PDA

View Full Version : Second Interview Today!

aundyflys
02-03-2005, 07:58 AM
Im going in for my second interview today(at DL). Any last words of advice?

MrsG
02-03-2005, 08:23 AM
Be personable. Smile. Look the interviewer in the eye (but don't evil-eye stare). Relax! Be available to work any hours!

What position are you going for??

aundyflys
02-03-2005, 09:19 AM
Im interviewing for Ent. Costuming. Ill let everyone know how it goes. :)

Thanks for the advice! :D

evilchild666
02-03-2005, 09:29 AM
I have a question. Why is it that sometimes they hire people right after the first interview, and others have to go back for a second?

Barbossa
02-03-2005, 09:38 AM
In my experience 2nd interviews involve higher level managers who weren't able/willing to interview the candidate the first time around. Sometimes I've seen 2nd interviews scheduled when a candidate is borderline or a decision has to be made amongst 2 or more similar candidates.

Good luck, aundyflys!

I have a question. Why is it that sometimes they hire people right after the first interview, and others have to go back for a second?

aundyflys
02-03-2005, 07:12 PM
I got it!!!!! :D
The second interview was with 2 other people, and basically we just walked around back stage and talk with the managers regarding the job. All 3 of us were hired, so that was pretty exciting.
I ho! I ho! Its off to orientation I go. :)

MrsG
02-03-2005, 07:22 PM
Congratulations! Welcome to the team! We can be happy newbies together.

Niwel
02-03-2005, 07:53 PM
I got it!!!!! :D I ho! I ho! Its off to orientation I go. :)

You go girl!!! So proud! Please fill us in on everything -- where you'll be, what your job entails.... :)

SCUBAbe
02-03-2005, 07:59 PM
yeah...WTG...out of courosity...how much does DL pay?

aundyflys
02-03-2005, 09:08 PM
Well lets see where to start...... Ok so I arrive at the casting center and check in. About 20 minutes later 2 managers from the Ent. Costuming Department show up and Call me and 2 other people. We go and introduce ourselves and then its off to security to check in and get name tags because we are going back stage. The take us to a small costuming hub behind toon town that sevices all the characters in toon town. Then we are off to see the parade carts and where they keep most of the parade costumes. Then its back to the casting center, where we wait to be called individually. When I went in they just asked if I was still fully available, I said yes of course, and with that they made a job offer, and I was off to fill out paper work.

Ent. Costuming has to do with working closely with the show crews. You could be working with the characters, the stage shows, the parades, or Fantasmic. We service both parks and the hotels. They even do special events(the last one was the Rose Parade). Sounds exciting. :D

As far as where I will be, all newbies start in the main Ent. Costuming building behind main street. After 3 months there you can request to work in another location, or do parades or a stage show or Fantasmic!!!!!

Ill keep you posted. :)

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
02-03-2005, 09:21 PM
Congratulations! I always wanted to work at DL!

Shortiemetoo
02-04-2005, 04:39 AM
Wow, congratulations!!!! Hope you have lots of fun!!!

CrazyTrain
02-04-2005, 07:23 AM
Congrats!!!!

stan4d_steph
02-04-2005, 07:42 AM
Congratulations. Perhaps you'll bump into bandboy1985. He's another MP poster and works in the entertainment dept. :)

TikiGeek
02-04-2005, 08:04 AM
Also wishing you congratulations and the best of luck! :)

nerdeus
02-04-2005, 09:19 AM
YAY! Congrats! Welcome to the Entertainment Dept.! I love our costumers! Everyone is so nice and help us out TONS! We seriously can't get anything done without you guys!! Maybe I'll see you around backstage, aundyflys! I'm like... one of only 6 or 7 asians in the Parades dept. hahah.

I Heart Disneyland!
02-04-2005, 11:20 AM
WOW!!!!!!! Congratulations! I can't wait to hear all about the insides of costuming. How fun!!!

tinklover25
02-04-2005, 11:48 AM
WOW!!!!!!! Congratulations! I can't wait to hear all about the insides of costuming. How fun!!!
congrats!!!! that is so exciting!!!