PDA

View Full Version : Character breakfast

Pages : [1] 2 3

sleekmr2
02-02-2005, 09:20 PM
I have never done the character breakfast. can I get some input please.

i can't decide.

02-03-2005, 05:33 AM
I've done Goofy's and Storytellers. I prefer Storytellers.

At Goofy's, the characters approach you at your table. I remember Chip 'n' Dale and Goofy. There's a lot of activity. The food is not great, not terrible.

At Storytellers, you approach the characters. I remember Chip 'n' Dale only. If you want to look at the characters for afar, it's not an issue at all. They won't bother you. The food is very good and there's a menu in addition to the buffet.

Maus
02-03-2005, 07:01 AM
I have done Storyteller's and PCH Grill (Lilo and Stitch).

The food at Storyteller's is 100 times better. But as 3894 said the characters don't approach you there. At PCH Grill they make the rounds to each table--very fun if that's what you're looking for. Also would depend on which characters you prefer.

nursemelis374
02-03-2005, 07:20 AM
I ahve also heard that even if you do the buffet option at Storyteller's, you can still order things off the menu if htey are missing from the buffett!

tlovesdis
02-03-2005, 07:27 AM
I've done all of the character breakfasts.

The food quality in order:

#1 Goofy's Kitchen
#2 Lilo & Stitch
#3 Storyteller's
#4 Pincess Breakfast

Character interaction in order:

#1 Lilo & Stitch
#2 Princess
#3 Goofy's
#4 Storyteller's

My favorite was always Goofy's becasue the food is so good, but the last two times we've been there the character interaction was terrible, so now I would have to say Lilo & Stitch would be my choice if I was looking for great character interaction with pretty decent food.

We are skipping a character breakfast this next trip and trying the character dinner at Ariel's in DCA!

sleekmr2
02-03-2005, 07:37 AM
the age of our group ranges from 17-25. there will be about 8-10 of us. We want to go to a place that has a nice atmosphere and decor. We are also looking for some good food too. I was originally thinking about the Plaza Inn for the Princess Breakfast for my two little brothers who are 17 and 19 ( i think they would enjoy it) but I have heard some mixed reviews about that place.

I have walked through the Grand California Hotel and it is gorgeous. So I was assuming that the Goofy Breakfast must look really nice.

3894: You have gotten me really curious about the storytellers Breakfast. I think I will look into that.

02-03-2005, 07:48 AM
You have gotten me really curious about the storytellers Breakfast.

The French toast is legendary.

ChipmunkStar
02-03-2005, 07:49 AM
Actually, I believe when the character breakfasts underwent modifications, Storyteller's was changed a bit, too.

From what I understand, you can now find Chip, Dale, Terk, Kenai, and Koda at Storyteller's and they now do individual table visits just as the other breakfasts do.

NVMulan
02-03-2005, 08:12 AM
Well I am glad to hear Storytellers underwent a change...it NEEDED it.

I love Goofy's Kitchen and have never been disappointed. Last visit was in Nov.

This time I am going to try the Princess Breakfast and an Ariel's Grotto lunch.

Wendi
02-03-2005, 08:21 AM
For the best food... Storyteller's Cafe.

For the best character interaction... Goofy's Kitchen.

sleekmr2
02-03-2005, 08:23 AM
I read some more reviews and I think we will be dinning at Goofy's Kitchen. We are going there near the end of May. I am so excited.

Thanks for all the help

cstephens
02-03-2005, 10:09 AM
Yep, the characters at Storyteller's do walk around to the tables now. I was bummed about that, but it's still less obtrusive than otherwise. And the decor is really nice. And I think that's my favorite as far as the food selection and quality.

I know a lot of people like Goofy's Kitchen, but it's definitely not something I'd recommend. Character interaction was almost non-existent for us, and the food was just ok. The treatment we got in getting a table was inexcusable.

sleekmr2 - You mentioned the Grand Californian and Goofy's Kitchen. Just to clarify, Goofy's Kitchen is in the Disneyland Hotel. Storyteller's is in the Grand Californian.

Karen256
02-03-2005, 11:13 AM
We've only done Goofy's Kitchen, and we've only done that once. I thought the food there was good, and the selection was very good. My husband can be a little picky when it comes to buffets but even he was impressed with the selection and quality of the food. They had the traditional breakfast fare, waffles, omelette station, bacon, etc, as well as ham, potatoes, enchiladas, pizza, salads, chicken nuggets for the kiddos. There's also a large selection of desserts with a banana split station.

I thought the character interaction was good. We had visits to our table from Goofy, Max, Chip, Dale, and Mary Poppins. Donald and Aladdin were roaming but didn't make it to our table.

We'll definately go back to Goofy's.

pisces
02-03-2005, 01:51 PM
I think you should be thinking character dinners, not breakfast.

I was disappointed in both Storytellers and Goofys for breakfast.

Storytellers doesn't have near the selection or variety of foods at breakfast. There seemed to be minimal character interaction if you came towards the end of breakfast too.

Goofys breakfast was far superior in terms of character interaction, and involvement at breakfast. Heck, the characters dine with you, if you let them----at Goofys.

