PDA

View Full Version : Mary Poppins Practically Perfect Tea?

Gramiangel420
02-03-2005, 08:26 AM
Does anyone know if this tea is still being done? It sounded like a fun thing to take my granddaughter to. We are going in March. :)

SoCalDisneyLover
02-03-2005, 08:27 AM
It's unfortunately been gone for 2-3 years now.

Wendi
02-03-2005, 08:42 AM
It's gone... it sure sounds appealing though, I wish it was still there.

cstephens
02-03-2005, 10:04 AM
If they won't bring back the Practically Perfect Tea, how about doing a Mad Tea Party? I'd go to that.

Wendi
02-03-2005, 10:07 AM
If they won't bring back the Practically Perfect Tea, how about doing a Mad Tea Party? I'd go to that.

Now that would be crazy fun... I'd go!!!

AVP
02-03-2005, 10:07 AM
If they won't bring back the Practically Perfect Tea, how about doing a Mad Tea Party? I'd go to that.I wonder if they own the derivative rights to Alice....

AVP

VickiC
02-03-2005, 11:39 AM
Alice is past it's copyright, noone owns it anymore.

Gramiangel420
02-03-2005, 12:02 PM
:( Thank you for the information. It sounded like it was fun. I guess we will go to the princess breakfast and Goofy's Kitchen for dinner. We have been to breakfast at Goofy's and we went to the plaza when the Pooh characters were there. I also would love to see a Mad Tea Party.

TraceyMcF
02-09-2005, 07:43 PM
...and it was not good. There was only tea to drink (our kids were not thrilled), and the waffles? pancakes? can't remember - came with some fruit syrup on them, kids not thrilled, and it cost $106 US for 5 of us. I still remember the exorbitant price. Mary, on the other hand, was phenomenal, we had her pretty much to ourselves (the word was out by then that your $$ would be better spent elsewhere), and the service was lovely - real china, napkins, beautiful little white chocolates shaped like teapots (kids saved them for ages!). But truly not worth the money. Maybe for a couple of ladies, but not for kids. When we paid, the CM said that they were thinking of cancelling it and we should comment on the card if we thought it should stay. We didn't.

dgk2
02-10-2005, 08:36 AM
...and it was not good. There was only tea to drink (our kids were not thrilled), and the waffles? pancakes? can't remember - came with some fruit syrup on them, kids not thrilled, and it cost $106 US for 5 of us. I still remember the exorbitant price. Mary, on the other hand, was phenomenal, we had her pretty much to ourselves (the word was out by then that your $$ would be better spent elsewhere), and the service was lovely - real china, napkins, beautiful little white chocolates shaped like teapots (kids saved them for ages!). But truly not worth the money. Maybe for a couple of ladies, but not for kids. When we paid, the CM said that they were thinking of cancelling it and we should comment on the card if we thought it should stay. We didn't.

Well how old were your kids? And were they girls, or young boys? Sorry, but every time we went to the Practically Perfect Tea it was packed... primarily with young girls 5-13, many of them dressed up. No it probably wasn't too thrilling for boys, but it is a tea with Mary Poppins after all. Anywho, we had a great time, service was fantastic, and the treats were quite good.... was it worth the money??? For the food alone, no, but you were not paying for the food, you were paying for the atmosphere and the entertainment (which by the way was probably some of the best in the park "Mary" was quite the entertainer and always made the kids feel special).

Fortunately we got to go one last time the month before it shut down. :mad:

bradk
02-10-2005, 08:56 AM
one man's tea...

cstephens
02-10-2005, 09:27 AM
...and it was not good. There was only tea to drink (our kids were not thrilled), and the waffles? pancakes? can't remember - came with some fruit syrup on them, kids not thrilled, and it cost $106 US for 5 of us.

Ummm, it was a tea, so wouldn't one expect that they'd be serving...tea? And it doesn't surprise me that kids might not like that, but then I'd think that would be taken into account when one decided to attend that. Yes, it wasn't exactly an inexpensive tea, and I agree that one didn't go to that for the food, but rather, the experience. Did you attend an earlier seating? I think I had remembered hearing that they had a breakfast version of the tea, which would account for the waffles or pancakes you had. The two times I went, it was in the afternoon, so we were served tea food. I remember seeing younger kids there, but I do think they were mostly girls. Of course, the times I went, we had quite a few guys in our group, and they had a good time. The feathers, hats and boas made for great pictures!

lisap
02-10-2005, 12:57 PM
It was one of the more special things we've ever done at the resort with our girls. I'm very, very sad it's gone. :( They need to come up with something like it to take it's place. I love the Mad Tea Party suggestion--we would totally go to that--doesn't the Grand Floridian do an Alice tea party? We were looking into it while we were there but never made it.

MammaSilva
02-10-2005, 01:34 PM
We did the tea twice, first time just the big girls went, our next trip we took our daughters and I'm so glad we did! My daughter is a huge Mary Poppins fan and while she's met her at the park several times, nothing beat the one on one we got at the tea.....Mary made every guest feel as if she had all the time in the world JUST for them...the picture op at the end of the tea was worth the price alone IMHO.....anyone going to one of these for the food, is missing the point. I do wish they'd replace it with something like a Mad Hatter unbirthday party. Our next visit I think we have to try and do the Princess breakfast, it won't be as wonderful as Mary sitting down next to her and discussing Burt or the penquins but it is all that's left in type of experience. Then of course we need to do Lilo & Stitch since she has a stitch plush that is absolutely irreplaceable in her eyes and heart.

kohl
02-10-2005, 03:40 PM

We went twice to the afternoon tea. My kids were 5 and 7 (boy and girl) and both LOVED it! I have never seen my son act so good! They also had
hot chocolate and lemonade served in the tea pots for the kids. They had
PB & J tea sandwiches and other kid friendly things for them. It was a lot of money, but it was so much fun. We were sorry to hear it wasn't going on anymore because my daughter wanted to go there on her 8th birthday.

TraceyMcF
02-10-2005, 08:20 PM
Wow, I'm truly surprised that so many of you loved it so much. Just not our cup of tea I guess. Oh ha ha hee hee I kill me.

Shortiemetoo
02-11-2005, 04:43 AM
Mama Silva when I was at DL last week I "spoke" to Mary in the animation studio in DCA. I asked about the "tea" and she said she was "quite sad they didn't have tea any longer" tee hee...I am a kid at heart! I love Mary Poppins. Anyway...sorry...to my point...Mary is usually at the princess breakfast along with the other princesses. She said they just needed her at DCA that morning but to "join me for breakfast during your stay". Maybe your daughter will be able to see Mary there!!! :D

MammaSilva
02-11-2005, 05:50 AM
Thanks so much for the heads up Shortiemetoo! We're not big into the princess's but had planned on trying it once just for the photo ops and the fact that we do like the food there at the Plaza.

Gramiangel420
02-11-2005, 11:30 AM
Reading all the posts makes me even sadder that we won't be able to go to tea with Mary, but it nice to know that she shows up at the Princess Breakfast. We are definately doing that. The characters at the Pooh breakfast managed to spend time with each child, so everyone felt special. I am hoping that it is the same with the princesses.
Only 36 days to go!