PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone have pics of the concierge lounge at GC?

tlovesdis
02-02-2005, 07:10 AM
that they would be willing to share with me? We are staying there in October and would love to see what the Craftman's Lounge looks like.

Thanks!

Opus1guy
02-02-2005, 02:51 PM
tlovesdl questions:
Does anyone have pics of the concierge lounge at GC that they would be willing to share with me? We are staying there in October and would love to see what the Craftman's Lounge looks like.

How about some video of it shot today, just for you? And with a personal greeting to you from Concierge Christopher (though he says your handle as "tlovesdisneyland" in the video).

http://members.aol.com/opus1guy/uploads/gchconciergelounge.wmv

Talk about service! ;)

It's a Windows Media Player file of about 3.4mb. If you've got a broadband internet connection and are using Windows, just do a normal LEFT click on that link. If you've got dialup, it might be best to RIGHT CLICK it instead and select "Save Target As" and select a place to download it on your computer. Once it's finished downloading completely, play it from there.

Enjoy!

If you don't have the Windows Media Player on your computer (which most likely with some Mac owners), you can download it for free from these sites:

Free Windows Media Player - PCs (http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/9series/player.aspx)

Free Windows Media Player - Macs (http://www.microsoft.com/mac/otherproducts/otherproducts.aspx?pid=windowsmedia)

Surfingstitch
02-02-2005, 02:59 PM
Wow.

It looks awesome.

That was very nice of him to personalize the video.

CarlieB
02-02-2005, 03:13 PM
Cool - great clip! Thanks for posting:)

Walt'sbirthdaygirl
02-02-2005, 03:56 PM
that they would be willing to share with me? We are staying there in October and would love to see what the Craftman's Lounge looks like.

I'm so jealous you are staying concierge at the Grand! That's my disney dream.

NVMulan
02-02-2005, 06:37 PM
That was SOOOO nice you did that! Holy cow!

tlovesdis
02-02-2005, 08:08 PM
OPUS1GUY - Thank you soooooooooooooooo much! That was unbelievable! You are the best!!!!! I don't even know what to say!!!

I love these message boards! There are so many great people here to get great info from!!!

tlovesdis
02-02-2005, 08:12 PM

I'm so jealous you are staying concierge at the Grand! That's my disney dream.

It's one of my dreams too and my cousins and I are finally going to make it happen! I am so excited and this video just made it even more exciting! Opus1guy is the best!!!!!

disney jones
02-02-2005, 08:25 PM
wow opus!!! that had to be the best all time post at MP. too cool! :cool:

(now you know all your posts are going to be downhill from here, don't you?)

tlovesdis
02-02-2005, 08:58 PM
wow opus!!! that had to be the best all time post at MP. too cool! :cool:

I agree! That was the best post ever! I still can't get over it!!!!

rentayenta
02-02-2005, 09:11 PM
Amazing!

Opus, now can you do the same for me but with all of the desirable hotels near Disneyland so I decide where to stay :D

TIA ;)

Opus1guy
02-02-2005, 10:20 PM
tlovesdis writes:
OPUS1GUY - Thank you soooooooooooooooo much!

You're Very Welcome. :)

disney jones writes:

You're kidding, right? Most of my posts are downhill! ;)

rentayenta writes:
Opus, now can you do the same for me but with all of the desirable hotels near Disneyland so I decide where to stay

No offense, but...drop dead! ;)

CrazyTrain
02-03-2005, 06:32 AM
Ok, that was pretty darn cool! :cool:

Disney Vault
02-03-2005, 09:34 AM
That is a great little video. Thanks for sharing.

Surfingstitch
02-03-2005, 09:57 AM
No offense, but...drop dead! ;)

lmao

80S ERA
02-03-2005, 01:21 PM
Wow. Nice lounge -- right down to the cheerful (*coughexpensivecough*) music being piped in.

