PDA

View Full Version : Tonga Toast

Vault Disney
02-03-2005, 07:02 PM
Is there anything like WDW's Tonga Toast at DL?

Thanks! :)

MrsG
02-03-2005, 07:24 PM
Well, why don't you describe it. :)

millionairegirl
02-03-2005, 07:36 PM
It's deep-fried french toast, stuffed with bananas, and covered with a cinnamon sugar mixture. It's really sweet, but really good!

If anyplace would have something like it, it would be Rainforest Cafe. But I haven't tried it personally. I really enjoy the Storyteller's breakfast buffet. They don't have a Tonga Toast, but they do have Vanilla Carmel French Toast - it's to die for!

KarenW2
02-03-2005, 10:42 PM
I've had Tonga Toast, in fact I had it the last time we went to WDW, because I heard so much about it! If you're looking for Tonga Toast, go to Storyteller's Cafe at the GCH! It's my favorite thing to order for breakfast!!

They call it "Banana Stuffed French Toast" on the menu, if memory serves. We haven't had a chance to breakfast there in quite a while, but it's the only thing I order when we do go there!

It's quite yummy!! BTW, I do not believe it's deep-fried. I believe it's grilled.

sdfilmcritic
02-03-2005, 11:15 PM
Mmmm. You're getting me hungry.

Lani
02-04-2005, 09:04 AM
It's deep-fried french toast, stuffed with bananas, and covered with a cinnamon sugar mixture. It's really sweet, but really good!Perfect description, millionairegirl! Except I think the Disneyland folks might not know where you can order it.

Tonga Toast is a signature breakfast dish at the Kona Cafe in the Polynesian Resort at WDW. I believe it also comes with two sausage links, although you might be able to choose bacon instead. Kona Cafe is their casual coffee shop, but you can order a full menu. Often when 'Ohana has been too crowded for waiting on stand-by, we've walked the few steps over to Kona Cafe to eat there.

The last couple of times I've gone to WDW, we flew the red-eye into Orlando International around 6:00 a.m., so we've driven to the resort with a hankering for food (and for something to do). We're usually pretty famished because the airlines don't feed you on a coast-to-coast flight if it's a redeye anymore.

Not everyone likes Tonga Toast. Alex thinks it's way too sweet. I think it's awesome, but the order is HUGE, so I usually only eat half.

MrsG
02-04-2005, 09:24 AM
Sounds delish! ... but for dessert.

Vault Disney
02-04-2005, 04:04 PM
Thanks for the replies. :)

I Heart Disneyland!
02-04-2005, 04:20 PM
They call it "Banana Stuffed French Toast" on the menu, if memory serves.

It's quite yummy!! BTW, I do not believe it's deep-fried. I believe it's grilled.

YUMMY!!! That sounds amazing!!!