PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland USA DVD Set - At World of Disney??

KarenW2
12-18-2001, 09:34 AM
Can anyone tell me if the Disneyland USA DVD set is available at World of Disney at DLR, and if so, for what price? I'm only interested in the Disneyland USA set, not the others. I've seen it at the local Disney Store at the mall for $22.95, but we don't get a Premium Annual Pass discount there. If WOD has it at the same price as DS, the discount would make it cheaper.

Has anyone seen it anywhere else outside of Disney stores for cheaper?

Many thanks in advance for your help on this!

cemeinke
12-18-2001, 10:09 AM
As of yesterday 12/17 it still was not there, or anywhere else in the park for that matter.

We've been checking since the 4th and finally got panicked/frustrated enough to just order them online so we'd at least be certain to get them. We've only seen the Davy Crockett DVD at our local Tower, so it makes me think people are snatching up the other's when they see them.

Not Afraid
12-18-2001, 10:18 AM
YESTERDAY!!!??? You were at DL yesterday???? Were you doing some christmas shopping without me???? Did you get anything good:) ? I think I must go and search the house now.....

outlaw8
12-18-2001, 10:19 AM
You should still be able to find these at Costco. I found mine there in Mtn.View,Ca. for 19.99( I think)...Maybe cheaper...

Nigel2
12-18-2001, 10:36 AM
I am wondering why so many people seem to buy them at the DS instead of places like best buy.

mad4mky
12-18-2001, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by Nigel2
I am wondering why so many people seem to buy them at the DS instead of places like best buy.

I was at Best Buy on Saturday night...(in San Carlos, CA). They didn't have any. I looked every where. I'm glad now that I bought mine on Amazon.com.
But, I did not buy Silly Symphonies....I called hubby on his lunch hour. Told him to stop by Costco...it'd make a great stocking stuffer for me.;)

Nigel2
12-18-2001, 12:30 PM
Hmmm thats odd, our BB does, circut city usually has them and Suncoast is a definite (but they rip you off royal)

mad4mky
12-18-2001, 12:34 PM
Hmmm thats odd, our BB does, circut city usually has them and Suncoast is a definite (but they rip you off royal)

Just walking into Suncoast is a madhouse. Course I did get a bargain there right after Thanksgiving. I found the Nightmare Before Christmas Special Edition DVD on sale for $12.99! Oh, I was so excited. That was one Christmas bargain...I've found a few others, but that was a good one.

Hmm, Up north here, we have a Fry's Electronics. I can't stand the place, but I just called a store to ask for something specific. They directed me to there...when I go tonight, I'll see if
they have them.

Nigel2
12-18-2001, 12:55 PM
Yeah we have Fry's down here too, you have to know exactly what you want when you go in there or you will get lost. Still suncoast most of the year is such a rip off but they have the best selection for obscure dvds, I would say boarders comes in a close seccond.

EandCDad
12-18-2001, 05:28 PM
Saw it at Costco last night for about $20, I think.

FEJ
12-18-2001, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by Not Afraid
YESTERDAY!!!??? You were at DL yesterday???? Were you doing some christmas shopping without me???? Did you get anything good:) ? I think I must go and search the house now.....

a kid at heart:D

cemeinke
12-18-2001, 06:59 PM
I guess I blew my cover

(Those Jedi mind tricks must not last forever ;) )

mcampisi
12-18-2001, 07:00 PM
I ordered the DL one from buy.com. They were backordered on the Mickey set but since i figure they wont get anymore i turned to ebay.

tjrj
12-19-2001, 06:37 AM
I ordered the Mickey set and the Disneyland set from Disneystore.com-we don't have a store within 4 hours:mad: Ordered yesterday afternoon-the 18th and they said that it would be here before Christmas-wow! It isn't a Christmas gift so I didn't expect that-it was a nice bonus. The Mickey set was sold out-said it would ship in 6 weeks. So if stores are saying they are backordered but still available I would believe them. Regular price was $22.95-with the DC discount it was about $20 plus shipping.

mad4mky
12-19-2001, 09:20 AM
Yeah we have Fry's down here too, you have to know exactly what you want when you go in there or you will get lost. Still suncoast most of the year is such a rip off but they have the best selection for obscure dvds, I would say boarders comes in a close seccond.

