MY PERSONAL FAVORITE WILL BE THE LAST ONE HE HE

OK OK SO I MAKE UP THE LAST TWO BUT THE FRIST FOUR WERE ON THE MEMO

80S ERA
12-18-2001, 07:53 AM
Where did you see this memo?

gautry
12-18-2001, 08:02 AM
"thats classified I could tell you but then I would have to kill you."

for the sake of the job security lets just say it was in someone high level in the board ie SD 6(ie board)

80S ERA
12-18-2001, 08:50 AM
Well, if the info's correct, I'm glad to see its not going to be a waterpark.

mrfantasmic
12-18-2001, 02:01 PM
What sort of park do they have in mind??

merlinjones
12-18-2001, 03:50 PM
Of these choices, DisneySea, please.

America and D/M Studios are too much like DCA and I have little interest in Animal Kingdom with San Diego Wild Animal Park and Zoo so close.

Westcot sounds less escapist and interesting than DisneySea to me.

I still like the Villain Coaster park idea, though it seems not to have made the cut.

innerSpaceman
12-18-2001, 03:54 PM
At this point, I beg to have Westcot back in the running. If they will bring Horizons back from the dead to the West Coast, that is the park that MUST be the third gate.

12-18-2001, 05:26 PM
Good work, gautry. I go for Disney's America.

Ace
12-18-2001, 07:13 PM
I hope it's not a waterpark.....I wouldn't drive an hour for a watrpark....but it IS Disney....I think they should focus on fixing up DCA and put a couple more rides into Disneyland before they put in another park, especially since DCA isn't that old and 2005 is DL's 50th birthday.

cemeinke
12-18-2001, 07:27 PM
While I've never been to Epcot, I still vote for Westcot, or something that you could explore some international themes.

I guess you could also do that with Disney Seas, but considering the size of the location, I doubt they could pull it off effectively. I think they really need a seaside local for it to work. Long Beach would have been great.

Perhaps they can skip the water part and just do the seven continents, adding an Atlantis/Mu/Hyperboria mythical/lost continent area to have some imagineering fun. On second thought, why not a park made of mythical places? Val Halla, Mount Olympus, Monster Island, Shangra La, etc. Where did that zoo thread go :) ?

As for Disney America and MGM, that seems to be covered already at DCA--don't have to repeat that one.

coronamouseman
12-18-2001, 07:30 PM
My bet would be on DisneySea, although "ocean" park concept may be difficult to retain as the site in question is in a strawberry patch which buffets up against some very middle-class Anaheim housing and Harbor Blvd rather than Tokyo Bay. On the plus side, however:

(1) Proven concept including architectural plans (Tokyo is also subject to earthquakes so designs must include those kinds of considerations)

(2) Since very few Americans vacation in Japan, logical to assume park will be relatively fresh concept

(3) No need for cheap Disney corporation to pay for expensive development of attractions as they are already designed

Ultimate irony - Walt Disney's landmark theme park gets an imported variation on his design which more closely resembles his concepts and commitment to quality than does Disneyland's current (weak) sister park ........

merlinjones
12-18-2001, 08:20 PM
Islands of Adventure is nowhere near the ocean, yet pulls off a similar seaside concept.

Iceman
12-18-2001, 08:23 PM
I haven't been to Tokyo Disney Sea yet, but I have been to Islands of Adventure. There is no coherent themeing; it just feels like a bunch of rides. Even the concept of various "islands" is completely lost. It was Universal's best attempt at Imagineering so far, but they've still got a long way to go. I would hate to see Disney compress what is, by all accounts, a groundbreaking new theme park, into a smaller, less suitable space and lose the magic.

Nigel2
12-18-2001, 10:16 PM
Odds are they still have no plans yet for that patch, how large is it again?

Morrigoon
12-18-2001, 10:41 PM
Hmm.... Well, I'd like a Westcot, but DisneySea looks so great, I'd probably rather have it.

As for Disney's America... could be a good park... and I STILL think they could/should redo DCA over as DA. (See the zoo thread, I'm NOT typing that stuff all over again).

