PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone have pics of California Screamin'?

Pages : [1] 2

Hakuna Makarla
02-03-2005, 04:20 PM
Rachal wants to see how you are buckled in. she wants to go on this but wants to know how a person is buckled in. :rolleyes:

kbanmen
02-03-2005, 04:24 PM
sorry Karla..I dont..I would love to go with her (and you oif course) when you are here

tell her my older daughter was petrified to go on it at first..she was even crying..(I think she was 12 at the time)..i kept telling her i am 100% sure you will love it..SHE DID..and she never went on a roller coaster before in her life

Have you been on it before??

Tell her there is a sholder bar..very very safe..I am 100% sure she will love it karla..I know she will...I can hardleyn wait to meet her and you..YEAH..KARLA and daughter are coming..YEAH

Emma
02-03-2005, 04:25 PM
No seatbelt. Just a harness that goes over your shoulders and locks tight. I'll see if I can find a pic..

This website shows it: http://lostworld.pair.com/disneyland/trip_reports/aug01/index6.html

kbanmen
02-03-2005, 04:25 PM
Next time I am there, if no one else has any pictures, I could take a picture for her with my camera phone..or if , by chance I work in that area..I could take a picture (but no one would be in the cards though)

Hakuna Makarla
02-03-2005, 04:28 PM
sorry Karla..I dont..I would love to go with her (and you oif course) when you are here

tell her my older daughter was petrified to go on it at first..she was even crying..(I think she was 12 at the time)..i kept telling her i am 100% sure you will love it..SHE DID..and she never went on a roller coaster before in her life

Have you been on it before??

Tell her there is a sholder bar..very very safe..I am 100% sure she will love it karla..I know she will...I can hardleyn wait to meet her and you..YEAH..KARLA and daughter are coming..YEAH

I have not been on a coaster since I was real young, Rachal was on one in Idaho with my sister dana, but she seems to get more scared as she gets older. I guess that goes for me to lol! I hope to go on this and yes I pray you can go on with us but bring ear plugs ha ha ha
I think the whole idea of going up side down and around a loop is what scares us, yes we are chickens ha ha ha .
you and me and her can go on maliboomer to, man I got a full agenda to do, do you think I can do it in 3 days? :)

DisneylandForever
02-03-2005, 04:36 PM
Mi familia (bro and cousin in the front, family friends behind them)

kbanmen
02-03-2005, 04:37 PM
Yep we will try karla..I think we can..Oh we will have a blast..llike I said before I hated coasters before I met wayne..then I went on f ew and love them..the one at DCA is great.soooooo smooth..then we can go to knotts on xcelerator..I wouldnt go on that one for over a year..I LOVED IT..fun fun fun..NOW wayne owes me an acutal engement ring..ha ha wayne

Hakuna Makarla
02-03-2005, 05:01 PM
Thank you guys for the picture, RAchal was happy there was a harness, she is afraid she would feel like she was falling out when she went up side down LOL! Great pictures!!
Kelly, I think the excelerator would be to much for me, I will sit that one out and have a carmel apple while you and wayne go on it LOL! I will watch the little ones ok. :)

JosieGirl71
02-03-2005, 09:26 PM
Thank you guys for the picture, RAchal was happy there was a harness, she is afraid she would feel like she was falling out when she went up side down LOL! Great pictures!!
Kelly, I think the excelerator would be to much for me, I will sit that one out and have a carmel apple while you and wayne go on it LOL! I will watch the little ones ok. :)
You are going so fast around the loop that you stick to your seat. You have to go on this coaster. I really enjoyed it and I am not a "CoasterChickie". LOL :D

CoasterChickie
02-03-2005, 09:29 PM
Karla...you most certainly are not going to sit this one out!!! You and I are going to sit smack dab in the front seat and our two nine year olds are going to sit right behind us. We are going to scream like the crazy fools that we are!!! :D

Hey Josiegirl71-uyou can join us and then we'll change your name to Coaster Joise!! :p

P.S. Tell Rachel the loop is nothing...it's the blast off that takes your breath away!!

Hakuna Makarla
02-04-2005, 04:47 AM
You are going so fast around the loop that you stick to your seat. You have to go on this coaster. I really enjoyed it and I am not a "CoasterChickie". LOL :D

Josiegirl, I just love this picture of you!! you have the sweatest facees. I do hope I meet you when i go, but you are going in March or April? It would be great to meet you!!

