PDA

View Full Version : Napa Rose

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
02-03-2005, 01:38 PM
Never eaten there. Kid friendly or not?

Opus1guy
02-03-2005, 01:47 PM
Never eaten there. Kid friendly or not?

Doubt you'd find much of anywhere on Disney property a Disney restaurant that wasn't kid friendly. Napa is no exception.

Although with some folks, this restaurant might give the impression of being more of an adult's only of a kind of place. It's main focus and "personality" is finer dining with a huge emphasis on wine. And neither of those appeal to most kids. So from that perspective, it's not really the best kids place, even though they have a kids menu and certainly will be friendly toward your kids.

Storyteller next door, the kids would probably like much better. But Napa is kid friendly. Whether the kids will like it very much...that's up to the kind of kids you have. IMHO.

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
02-03-2005, 01:49 PM
We have eaten at Storyteller and liked it. My kids, well my youngest, tend to not sit well through dinner and I was more worried about him disturbing someone else who might be trying to enjoy a nice dinner. But then again, they are at DLR, right? THANKS!

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
02-03-2005, 02:09 PM
Do we need reservations?

etixnostalgia
02-03-2005, 02:11 PM
Doubt you'd find much of anywhere on Disney property a Disney restaurant that wasn't kid friendly. Napa is no exception.

Although with some folks, this restaurant might give the impression of being more of an adult's only of a kind of place. It's main focus and "personality" is finer dining with a huge emphasis on wine. And neither of those appeal to most kids. So from that perspective, it's not really the best kids place, even though they have a kids menu and certainly will be friendly toward your kids.

Storyteller next door, the kids would probably like much better. But Napa is kid friendly. Whether the kids will like it very much...that's up to the kind of kids you have. IMHO.

The on-property restaurants are all kid-friendly, but the patrons may be a different story. At least in my experience.

adriennek
02-03-2005, 02:24 PM
I would not consider Napa Rose a great choice for taking kids.

It's definitely more of an "adult" restaurant for a lot of reasons: price, pace of being served, types of food being served. I'm sure they have a fine kids menu (I've never seen it because I've never taken my kids there) but being accomodating to kids' tastes, alone, isn't what makes a restaurant, "kid friendly" to me.

Usually when I'm spending that kind of money on dinner, the little kids aren't coming. In general, there haven't been a lot of kids there when I've been. One time there was a family at one table that was letting their kids get up from the table and run around, making a lot of noise and drawing a lot of attention to themselves. As another patron in the restaurant, I resented this and it bothered me on behalf of others, too. The behavior was not "appropriate" for the environment of Napa Rose and was very distracting and rude. Obviously, it didn't bother those parents, but it would've really bothered me if my kids were behaving that way in Napa Rose. Heck, if my kids STARTED to behave that way in just about any restaurant, except maybe the kids indoor play area of McDonalds, they would be outside with me or their father getting a stern talking to! I think if your kids have a hard time sitting through dinner, they're not ready for Napa Rose yet. And I'm not trying to think just of the other patrons but how you might feel if you were in the restaurant and one of your children just decided to "be his age." Does that make sense? I don't want to sound like I'm being a witch :)

Of course, each set of parents has to make the choice that's right for their children. I'm sure that there are more mature "kids" (8-10 or older) who might be able to handle the atmosphere. I know that my sister and I were exceptionally behaved at restaurants by the time we were in that age range. But I wouldn't even consider taking my young children there, yet. Maybe in a few years.

Adrienne

VickiC
02-03-2005, 03:42 PM
The most money we ever spent on dinner and brought our kids was the Space Needle. It was a mistake. We dropped 200 dollars on dinner and the whole time I was worried we were bothering the adults around us. My kids were actually fairly well behaved (they were 2.5 and 5 and the time) but I am hyper sensitive to that sort of thing. I'd rather relax and enjoy a conversation with my husband rather try to think of ways to distract the kids until the next course arrived.

cstephens
02-03-2005, 05:07 PM
We have eaten at Storyteller and liked it. My kids, well my youngest, tend to not sit well through dinner and I was more worried about him disturbing someone else who might be trying to enjoy a nice dinner. But then again, they are at DLR, right? THANKS!

If your youngest has trouble sitting through dinner, then I would recommend against Napa Rose. It's accommodating to kids, but I wouldn't say it's kid friendly, per se. I've seen youngish children having dinner at Napa Rose, but they were all sitting at the table having their dinner. Even though it's on Disney property, it is a fairly upscale restaurant, so having children running around in the restaurant probably wouldn't be too courteous to the other diners.

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
02-03-2005, 09:27 PM
I think we will wait to eat there with my kids, at least my youngest. He is only 18 months old and it is a lot to ask him to sit through dinner. Thanks folks!