However, I'm not nuts about current management building the 3rd gate. I haven't been impressed with their results in recent parks (I don't even like MGM all that much), and I would hate to see a perfectly undeveloped lot get built up by overpaid amateur accountanteers

Nigel2
12-19-2001, 12:22 AM
Ha I knew you would eventually get tired of posting the ideas over and over again. Now to just break your spirit for DA.:D

driftwood714
12-19-2001, 07:02 AM
If they were going to have a 3rd park open by 2005, they better start breaking ground now. Unfortunately, this rumor is false. If it were true, there would be a heck of a lot more WDI folk around the DLR. Right now, they're working on the Bugs expansion and soon Tower. They still need to work with the City for approvals and finish buying up properties.. I've noticed lots of smaller lots slowly decreasing in business little by little and closing up. There will be even more change around the Anaheim Resort, but not in the near future. Expect a park perhaps in 2007 to 2010. They need to fix DCA first.

yeo_foxe
12-19-2001, 07:32 AM
I think Disney Sea would be the best bet....

1) Villians would be too scary for little kids. (We've heard that there was nothing at DCA for kids.)

2) Disney's America sounds too white-bread, euro-centric (tho Disney USA sounds better) for California's growing hispanic and asian populations. Plus as pointed out before DCA covers much of that ground already.

3) Too many waterparks as it is... And they are seasonal....

Nfatuated
12-19-2001, 07:37 AM
I agree, I think Gautry is full of it! Why would someone have this up on a board? Whats your source, you annonymus here? Why would anybody want another park based on one that is at another park? What I would like to see is an original park with the EFFORT that was put into Disney Seas

Nfatuated
12-19-2001, 07:45 AM
Yeo I agree with your post Except for the "white breed" comment. I think Disney America was an intresting concept. If asians and hispanics new to this country want nothing do with the history of it, then why are they here? To live off of what are forefathers built and then suck us dry? really I have no problem with the openess of our country, Its what makes it great. But if one cannot open a theme park based on this country because other ethnic groups living in the US that do not want to conform to our country, then we are living in sad times.

yeo_foxe
12-19-2001, 08:27 AM
<***SIGH***>

Sorry, nth generation hispanic-asian here.... I was born here, so were my parents and their parents... We never came "To live off of what are forefathers built and then suck us dry?" My family has never been on welfare, even when we could barely make ends meet. My family has never stood on a off-ramp selling oranges.

I think you misunderstood what I meant to say.... the term Disney's America conjures up colonists in tri-corner hats. Pilgrims etc....

Asian and Hispanics history is as much part of American history as these. We have struggled (and some parts of the country are still struggling) as much as anyone.

Conform? Diversity is what makes this country great! :D

yeo_foxe
12-19-2001, 08:31 AM
(Didn't mean to start a flame war.... Just posting my opinion)

mad4mky
12-19-2001, 08:42 AM
I have an opinion about what they should put there...but you know what? They could care less about my opinion...or yours. They are going to put there what they want to put there...period.
All this talking and speculating is that...talking and speculating.

Until Disney makes an announcement, I wouldn't say it will be this or that (well ,we can always say it should be this or that...little that that matters) until its official.

My big deal....we own part of those condos sitting right next to that land...and I mean ,you look out the window, and you see Strawberries growing next to my parked car. My hubby and I bought into those so that when either Disney wants to buy up that property, we'll make a few bucks...or when the third park goes up...so will the value of that property...and we'll still make bucks, or even if that dosn't work...we'll still have a nice place to stay when we come down from the SF Bay Area.

Maybe Mr/Ms. Gautry does know someone "in the know at Disney"...he still didn't tell us what kind of third gate is going in. :confused:

Nigel2
12-19-2001, 11:52 AM
Ok you have seen the lot, how big is it? Are we talking DCA sized here? 25 square acers? What? Also, just wondering what are the odds that a residental property arround disneyland will be bought up by the corp at an ungodly high price?

mad4mky
12-19-2001, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by Nigel2
Ok you have seen the lot, how big is it? Are we talking DCA sized here? 25 square acers? What? Also, just wondering what are the odds that a residental property arround disneyland will be bought up by the corp at an ungodly high price?

Doll City closed. I was told by the managment of the Condo property that Disney bought it. They could be wrong...but what I was told, is that they are already looking into buying some of that commercial land.

Remember Godfather's Pizza on what is now Disney Dr.? What about that little motel, The Lantern Inn right next to it...who bought that? and tore it all down?...and now where is part of Disney stuff is located?

But...I am not an expert. Others here on MP keep up more than I do.