PDA

View Full Version : Armageddon Coaster?

disneyhead
12-18-2001, 10:44 AM
I was in DCA last week and a CM told me that in addition to ToT and Flick's Fantasy Fair, that there were plans to add an Armageddon ride. He said that it isn't going to be a backdraft style walk-through, but an indoor coaster similar to RnR. This sounds pretty cool to me. It could be like SM in Paris. Has anyone else heard this rumor, if so what other info is available?

totbellhop
12-18-2001, 01:51 PM
Don't believe everything CM tell to you :o

mrfantasmic
12-18-2001, 01:59 PM
Cool idea, but what would it be like.
Oops, I think I just lit a spark.

Nigel2
12-18-2001, 09:53 PM
Odds are he is lying about the coaster since there probably wouldn't be enough space for it all.

Ace
12-18-2001, 10:13 PM
a coaster with a story to tell generally doesn't work.

Iceman
12-18-2001, 10:27 PM
That's probably true for a die-hard coaster enthusiast. Me? If a coaster DOESN'T tell a story, then it's just another set of g's.

Nigel2
12-19-2001, 12:19 AM
Yeah technically SM tells a story, you are in a spaceport and you are traveling somewhere. Matterhorn, you are in the matterhorn trying to avoid the Yeti in there. Big thunder, a haunted mine takes the trains for a ride.

Ghoulish Delight
12-19-2001, 08:53 AM
Originally posted by Nigel2
Odds are he is lying about the coaster since there probably wouldn't be enough space for it all.

There's plenty of space. As I recall, the plan for DCA had always been to start small and expand, slowly engulfing the Timon lot. So room is not a problem.

Now, whether they'll have the money to spend, or want to spend it to add this much at once is another story.

Nigel2
12-19-2001, 11:55 AM
That is another point about the cash flow. But are bug land and ToT going to expand into the timon lot? If so the building for the rumored coaster would probably stick out. But then again there was a thread about how poor the themeing was in the park when different lands don't blend well.

mickeyuk
12-19-2001, 12:30 PM
DISNEYLAND PAIRIS STUDIOS IS GETTING THIS ATTRACTION BUT ITS NOT A COASTER MORE LIKE UNIVERSALS TWISTER.