PDA

View Full Version : Future Disney Gallery Exhibits

Disneyland4Jamy
02-04-2005, 09:31 AM
:confused: With the Haunted Mansion exhibit being removed from the Disney Gallery, what themed exhibit will take its place? I am going to Disneyland in March and hope that the gallery is open.

stan4d_steph
02-04-2005, 09:43 AM
I've read rumors that the Gallery will no longer host exhibits, but will instead be converted into yet another retail store. Bleah.

SallySkellington
02-04-2005, 09:50 AM
Noooooooooooooo! :crying:

AVP
02-04-2005, 09:50 AM
From what I've been able to gather, future "exhibits" will pretty much be framed presentations of artwork available on the Print on Demand poster system. They'll be themed, of course, butyou probably won't see much in the way of props and such anymore. For example, a future "exhibit" might be themed to Fantasyland: the walls covered in "artwork" that can be printed and taken home that day; the "displays" all sculpture and such for sale.

Not sure how I feel about this. I have to be honest, part of the reason Disney has moved to this system is because so many people BEGGED to be able to buy copies of the artwork (Imagineering drawings, concept sketches, historical photos) on display in the exhibits. The biggest change now is that the displays will be reproductions, not originals. If they put the originals on the walls and sold reproductions, I would see no real issue.

Whe you think about it, that was what the 100 Mickeys exhibit was all about: originals on the walls, copies for sale.

AVP