PDA

View Full Version : DLR Trip Report Jan 25-30, 2005

Shortiemetoo
02-02-2005, 05:35 PM
Wow, let me start by saying thank you to everyone who helped me make this trip so special!!!!
Day 1: Tuesday Jan. 25. We left earlier than planned due to concern about the weather and whether the grapevine would be open if it stormed. We stopped at Andersons Pea Soup near Santa Nella for a late lunch about 2 and had the travelers special. It is only $7.95 and you get bottomless split pea soup, bread and your drink, including the choice of a milkshake. We added "toppings" for $1.95. We each had 1 1/2 bowls of soup with toppings. My daughter had soda and I had iced tea. Soup was great, bread/rolls were disappointing, different from our past visits.
In talking to our waiter we found out his entire family is going to disneyland in April and staying at HoJo's. He asked me about 30 disneyland related questions. My daughter (I only found out she was pregnant 4 days before our trip) started having morning sickness, all day, 2 days before we left on our trip. She ate the soup, but I will suffice to say she didn't want to stop there again on the way home. ;)
We then continued to Anaheim. We hit the grapevine at 5:40, traffic wasn't too bad, and we arrived in Anaheim at 7:10. My daughter drove from the grapevine the rest of the way, through LA traffic...she did great!!
First stop....Disney character warehouse!!! That place is GREAT!!!!
They had an outfit for my nephew, a sweatshirt for my hubby, T-Shirts for my daughter and niece and various gifts for my parents, brother and step son. They even had a sweat shirt for me....It has the three princesses on it, actually it is last years style I think, even though it is still available in the park. It is pink and warm and I wore it the whole trip. Two great things about it....my daughter had the same one, she bought it last Sept. on her trip, so we matched this trip and best of all....original park price $59....I paid $29....sheesh...what a deal!!!
Following shopping we went to EconoLodge Maingate, which was no where near the maingate, but was actually a nice room, especially since it was just to sleep in for a few hours. We ordered Chinese food in from China Garden, which advertises in all the motel rooms. It was cheap ($15 with tip for a combination dinner and two kinds of soup). We only ate about 1/3 to 1/2 and it was pretty good, but too much food. If you have a crowd to feed you will get large portions for not a lot of money...but nothing too special. Kind of like the chinese food you get inside of grocery stores.
Then it was time to try and sleep!!

rentayenta
02-02-2005, 09:06 PM
It's about time Shortee ;)

I am sorry your daughter is having morning sickness :(

More more more trip please.......

