PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland SoCal Discount Question

ucube
02-03-2005, 10:31 AM
A few questions about this discount I've been hearing about.

1. Can I buy it for my friends who are visiting from out of town, if I don't go WITH them to the park? Will they have a problem (cuz not from SoCal)?
2. Where do I buy this? (Vons? At gate?)

Thanks a ton!
J.

bradk
02-03-2005, 10:48 AM
1. Can I buy it for my friends who are visiting from out of town, if I don't go WITH them to the park? Will they have a problem (cuz not from SoCal)?
2. Where do I buy this? (Vons? At gate?)

as far as #1 goes, from what i've learned, you purchase a voucher for the tickets which itself has to be redeemed at the park and that requires an id as proof of residency as well.

which day is this specifically and for how many days? according to what iv'e read, DL.com is selling an adult 3 day hopper with early admission plus a $10 espnzone game card, for $109 but has to be used by 1/4/05-4/28/05 and it expires 13 days after first use or 5/11/05, whichever comes first. You can even get it a little cheaper through ARES Travel.

CrazyTrain
02-04-2005, 09:07 AM
So, you can only buy it and use it if you're a So Cal resident? I can't buy one for an out of town friend, go to the park with him, and redeem it for him to use with me?

bradk
02-04-2005, 09:22 AM
as far as i know, that's correct. anyone taking advantage of the socal discount must prove residency. the only ones who might get past that are children who wouldn't have such id.

it seems a lot of attractions in california have cost incentives to its residents.

CrazyTrain
02-04-2005, 10:59 AM
Cool, thanks for the info! :)

calguy77
02-04-2005, 11:19 AM
The 2fer ticket that is selling at vons and pavillions can be purchsed at Disneyland. You must show and ID to buy the tickets, but did not have to show ID to use them at the gate. I bought some for out of town friends and they used them no problem. Also they have a great deal on a 2 day park hopper ticket for So Cal residents. $73, this way you can go to both parks on both days instead of only being able to do one park on each day.

bradk
02-04-2005, 11:28 AM
i've read that may be true (also even for military discounts), but it is my understanding that the rule is that you must be a resident to use it. so i guess there's a one in a billion shot they may actually check this. buy at own risk.

donatello3000
02-04-2005, 08:13 PM
What are the dates for the 2fer? Haven't found any on that one. Maybe I'm not looking hard enough and it's right in front of my face. Anyway, reason i ask this is because some of my friends and I will be headed there March 25 to 27... We'll be in the parks on March 26, and 26... will it be too late to purchase the 2fer?

bradk
02-04-2005, 08:37 PM
2fer is available at vons and pavilions and is good through 4/28/05. ticket expires 30 days after first use, or 4/28/05, whichever is first.