way.
Walking under the plaque,the store where you can buy Indiana Jones hats, the bridge leading to the castle, the bench on mainstreet my husband and I sat on when I was 6 months pregnant laughing hysterically - just happy to be there, the queue for IASW, the little U shaped area in NOS to the left of the HM queue, oh, I could go on forever......gosh I want a churro.

kbanmen
02-04-2005, 05:35 PM
My favorite in DL is the stretch between fantasyland and thunder mountain..(I smoke) and love that smoking area..but it is also soooooo peaceful there and cool in the summer

In DCA I would say...between soarin and grizzly..again much cooler and more peaceful there to realax

Disney Vault
02-04-2005, 05:44 PM
I have to agree with the area between GRR and Soarin for DCA.

In DL I would say the Rivers of America at night.

splash
02-04-2005, 05:49 PM
Let's see my favorite area at Disneyland would probably be in the tunnel for splash mountain.

For DCA it would be in a raft on GRR

I Heart Disneyland!
02-04-2005, 06:08 PM
my favorite area id DL is on the porch on Main Street...

You are my twin! I LOVE that porch on Main Street. I like to pretend it's my house and I'm sitting there watching the world go by. That has always been my favorite. :)

AlohaJulie
02-04-2005, 06:24 PM
Disneyland: anywhere in the NOS area at night - the view of the water, the lights, the food. Love it all.

DCA: The Hollywood Backlot, specifically the Backlot Stage. Feels strangely like a second home (almost).

SCUBAbe
02-04-2005, 06:47 PM
DL: the porch area by the gallery in NOS. I ahve enjoyed sitting on the porch on mainstreet. I love NOS at night when fantasmic *yuck* is in rehab....

DCA: I like the area around the river ride and the hollywood area...and the pier area..I use to LOVE the farm area when they changed the crops, but now it's always the same...:(

Disneynerd
02-04-2005, 07:01 PM
[QUOTE=I Heart Disneyland!]You are my twin! I ......LOVE that porch on Main Street. I like to pretend it's my house and I'm sitting there watching the world go by. That has always been my favorite. :)[/......QUOTE]

Okay, I have to check this out - such a follower. Where is it?

Opus1guy
02-04-2005, 07:18 PM
It's near the China Closet. You can see the porch at the right of the photo on this page:

http://www.mickey-mouse.com/picdlchinacloset.htm

HorizonsA
02-04-2005, 08:25 PM
Favorite Disneyland Spot is a tie between the Critter Country area ( The land in general-It's very-well themed, that's why I like it), and the Big Thunder Trail. That trail seems to be the quietest spot in Disneyland, with the exception of Big Thunder Mountain rider screaming in the background.

At California Adventure, favorite spot is the place where they usually have those stage things, like when they had the X-games and the Summer thing by Paradise Pier. I like standing there and watching the roller coaster and the Maliboomer; and the overall scene is great!

5hr drive
02-05-2005, 03:37 AM
DL (now): :) Standing at the waters edge in front of Pirates. From here, I can see Pirates, Disney Gallery, NOS, Haunted Mansion, Splash Mountain, Tom Sawyer's Island, the Mark Twain, the Sailing Ship Columbia, the canoes, Big Thunder, The Golden Horseshoe, and the Riverbelle Terrace. It just seems like the one place that most combines the perfect tranquility of being at my favorite place on earth with the prospect of all those attractions, shops, and restaurants just waiting for me!

DL (then): :crying: My favorite place used to be the Submarine Lagoon, with the Matterhorn, the Submarines, Autopia, the People Mover, the Skyway, and the Monorail all going on at once. All that activity in that one place, wherever you looked really, was just awesome. It's very sad and melancholy to walk over there now and remember what it was and see the ghost town it now is. I don't go over there very often, and I hope someday it's restored back to its glory days. (please, please, please...)

DCA: :cool: I like the walkways that allow you to watch the rafts come through on Grizzly. I especially like to stand just so the geysers and rafts are in the foreground and the Grand Californian is in the background. To me, this is the prettiest place in DCA.