Shortiemetoo
02-03-2005, 08:17 AM
Day 2: Wednesday. I was so excited to finally be here and get to go to DCA as I have never been to that park!! We changed hotels to Anaheim Travelodge 2060 S. Harbor Blvd. We got the room on priceline as I knew we wouldn't be spending too much time in a room. We got a $30 a night room with two queen beds, big bathroom and a killer continental breakfast with bagels and cream cheese, toast or the traditional sweet rolls. A nice room to eat in and a view of the pool and the little birds my daughter and I fed on the sunny mornings...Great room!!! Great service!!! Great price!!!!! We checked in before going to DCA and even though check in time was 3 p.m. they offered us our room at 7:30 a.m. They also had a complimentary LA times at our doorstep every morning and asked if we wanted one for Wednesday! We passed as we were so excited. Bought our shuttle passes, grabbed a bagel and headed to DCA. We had will call for our "adults play at kids prices" tickets. Got those without a hitch, CM explained all the ticket options to us (ESPN zone $10 card/one early entry on Thursday or Saturday etc).
Went to line up to enter the park and hardly anyone was there. Of course we got in at 9:30, wanted to walk to soarin and get a fast pass for after riding TOT. Well Soarin was open...we walked right on....twice....I got tears in my eyes when it first started, it was SO AWESOME!!! The smells of the grapes and orange groves...beautiful!!! Easy for my daughter despite all day morning sickness. After that we got a fast pass for later and headed for TOT. The street was still blocked so we waited for it to "open" and the security CM was telling us he NEVER goes on scary rides....that he has NEVER been on TOT and that he thinks I am crazy...lol well the kids around us heard him and started teasing him all in fun, with good humor. The guy says thats it...he will NEVER open the barrier and let us through since we were teasing him...so here comes goofy to greet the crowd, and he turns out to be the hero that lets us through!!!
On to TOT! All I can say is WOW!! How fun...rode that twice with a wait to go in the elevator only....great, and so far we are just having a great time...my daughter decided not to ride TOT as she wasn't feeling well so waited for me in the gift shop!
After twice on TOT we were going to go on GRR. It was barely sprinkling. Not enough to even have on ponchos...just a little sprinkle. We decided to go into the animation building, watched the presentation, which I thought was pretty cute. There were only 8....yes EIGHT of us in the presentation, so it felt like a private show. After that we got to see Mary Poppins!! The CM that was Mary was so wonderful...accent/pinky finger etc. all in place. Wonderful!!!!
Now it was time to head to Grizley river run. My daughter convinced me we wouldn't get "too wet". Well I felt like with the sprinkling going on we best get ponchos (as this was going to be a keepsake of our trip, for me anyway)
so we went into the store next door. The CM started laughing...I know what you're going to do....
Well we just walked onto GRR. No wait...no line...no nothing...we were the only two in our raft. What a blast...it was great...it was so much fun that when we got to the end we asked if we could ride again. Sure the CM said...smiled...laughed and FILLED our raft.....That time we REALLY got wet. We sat with a family with mom, dad, gradma, grandpa and kiddlins. LOL we gave them our ponchos from the dollar store, since we had gotten our disney ones. They looked at us, said...oh you don't look wet and stuck the four ponchos in Moms purse....lol...well we all got SOAKED. Much more fun when the raft is full!!!!!
We walked around the area and looked at a lot of Mickeys. Some of the Inspearation Mickeys are so awesome!! Beautiful!!! Tom Hanks was all cosmos related...awesome. We took a few pics with some of the mickeys!
Then it was time for lunch! We went to Whitewater snacks based on the reviews from this site! We were not disappointed!!! In fact we split a grilled chicken breast sandwhich and fries and were stuffed!!!! It was awesome and the CM were wonderful and sweet. We didn't even say we were spliting the lunch, but they still had it cut in 1/2 and put extra strawberries in the basket. Perfect lunch. We sat outside, the sun started peaking through the clouds and my daughter who was heat sensitive with her morning sickness sat at the table AWAY from the heater and cold blooded me sat under the heater...awwwww so nice!!!
After lunch it still wasn't crowded at all so we went on soarin with our fast passes, walked around a little and decided...hey, lets go to DL!!!!
The line to get into DL was long....I thought "oh man, this doesn't look good at all". But once through the line disneyland was relatively empty....it was great!!!
We went to adventureland first, to Indiana Jones....by the time we walked through the que we were in line to get on a car! How awesome is that??? After that we went on POTC...believe it or not my poor daughter was done in after these two rides....we were heading around toward Haunted Mansion and we were in NOS. There were three CM dressed in black with mardi gras beads. One of my "to do's" was to try to get mardi gras beads. I walked up to them as my daughter said "Oh Mom, I want to get pink beads". Well the CMs were full of fun...I asked "how much are the mardi gras beads"..CM #1 says "$6 each" and CM #2 says "or two for $12"...I laugh...say "thats not too much of a discount!" Well CM#1 whose name is Anthony, puts a purple pair around my neck and a silver pair on my daughters neck. I start to pull out money and he says...."No....we were kidding!!!!" Up to now we are the only ones around them.....I tell Anthony...."O.k., I'm being a Mom here, but my daughter is pregnant with my first grandchild....(at which point I pat her tummy). She is hoping for a girl and really...really...REALLY wanted some pink beads. Can she trade for pink beads please!!!! Well Anthony was awesome. He said "No, she can't trade but she can have a pink strand" He then took one pink strand and made a cross at the end of part of the beads, put in on her neck, took another and made a cross at the end out of part of the beads, put in on her neck and then a plain strand and put them on her neck. I started to cry, took money out of my pocket and tried to hand it to him....he refused to take it....gave me a hug and said "I hope you have a great time in the park"....well how could we not have with all of that!!!!
We filled out a form on the way out of the park that day...but WOW...how sweet was that???
At this point my daughter wanted clam chowder in a bread bowl....we got that for her....sat awhile and she decided she could ride the Matterhorn... can you believe it??? I kept asking her if she was sure...she was...so that is where we headed next. She was a trooper...did great...
Next was HISTA...it was cute...but and I know some of you may throw tomatoes at me...but Captain EO was the show I had always seen there...and I can't believe I am saying this...but I missed it....ok...I am definately a wierdo...but I did....lol
After this it was 3:30 so we started heading out of the park as we had resevations at Medievel Times!!! So ended our first day at the parks!! :fez:

Shortiemetoo
02-03-2005, 12:49 PM
Day 3: thursday, sorry if this is too detailed.
Started in Disneyland and it was at least twice as crowded as Wednesday was. It really surprised me. We decided to use our early entry this morning and went to fantasyland. We went on Peter Pan, of course!! Found the spike which used to be the exact center of disneyland (under the drawbridge on the castle) and took a picture of it. We went on the rest of the fantasyland rides except small world which we enjoy at night! After that it was almost time for the park to open so we headed to tomorrow land. We were on the autopia within 10 min. The off road part is so cute!! They really improved it!! From there we went on star tours, only about a 5 min wait, then on the Matterhorn again. Since the haunted mansion was closed when we tried to get on it the day before we headed to NOS.
We went on Jungle cruise, had a pretty good host... I like it when they keep the old material and make it their own and this guy did just that. We were on a boat that was full and it was about 80% oriental tourists. None of them spoke or understood english. It was funny because only about 6 of us got the jokes. It was cute too, obviously some of them were on the cruise for the first time as they jumped at everything, and the shock at surprises were amazing. Made it a lot of fun!
We headed to Haunted Mansion...just as it closed down AGAIN due to a technical problem...not sure what it was as the CM wouldn't tell us. We decided to go ride the Winnie the Pooh ride, just for fun and hoped HM would be open after. Pooh is cute. Sure it is not a thrill ride, but the kiddlins riding around us LOVED it. We meandered back to NOS, HM was still closed, so we walked through pieces of eight, nightmare before christmas store and took a picture of the club 33 door. It was sprinkling off and on, but nothing bad, just an occassional sprinkle. We decided it would be a good time to have lunch. We went to River Belle Terrace because my daughter wanted a 1/2 turkey sandwhich. I decided I would eat her soup and get a kids meal. The bbq chicken leg was moist and good!! The soup was a little spicey for my taste. My daughter LOVED the turkey sandwhich! After lunch we felt like riding BTMRR. Again short wait, about 5 min only. We saw the goat...tried the goat trick...but I didn't feel any different. Rode this twice, it was so much fun!
We shopped our way through main street, also went to first aide so I could talk to a nurse to see if she liked working there, which she did, and went to check out the baby station as next Dec. when we go we will have a 3 month old with us!!!!!
We rode the double decker bus, so we could look at all the second story windows...another thing I really wanted to do on this trip. I trade disney pins so we did a little of that too!!! Around 4:30 my daughter was feeling horrible, so we headed back to the room and rested for awhile.
Our intention was to go back to the park and have dinner, but we decided to go to Mimi's instead. We shared the turkey dinner (it is truly HUGE) and is only $9.99. We added an extra cup of soup, my daughter had the brocolli cheese soup and I had corn chowder. If I went again and both soups were offered I would have the brocolli cheese soup! It was truly wonderful!
We went back to the room and just had an early night of it... :fez:

Earkid
02-03-2005, 02:01 PM
Keep 'em coming Shortie.