Questions on the balcony view shown:

Is the courtyard the only view from the lounge?
Is the view facing DL? If so, can you see the firework show from the balcony?

I was able to stay at the DL concierge 1 week after 9/11/01. The grand makes the DL hotel concierge seem like Motel 6!

Opus1guy
02-03-2005, 02:09 PM
Is the courtyard the only view from the lounge?

Is the view facing DL? If so, can you see the firework show from the balcony?

Hard to make out in that video, but you can see the Matterhorn off to the right, an in the distance in the middle of the screen, you get a sliver of the snowcapped San Gabriel Mountains. So yes...it faces Disneyland and yes you can see the fireworks nicely from there. But most of your "view" is of the Courtyard (which the Monorail passes through) and the sky above Disneyland. The only parts of Disneyland Park you can see are basically some tree tops and the Matterhorn.

Shortiemetoo
02-03-2005, 06:56 PM
Amazing!

Opus, now can you do the same for me but with all of the desirable hotels near Disneyland so I decide where to stay :D

TIA ;)
Actually Renta...that is an awesome idea though...bet you could make a fortune Opus!!!!! ;)

tlovesdis
02-04-2005, 08:13 AM
I was wondering if you know how many rooms are concierge at the Grand? We were just wondering if the Craftmans's Lounge gets super packed or if it is limited?

Thanks!

Disneynerd
02-04-2005, 10:39 AM
I have to jump on the Opus1-is-the-nicest-person-ever bandwagon! That was wonderful! :)

Opus1guy
02-04-2005, 11:06 AM
I was wondering if you know how many rooms are concierge at the Grand? We were just wondering if the Craftmans's Lounge gets super packed or if it is limited?

There's really no way to answer your second question regarding crowds in the Craftman's Lounge. It all depends on how many rooms are booked with Lounge privileges, and how many people are in each of those rooms when you happen to be staying there.

Some rough data though:

There are 25 rooms on the Concierge Level. However there are many other Suites on other floors that also offer Lounge access as part of their amenities, even though they aren't physically on that floor. Also, sometimes when the floor itself is booked full to capacity and someone calls to make a reservation on that floor, Reservations will sometimes be authorized to offer the guest a regular floor room, but still have Lounge privileges for an additional $$ upcharge per night.

So as you can see, it's really a case of "it all depends" on what loads and demands are like during your particular visit. And there's really no way for you to know that. Even if they've oversold Lounge access, you may not get big crowds simply because the hour you select to visit yourself may not be when most are. And some folks never even utilize the Lounge even though they have access.

But from personal experience at the Lounge...maybe four stays on that level and twice in a Suite on another floor with access priviledges...I've never found it overly packed. It's seems busiest in the mornings to me.

Pascomom
02-12-2005, 09:33 AM
My #*&!@ computer won't bring up the video! Any pics of GC conceirge out there? We will be there in April.

Family5LovesDisney
02-12-2005, 09:41 AM
tlovesdl questions:

How about some video of it shot today, just for you? And with a personal greeting to you from Concierge Christopher (though he says your handle as "tlovesdisneyland" in the video).

http://members.aol.com/opus1guy/uploads/gchconciergelounge.wmv

Talk about service! ;)

It's a Windows Media Player file of about 3.4mb. If you've got a broadband internet connection and are using Windows, just do a normal LEFT click on that link. If you've got dialup, it might be best to RIGHT CLICK it instead and select "Save Target As" and select a place to download it on your computer. Once it's finished downloading completely, play it from there.

Enjoy!

If you don't have the Windows Media Player on your computer (which most likely with some Mac owners), you can download it for free from these sites:

Free Windows Media Player - PCs (http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/9series/player.aspx)

Free Windows Media Player - Macs (http://www.microsoft.com/mac/otherproducts/otherproducts.aspx?pid=windowsmedia) Love the video. I didn't have to right click or left click. It just sent me right to Media Window's Player and I it started right away.