We bought Silly Symphonies last night at Costco. $21.99, I think. Fry's didn't have it...which is just as well, I can't stand that place...as I spent $160.00 on other junk.

I got Mickey and Disneyland on Amazon.Com. But, since I had a g.c....it was free for me. I have no intrest in getting the Davy Crockett...

Nigel2
12-19-2001, 11:58 AM
I will have to ask a friend of mine if they have all 4 at fry's since he goes there all the time. One question, why do they sell pepper spray in line?

mad4mky
12-19-2001, 12:07 PM
I will have to ask a friend of mine if they have all 4 at fry's since he goes there all the time. One question, why do they sell pepper spray in line?

You know, I saw that too, and wondered the same darned thing. Weird. Bad enough that they have all the candy (as I grabbed a bag of Butterfinger B.B's). Oh, and I grabbed a Harry Potter colorform...another $12.00 I couldn't afford!

I looked for the new VHS...of Walt: Man Behind the Myth at the store nearest us. Get this, they don't sell ANY VHS any longer there. All DVD's. Hmmm...I guess that video will have to wait. And, I didn't see it at Costco yesterday either.
I'll go to Best Buy after Christmas, or order if from here if Mouse Shoppe gets it.

Nigel2
12-19-2001, 12:39 PM
I don't know if its all blockbuster's but ours has the dvd section slowly expanding taking over the VHS section one set of shelves at at time.

adriennek
12-19-2001, 02:37 PM
Personally, based on what I've seen and heard, if you find the Disneyland DVD anywhere and you don't have it yet-- buy it. Remember, this isn't "just" a limited time deal, this is limited EDITION. When they're gone, they're gone. Our Price Club is completely out of the Disneyland DVD already. They only have the other three left.

Adrienne K

mad4mky
12-19-2001, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by adriennek
Personally, based on what I've seen and heard, if you find the Disneyland DVD anywhere and you don't have it yet-- buy it. Remember, this isn't "just" a limited time deal, this is limited EDITION. When they're gone, they're gone. Our Price Club is completely out of the Disneyland DVD already. They only have the other three left.

Adrienne K

Our Costco only has Silly Symphonies and Davy Crockett. My husband found only one Disneyland there...all Mickey Mouses gone. Didn't bother me...I already have it (what's frustrating is not having the time to watch it)...I just wanted Silly Symphonies! Hubby will wrap it and put it under the tree. That works for me.:)

MickeyD
12-19-2001, 10:03 PM
Ok, because of this thread I left my cozy apartment tonight in search of these DVDs. They had them on Friday at my Disney Store, but I thought I would get them next month. So I went to two Disney stores and two Best Buys in search of them. I got Silly Symphonies and Mickey. Then I came home and did what I should have done in the first place, ordered the Disneyland one from disneystore.com.

Morrigoon
12-20-2001, 01:19 AM
I bought the Disneyland one a couple weeks ago from Coscto. My mom apparently went back a week later to get the other 2 I want (not fond of Davy Crockett), and couldn't find any sign of them.

tinkfreak
12-20-2001, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by mad4mky

I looked for the new VHS...of Walt: Man Behind the Myth at the store nearest us. Get this, they don't sell ANY VHS any longer there. All DVD's.

They're going to sell that!?! I missed it and I've been hating myself ever since! I hope my muggle boyfriend found it and it'll be in my stocking!

Flubber
12-20-2001, 12:54 PM
I ordered all 4 yesterday (pre dawn) from Amazon and they showed up via UPS today! Can't wait to get home and watch 'em.

Flub

JRob2k1
12-20-2001, 10:14 PM
If anyone cares....

Here in Portland I found the DVD at Costco, The Disney Store, and Suncoast!! No shortage up here!

-JRob