Everytime I read someone else's reports I think of something else I want to do on my next trip - 6 days!!

Surfingstitch
02-03-2005, 02:51 PM
The smells of the grapes and orange groves...beautiful!!!

Can I get a refund? I didn't get any grapes!!

GeminiAngel
02-03-2005, 04:29 PM
I'm a little concerned about your daughter riding the rougher rides so pregant. the CM's let her on?

Shortiemetoo
02-03-2005, 05:55 PM
Gemini Angel, she is JUST pregnant....8 weeks...we only found out about 4 days before we left on the trip. She had started experiencing all day morning sickness...but by Sat. she was over that...and she is doing great now!!

Surfing stitch, I only smelled the grapes one time, but smelled the oranges every time...wierd huh?! But sooooo cool!!!

Earkid, I hope your trip is full of magic!!! Make sure to go to the Disney Character warehouse...its awesome!!!

Rentayenta...I love ya girlie girl!!! You gave me so many awesome ideas for our trip!!! Thank you!!!!

Day 4: Friday!!! Wow...did it rain on Friday. We took our time getting ready to go to the park. We got to DCA about 10 as my daughter wanted to go on GRR in the rain....she figured we couldn't get any wetter than the rain was already making us...lol So...thats what we did!!! We went on GRR, and we were about the only people going on it...lol and it was a blast. Then on to soarin and some of the paradise pier rides...in the rain...but we didn't care it was fun. After about an hour we were getting cold though so we decided to go to DTD and eat lunch at ESPN zone. We decided to go through disneyland and ride the monorail because my daughter wanted a pin they had in tomorrowland, so we headed over to DL. We got to the top of the monorail ramp and monorail purple was stuck on the track. Since it was raining we decided to wait a few minates and see if it was going to make the trip to DTD. Monorail red was on the track, just outside of the monorail station. My daughter kept saying "look at those poor people staring out of the monorail windows...they're just stuck there" They did look pretty upset, but I told her that at least they were dry!! After about 10-15 min they announced they were sending the monorail through to DTD and then they didn't know when the next monorail trams would run...we decided to go ahead and head to ESPN zone. We arrived at 11:25, they opened at 11:30 and we were the first ones seated at a huge booth with a computer screen that controlled what we wanted to watch....lol my daughter kept changing the channel and for some reason it changed it on the huge screen in the middle every time she changed our screen!! We decided to get our own lunch instead of sharing, but that was a mistake!!! We each got a chicken sandwhich and a nice touch was that you could have a baked potato as your side....well about 5 hours later I ended up throwing the rest of our leftover sandwhiches away....it was good...but I think whitewater cafe was better...and it was less expensive...That baked potato was great though. We went upstairs to play games after we ate...lol loved the bowling game...but I only got a 99...sheesh.
It was still raining so we went to Build a Bear! My son in law is going to go into the army so my daughter made him a dog with an army uniform, dress shoes, socks and an american flag!! She named him Srgt. Rusty (after their puppy). I made a dog that matched for the baby. I dressed it in a downtown disney t-shirt and a baby blanket. I love the birth certificates...they're great!! Everyone in the shop was so nice, helpful and friendly. No easy feat with all the people in the shop due to the rain.
After that we went to World of Disney...oh my gosh...they had everything. It was fun to see some of the things that were available at the Disney character warehouse and see that the prices were exactly what they said they were!
By the time we finished in DTD the monorail was back up and we went back to disneyland, luckily the rain had stopped, since we had our build a dogs!! They were not heavy...but know what?? They sure helped with crowd control. People saw us coming with the big plastic bags and moved WAY out of our way...it was funny...kind of like parting the red sea.
We rode our way to NOS through autopia, Alice, Mr. Toads and BTRR. We got to NOS about 4:30 and my daughter wanted a break. She had a snack and talked via cell phone to her cousin and husband as we rested in NOS. It was still light and I was having fun people watching!!
We decided that since we were tired it would be a good night to watch Fantasmic. We hadn't seen the show for five years!!! I listened to everyone and we made our way to River Belle Terrace at 5:30. I got in line to buy dinner. It was pretty cool outside, so everyone was eating indoors. I had the chicken/rib platter....Lots of food....lol more wasted food....but I tried to eat it all. My daughter had....guess what??? The turkey sandwhich!! lol
We took our time eating and were debating whether we wanted to wait for Fantasmic. As we waited the balcony tables were filling up fast. We had the perfect table...two from the far end...it was getting colder...we were weakening...but my daughter decided to go shopping and to the bathroom, so I told her I would wait until she got back and we would decide what to do. Well she brought back mittens!! Navy blue with mickey heads on the top of them...lol we fit in the kids size so they were only $5 a pair...made all the difference between being warm enough or having to leave. A family came up five min. before the show started and asked to share our table....I felt bad about the people behind us in the other tables but told her sure... turns out her husband had a broken tail bone and could not wait on the ground, so I'm glad she asked me. Her kids were so well behaved and asked my daughter and I to see our build a doggies etc...nice time and a WONDERFUL place to watch Fantasmic...they turn off all the lights around the area and we had a perfect view...It was awesome...well worth waiting for!!! :D

Shortiemetoo
02-03-2005, 06:13 PM
Day 5 Saturday: Well we felt lazy this morning and didn't want to have a bagel so decided to go to Mimis for quiche. The food was great, the service was AWFUL. I never complain, but just felt like it was appropriate after such a good experience just two days before. The manager was so gracious. I just explained that we never received refills, catsup as requested for our potatoes, a box when requested and received the wrong amount of change, shorted by $10. There was also confusion as my daughter wanted fruit and potatoes with her quiche. It stated it came with both, our waiter said it came with one or the other. She ordered a side of fruit and then got fruit with her meal also....anyway....I politely told the manager that we had a great experience the first time but was disappointed this time and asked her to look for my travelers checks so she could get me the correct change for our bill....She came back and not only had my change but a $15 gift certificate. She asked for a chance to make it up to us. I told her that was completely unneccesary...she insisted....very sweet....I must say though that even with the problems with the service, the food was awesome!!!
After all this we went to the park, first disneyland, to pin trade, go to innoventions and ride a few tame rides. Then we went to DCA and watched the hula hoop contest, rode GRR in the sun, soarin over CA, I rode TOT and we wnet on the pier rides...I went on some of them alone as my daughter wasn't feeling real great!
What would a DL trip be without ice cream??? lol We had ice cream then went to watch Golden dreams. It was very moving...I really enjoyed it!
After that we went in the nature trail area....that was so nicely done. The effect is so much like a gangbuster place for kiddlins to play. There was one Mom who kept "losing" her son who was only 3....I was shocked that she expected the CM's to keep track of her child.....poor little guy would freak out after he ran away from her and realized he was lost. She would just meander around and didn't seem to care that she didn't know where he was. So sad :( Since we never really had lunch we decided to share a corn dog from Corn dog Castle...after hearing so many good things about them here. Man alive....it was awesome...and everyone that said they were so huge!!! You didn't lie!!! We shared one and couldn't finish it. It was so cute...a little girl walked up to me as we were sitting eating and she saw my bag of chips. She was 1 1/2 her mom said. She just reached in a grabbed one of my chips. It was so cute...her mom was mortified...but I told her that it was fine I was only going to eat one or two anyway. That little girl was so cute. She just kept walking up and taking a chip every minate or so...one time she dropped it and started crying so hard....then I gave her the bag and she was happy all over again...too cute!!!
We went on a few more rides in DCA, meandered around a bit and then decided to go back to the room and order dinner in before returning to the park.
We got chinese food again, (notice how accomodating I was to preggy cravings??? ;) ) We ordered from Chus Wok Inn. It was a bit pricey. The minimum delivery was $25 I think...We ordered chicken lettuce wraps...which was an appetizer, sesame chicken, wor won ton soup and steamed rice. Wow! This place was fantastic. As I said...a bit pricey...but wonderful!!! It was enough to feed us both with enough left over to feed three more people...except for the soup and we ran out of lettuce...but it was GREAT!
We rested awhile, went back to the park, watched ELP!! Then we went to DL and rode monorail and small world at night. It was great!!

Hakuna Makarla
02-03-2005, 06:17 PM
oh man I am crying at hearing your trip report, what a magical time!! Oh man I pray my trip is as wonderful as yours shortimemetoo!!
just wonderful, man you got me so excited about mytrip!!

Shortiemetoo
02-03-2005, 06:36 PM
Karla, we share so many things....our name...our daughters being named Rachel etc....I just read another post about where you are deciding to stay on your trip. I know your trip will be magical and full of all the fun stuff you want to see and do!!!! :D

rentayenta
02-03-2005, 06:52 PM
Awesome Shortie!! I love it! It sounds like you guys had a magical trip. I can feel the emotion in your words.

GeminiAngel
02-03-2005, 07:28 PM
AHHH, I see. (light bulb in head finally lights up). The only reason I mentioned it was because my O.B. freaked out when I went on vacation at 6 mon preggers to San Diego. So I was thinking Wow, how can she handle rides, when my ob freaked out on me just for going on a little beach trip.

Hakuna Makarla
02-04-2005, 05:04 AM
Karla, we share so many things....our name...our daughters being named Rachel etc....I just read another post about where you are deciding to stay on your trip. I know your trip will be magical and full of all the fun stuff you want to see and do!!!! :D

yep we sure do!! :D And I am so happy about you being a grandma! Its so cool and I am looking forward to those baby pics when the baby comes! soon she will have her ultra sound and they have the coolest pictures! I got them of both my grand kids in the womb and they are so neat! I even got one of Beau in the 7th month and he looks like he did when he was born,! he was pressed against her belly and the face was perfectly posed. Also They will be able to tell the sex in a few more months if he or she is turned just right, Heres wishing its a girl ( she wants a girl " :) ) I am just so thrilled for you!! oh and her LOL! Babies, what wonders. what blessings!!

Shortiemetoo
02-04-2005, 05:27 AM
Ahhh ty Karla!!! I can't wait!!! I have a nephew who is 3 mos old right now so we were busy scheeming the whole time about what outfits to dress them in when we bring them to DL at 3/4. I think it would be so cool if it is a girl because I can dress one as a princess and one as a prince!! Then they can go to the character meals and get their pics taken with all the characters!! I can't wait!! Your trip with your Rachel will be full of magic!!! I know you will have the most wonderful time Karla!!!
Rentayenta you are so sweet!!! This was a very emotional trip for us for many reasons....kind of you to notice!!!!
GeminiAngel, if we had had the choice we may have postponed the trip, but we took it very slow and my daughter only went on the rides she felt comfortable with. The rest of the time she waited with me in line and then skipped the ride (i.e. CA screamin). She was such a good sport!!!

