PDA

View Full Version : DL Character Celebrations

Rae
02-03-2005, 02:43 PM
I have been checking the calender on the DLR website and it shows somethng called the DL Character Celebrations. What is this and is it any good?

Also on the day we arrive they have Mickey's Toon Time Morning Madness, it is only on on the day we arrive and it would be a big rush to make it, but does anyone know what it is like. :)

02-04-2005, 06:09 AM
Click on me (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=36813) for pictures and discussion.

And me! (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=36538)

Rae
02-06-2005, 11:03 AM
Thanks for the links, I don't know how I missed the other thread.

DefyingGravity
02-06-2005, 05:39 PM
I read that the Mary Poppins "Supercalifragilistic- it's a celebration" Celebration has been postponed till this fall. Can anybody confirm or deny this?

Faith Trust & Pixie Dust
02-06-2005, 07:05 PM
I read that the Mary Poppins "Supercalifragilistic- it's a celebration" Celebration has been postponed till this fall. Can anybody confirm or deny this?

I'm afraid I can't, but I just had to compliment you on your name and signature--I'm a huge Wicked fan! Great quotes. :)

bandboy1985
02-06-2005, 09:00 PM
it has been permamently cut and will not be performed now or at any time until at least after the 50th.

CrazyTrain
02-07-2005, 11:20 AM
Ah, that stinks. :(
Do you know why, bandboy?

bandboy1985
02-07-2005, 11:46 AM
oh please. ;)

say it with me, y'all:

BUDGET CUTS!

DefyingGravity
02-07-2005, 12:42 PM
I'm afraid I can't, but I just had to compliment you on your name and signature--I'm a huge Wicked fan! Great quotes. :)

Thanks! I love it too!

Anyways, that sucks about the cancellation. Aw, man!

nerdeus
02-07-2005, 01:31 PM
say it with me, y'all:

BUDGET CUTS!

BUDGET CUTS! heh.
Well, it's more "WE RAN OUT OF MONEY DOING THE CAVALCADE AND THE FIRST TWO CELEBRATIONS" more than a budget cut. At least that's my understanding of the whole thing.

I really hope it comes back, cuz it's the one everyone was excited about doing. *hush hush*, but they were going to have chimney sweeps on the top of the Main St stores roofs doing their little calls. :( BUT, IF the next celebration (Mickey's Magic Kingdom Celebration) does well, and IF they get more money, and IF they green light having the celebrations going on along side the 50th's Parade of Dreams, then the Mary Poppins' Supercalifragilistic It's a Celebration may become reality. But that's a lot of "ifs" to consider, I guess.

VickiC
02-07-2005, 01:42 PM
Chimney sweeps on the roofs would be unbelievably awesome.

bandboy1985
02-07-2005, 10:00 PM
nerdeus- i was told that the budget for MAPO went directly from entertainment into attractions to speed the work at space. but that's just what a certain manager we both know told me. ;)

ETA: and you know the whole cavalcades + multiple parades (two day and one night or day/night, etc.) per day thing is what they do at tokyo, which would be awesome, but i think it'd absolutely cripple parades and characters here. i really hope for our sake they decide to pull cavalcades when 50th and BP come out- it'd be cool to have so much entertainment going down the parade route, but i don't think it's possible, at least here and now.

SoCalDude
02-07-2005, 10:06 PM
I REALLY hope they do the Mary Poppins one! Ever since we got it on DVD my kids have watched it countless times and they love it.

If they were going to cut one of the 3 I would vote for the Mickey one - since they do have that Mickey one EVERY day. It would have been a nice change of pace!

CrazyTrain
02-08-2005, 07:42 AM
That MP one does sound so cool!
I hope the Ifs turn into yeses and they're able to do it!