I still think dinner is much more exciting, when both places trot out their prime rib and such.

Omelets just don't hold that much appeal for me, and not as glamorous as the dinner specialties.

Wendi
02-03-2005, 02:15 PM
I was disappointed in both Storytellers and Goofys for breakfast.

Storytellers doesn't have near the selection or variety of foods at breakfast.

Really??? I can't even imagine what else I'd want them to add... they have sooooo much...

cstephens
02-03-2005, 05:09 PM
I think you should be thinking character dinners, not breakfast.

But there are fewer options for a character dinner. As I recall, the only ones would be Goofy's Kitchen and Ariel's Ariel-less Grotto.

Storyteller's dinner is character-less.

SCUBAbe
02-03-2005, 05:53 PM
for four days in a row we did the one at the PPH. I hated it. We were there on business and those vouchers came with it, but my god minnies voice is annoying. I was so happy when they stopped coming over to the table. I would eat as quickly as i could and get out of there fast!!...:) We also sat the furthest away from them. LOL

Wesley815
02-04-2005, 01:08 AM
I hated it ... I was so happy when they stopped coming over to the table. I would eat as quickly as i could and get out of there fast!!...:) We also sat the furthest away from them. LOL(Unless your message was meant to be completly sarcastic)...
I don't understand people like you. You can clearly see what the characters are doing wayyy before you even sit down to eat there, and after all, it's called a CHARACTER BREAKFEST. Did I miss something? Ah yes, that means characters will be there, with all the songs, dancing, etc... for kids and families. Why didn't you just go to Denny's across the street if you hated it so much? Oh yea, it was free so you "had" to go? (you said you got "vouchers" from your company).

That'd be like you going to a Six Flags theme park and saying "OMG they had rollercoasters there! I'm never going back! I hated it!!!"

Ugh... :rolleyes: :confused: Oh well, I guess some people are never happy.

Kitty&Pookie&P
02-04-2005, 01:18 AM
What has been going on with Ariel's Grotto lately?? I haven't been there since my son's birthday in September.

sleekmr2
02-04-2005, 06:30 AM
cstephens: thanks for the correctiong. I had it the wrong way. Then to story tellers it is.

cstephens
02-04-2005, 10:47 AM
I don't understand people like you. You can clearly see what the characters are doing wayyy before you even sit down to eat there, and after all, it's called a CHARACTER BREAKFEST. Did I miss something? Ah yes, that means characters will be there, with all the songs, dancing, etc... for kids and families.

Because oftentimes, the only way to get the kind of food you want is if you go to a character meal. They generally have a larger, better selection than just a regular breakfast. I've been to a character meal before because I wanted the menu item offerings, and if there was a place I could go to to get the menu items without the characters, I would have, but there wasn't such a place. I've generally found that if you don't want to play with the characters, they won't really get in your face, but I have also heard of some characters who basically try to cajole you into playing, which I don't agree with.

That's why I particularly loved the Storyteller's breakfast. Great food and character interaction only when you want it, when you seek them out. They now visit the tables, but at least it still seemed less intrusive than at other places.

Maus
02-04-2005, 10:53 AM
but my god minnies voice is annoying. I was so happy when they stopped coming over to the table.

Since when do the rubber-heads speak? I didn't think they were allowed.

Wesley815
02-04-2005, 01:27 PM
Since when do the rubber-heads speak? I didn't think they were allowed.They don't, her voice is from the speakers in the celling of PCH Grill.

Mickey talks during Fantasmic to, as well as quite a few other shows/parades/music throughout the park.

pisces
02-04-2005, 01:36 PM
cstephans: With me it's the other way around. If there were no characters at Goofys, I probably would not visit there. Goofys' food, alone, wouldn't justify a visit. The atmosphere makes that place----Goofys. It is very enchanting. If I'm at Disneyland, I want to immerse myself in the atmosphere and ambience, and part of that is just going along and going with it---allowing the characters to interact with me.

As a single diner, I really felt loved and taken care of at Goofys. ---Again, thought it was too expensive, and food quality wasn't that great.....but the Characters really tried to make me feel comfortable....and probably gave me more interaction than the large groups. They really cared, and I've seen a tendency to ignore single diners, at other restaurants.....but not at Goofys.

You are right: Storytellers has no characters at their dinner----which is very gourmet quality. However, the fireplaces and decor is so charming and delightful, that there is enough going on atmosphere-fixture-ambience-wise....to make up for lack of strolling characters at Storytellers dinner.

I do love gourmet-top-quality food, and I take absolute notice of it......but above all else, I go to Disney for a charming and well-executed theme and atmosphere.

cstephens
02-04-2005, 02:14 PM
You are right: Storytellers has no characters at their dinner----which is very gourmet quality. However, the fireplaces and decor is so charming and delightful, that there is enough going on atmosphere-fixture-ambience-wise....to make up for lack of strolling characters at Storytellers dinner.

I would agree with you that Storyteller's is nice for dinner, but since the thread-starter was asking about character meals, I wanted to make sure he/she knew that Storyteller's only had characters at breakfast.

As for Goofy's, I'm definitely not a fan after our last visit, so the combination of food and characters isn't enough to entice me back unless someone forces me to go.