Day 6 Sunday: Our last day :( :mad: lol. We went to the park after packing up our bags and having the yummy continental breakfast, and feeding the birds. The weather was so beautiful on Sunday. The best day weather wise of our trip. In fact it was the only day I didn't wear a coat...lol.
We had "last things we want to do" in our heads....
We started at Geat Moments with Mr. Lincoln. I was surprised because it wasn't great Moments anymore, but Road to Gettysburg. It was very cool. The headsets etc...but the CM there, Stephanie was awesome. I was talking to her and she said that Feb. this will close and in may it will open with a 50th presentation. After the 18 month 50th bday it will reopen as Mr. Lincoln, but she doesn't know if it will be the original show or the "new show". I think they should combine them....take the special effects...I really liked the hair cutting, it seemed so real, and then instead of going to see Lincoln in the white house have them to to the original show....to take pictures there....I can dream right? lol
I also asked about Walts desk that is at disneyland. They do not know if it will be back for the 50th but doubt it highly.
Lets see...after that we went on jungle cruise, autopia, went to innoventions and played!! Hit main street then headed to DCA. There we rode soarin and I rode TOT. By now it was lunch time. We had reservations at 1:30 for Blue Bayou, but it was only 12:30 and my daughter couldn't wait!!! We ended up going to Mimis for lunch and using our $15 coupon. Lunch/both service and food were excellent...the prices are so good and it was nice and relaxing. My daughter was tired, so we went back to the car and decided it was time to go.
We went back to character warehouse on the way out of town as she had a few people to buy for. I got a neat pin magnifier for only $1.99. I think they were $5 in the park...pretty darn cool!!! I also found Tigger shirts for my hubby, step son and myself...lol.
It was a magical trip and our trip home was awesome also...So many CM's went out of their way to make our trip special, explaining things and just being kind!! I got to trade for some fun pins, and since this will most likely be the last trip my daughter and I ever make to DL alone it has so many special memories!!!
Hope all of your trips are as fun and magical as mine was!!!!

P.S. For those of you who have never been, our dinner at Medievel times was quite an experience. I had never been there. It is a bit pricey, but I am very happy that we went as it was my daughters special request during our trip. We got there early and found out we were going to be in the green knights section...he was the "bad" knight....Well I got into the spirit right away. I mean why not...thats what makes it fun right??? Next to me was a boy about 10 or so. He was so quiet and looked so down in the dumps when the show started, but bye the time it was half way over and my daughter got given a flower by the green knight he was so into it that he was yelling louder than I was....lol. After the show was over his Mom said to me "I have never seen him have a such a good time here, thank you for getting him so excited". LOL...Was a magical experience...but now I can't wait for the pirate dinner theater to open!!! Woo hoo...wonder if it will be too much for a three and four year old??? lol

rentayenta
02-04-2005, 06:05 AM
Thank you so much Shortiee! Your report made me feel as if I was there with you. I loved all the details.

I haven't been to Medievel Times since we moved to Utah. What a nice memory you provided for that mom and child. I bet she is on her board chatting about you and your sweet DD :)

Shortiemetoo
02-04-2005, 06:36 AM
Rentayenta you are such a sweetie!!! I sure hope he enjoyed it as much as he seemed to!!!
I know you and your family will have a wonderful time no matter where you stay!!! I bet you and your DLH room mates will have a wonderful time!!! If you find you will have room for a rollaway, let me know!!!!

rentayenta
02-04-2005, 06:50 AM
Rentayenta you are such a sweetie!!! I sure hope he enjoyed it as much as he seemed to!!!
I know you and your family will have a wonderful time no matter where you stay!!! I bet you and your DLH room mates will have a wonderful time!!! If you find you will have room for a rollaway, let me know!!!!

Are you going to meet us in March? :D

nursemelis374
02-04-2005, 07:16 AM
Great TR! Glad you had such a great time and congrats to you and your daughter on the new baby!

I am a nurse and I actually just had a conversation with the head of OB/GYN at our hospital. He said that most pregnant moms are okay to go on the rides until about 4-5 months. He says it is different for each person though and you should check with your physician first. I do know a nurse though whose doctor told her not too. I told him and he said that both the other doctor and Disneyland are just trying to protect themselves in a lawsuit-ridden world!

Surfingstitch
02-04-2005, 07:58 AM
Are you going to meet us in March? :D

Can I sleep in the hallway?

Shortiemetoo
02-04-2005, 08:46 AM
Hey Rentayenta...I would love to meet you and join in in march. I'm not sure at this point if I can swing it.
Hi NurseMelis, I am an RN also and my daughter checked with her Dr. the day before we left. As she told her a lot of people don't even know they are pregnant yet so she could go without a problem. She just took it slow and didn't go on any rides she didn't feel she could handle!!!
Hey surfingstitch, the floor would get awfully hard wouldn't it?? Or am I just old...lol