PDA

View Full Version : How far from Burbank

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
02-03-2005, 01:35 PM
DH has a Burbank overnight, 18 hours and I was wondering how far it is to DLR from the Holiday Inn Burbank? What would be the best way to get to the park?

Opus1guy
02-03-2005, 02:01 PM
Holiday Inn Burbank is right next to the Golden State Freeway (I-5) and it's a straight shot down to Disneyland on the 5. I'd say about 40 miles. Time? Depending on traffic 50 mins to an hour and a half.

Options? The hotel Guest Services desk probably had ticket/transport combo packages that he could buy. Might be a scheduled bus service available. Best to call the hotel and ask what the options are. Requests to get to Disneyland at Los Angeles hotels are among their most common. So they are almost certain to be ready for the question. Especially at a huge hotel like this Holiday Inn is.

But if it were me, with the generally low cost of car rentals these days, I'd just rent a car and hoof it down to Disneyland on my own schedule.

Scalper10
02-03-2005, 02:01 PM
DH has a Burbank overnight, 18 hours and I was wondering how far it is to DLR from the Holiday Inn Burbank? What would be the best way to get to the park?

When my Friend lived in Burbank it took us about 40 minutes to get to Disneyland. Of course Traffic could make it a lot worse.

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
02-03-2005, 02:08 PM
I will give the hotel a call. We have our APs so we really just need to get there. I was thinking if nothing, just to have dinner at Napa Rose, without the kids and maybe hit a few rides. Thanks for the suggestions. I think on a Saturday, it is this weekend, it wouldn't be as bad, traffic wise, as it would be during the week.

Opus1guy
02-03-2005, 02:36 PM
Sorry. Your original post sounded like just your husband was going to have the 18 layover. With you in tow also (and perhaps even your kids?) and with Annual Passes in hand already, I would definitely suggest renting a car.

Bus or shuttle transport costs alone time 2, 3 or 4 would likely exceed what a car rental would be.

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
02-03-2005, 09:30 PM
MY DH has the overnight, he is a commercial pilot and I am going to go with him, leaving the kids with my mom. I should have elaborated a bit. Sorry.
I called the hotel and all they could give me was $75 each way! NUTS!

CrazyTrain
02-04-2005, 09:08 AM
I-5 is always busy, always packed, right up until Disneyland (when the road widens). I hate that Interstate! :mad:

etixnostalgia
02-04-2005, 09:32 AM
MY DH has the overnight, he is a commercial pilot and I am going to go with him, leaving the kids with my mom. I should have elaborated a bit. Sorry.
I called the hotel and all they could give me was $75 each way! NUTS!

Rent a car. If you are talking about the Media Center Holiday Inn, there's an Enterprise a couple of blocks away.