PDA

View Full Version : Crowds on 5/8/05-5/10/05?

AmandasDad
02-04-2005, 10:57 AM
Hi all,

We're thinking of making a trip on and just after 5/8. I know this is the first weekend of the 50th celebration. Do those of you who have some insight to the crowd situation at DLR think it'll be really packed? Should I wait another week?

Thanks,
-Rob

Surfingstitch
02-04-2005, 10:59 AM
Weekends are usually busier.

bradk
02-04-2005, 11:05 AM
the 8th should be ok, particularly for DCA. for DL, during the week should be as good as it gets. i imagine there would be some immediate surge because of the celebration kicking off, but most out of towner diehards will be waiting until july for the real thing.

as long as you go when kids are in school (which is why the weekends are busier), you probably couldn't hope for better except for jan/feb

Darkbeer
02-04-2005, 01:18 PM
I think the weekend of May 6th thru 8th will be busy, mainly by local AP holders coming to check out the new stuff.... ButI don't expect it to be much busier than normal during the weekdays in May, except for Memorial Day Weekend, and May 5th.

Wendi
02-05-2005, 11:55 AM
I'm planning to be there May 9-12!!! See ya there, hope we don't have horrible crowds, but I AM expecting it to be very busy. As long as I'm prepared for it, I think it won't be so bad.

bradk
02-05-2005, 11:58 AM
I'm planning to be there May 9-12!!! See ya there, hope we don't have horrible crowds, but I AM expecting it to be very busy. As long as I'm prepared for it, I think it won't be so bad.

it really oughtn't be. as i said, the reason why weekends are death is because kids are out of school. even if disney is kicking off its anniversary celebration, people still need to go to work and kids are still in school.

i'd love to know tho since i'll be there the week after.