Hakuna Makarla
02-04-2005, 04:53 AM
Karla...you most certainly are not going to sit this one out!!! You and I are going to sit smack dab in the front seat and our two nine year olds are going to sit right behind us. We are going to scream like the crazy fools that we are!!! :D

Hey Josiegirl71-uyou can join us and then we'll change your name to Coaster Joise!! :p

P.S. Tell Rachel the loop is nothing...it's the blast off that takes your breath away!!

I will trust this is not scary!! :rolleyes: But if it is I am going to chase you around that thing :D

Shortiemetoo
02-04-2005, 05:05 AM
Karla, I agree with coaster chickie. This roller coaster is so smooth!! The blast off is fun, a rush of air!! The rest of the ride is fun/smooth and much to much too short ;) . Have a wonderful time!!!

CrazyTrain
02-04-2005, 07:30 AM
Emma, thanks for that link!
Those pictures are so cool.
And I now have new computer wallpaper :)

rentayenta
02-04-2005, 07:48 AM
Karla, Gabby is 7 and loved it. She and Tiffany rode together and had a blast! They are well secured in their seats.

sediment
02-04-2005, 08:01 AM

I can assure you there is no feeling of falling out while upside down on Screamin'. The g-forces (? -- where's that physicist on the WDW forum when you need him here?) keep you quite planted.
You will, however, feel more falling-up-and-out effects on the small hills near the end of the ride. Don't tell her, though. That would ruin the surprise, and the anticipation of said effect might be worse than the actual effect.

Hakuna Makarla
02-04-2005, 08:07 AM
Thanks sediment, now I am sacare of the ending ha ha ha, I look forward to this ride ( I think :)

JosieGirl71
02-04-2005, 08:29 AM
I wish I could meet you guys there but DH would throw a fit if I went without him! We aren't going until November so if you guys want to hold off until then... ;) I actually might look at going in the spring if I could talk my sister into going with me and we could do it REALLY cheap!

The worst (or best, depending on how you look at it) is the take off. It literally takes your breath away. After that, it is smooth sailing. I even put my hands in the air! :eek: I thought ToT was waaaaayyyy scarier!

Karla, Thanks for the compliment on the picture. We took those pictures up at Mt. St. Helens and I was having a very photogenic day for some reasons. You should see all the pics from our DLR trip. BLECH! :rolleyes:

Hakuna Makarla
02-04-2005, 08:32 AM
Karla, Thanks for the compliment on the picture. We took those pictures up at Mt. St. Helens and I was having a very photogenic day for some reasons. You should see all the pics from our DLR trip. BLECH! :rolleyes:

sediment
02-04-2005, 08:47 AM
Thanks sediment, now I am sacare of the ending ha ha ha, I look forward to this ride ( I think :)
It's a nice beginner coaster. You'll enjoy it and want to get back in line as soon as you get off. That's my prediction.

JosieGirl71
02-04-2005, 08:50 AM
I hear ya ha ha ha , some of mine I hide, well that a lie, I hide them all!!!
I used to hide from the camera all the time until I started scrapbooking. Then I realized that my kids and grandkids wouldn't have any pics of me and that was kind of unfair. So, bad hair days, pudgy body and all get scrapbooked! ;)

Hakuna Makarla
02-04-2005, 09:11 AM
Good for you, ok I will not hide, I will let my kids take more pictures of me. Acually I have not had my pic taken since last year, and I posted it for like one day. I am not vain, just do not like me on pics. But yes you have convinced me that I must sit still for the camera!

JosieGirl71
02-04-2005, 09:14 AM
Good for you! Just think of your kids. My mom was a hider too and I have started to make her sit still!

You are going to have so much fun on your trip. I wish I could be there!

SoCalDude
02-04-2005, 09:30 AM
I have a pic of it broken down - but I do not think that is what you are after :eek:

Terri
02-04-2005, 11:43 AM
I've always loved roller coasters and this is a great one! but once...when I had finally talked my son into going on it...it stopped cold. We had JUST come out of the loop and the entire ride just stopped abruptly. As much as I love coasters and have been riding them for almost 40 years...it even scared me! All we could think was...what if it had stopped WHILE we were in the loop...SCARY!!! Needless to say...my son never went on the ride again, but I will!!! :rolleyes: