PDA

View Full Version : Made reservations

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

rentayenta
02-01-2005, 02:07 PM
at HoJos in case $ happens to be in issue this winter for our annual (well, now annual) trip. We are going from Dec. 16-22 and it seems so inexpensive. We got 6 nights with a theme park view with two queen beds...I am thinking that is alot of extra $ for goodies.

Any input on HoJos like what building is best, good rooms, just any advice in case we stay there? I have read and reread the reviews.

Any other hotel that's nearby that compares? I have read nothing but good stuff about HoJo.

I am sure I will wrestle back and forth for months :D

I have read mixed reviews on the Candy Cane Inn, Tropicana, BWPPI, and the Carousel.

Surfingstitch
02-01-2005, 02:21 PM
I think I might do BW PPI or AI as they are much closer to the park.

rentayenta
02-01-2005, 02:22 PM
I think I might do BW PPI or AI as they are much closer to the park.

AI? Tell me about BWPPI please.

Surfingstitch
02-01-2005, 02:30 PM
I stayed at Anaheim Inn last time I went down. The room was very spacious. The sink and mirror was outside of the bathroom.

It is the one behind denny's.

Sometimes there are discounts for multiple days on hoteldiscount.net

PPI I have not stayed at yet, but it is directly accross the street from the main enterance.

rentayenta
02-01-2005, 02:35 PM
I have read good and bad about the BWPPI. Good, location. Bad, cockroaches :eek:

I will check hoteldiscount.net

Thanks

Surfingstitch
02-01-2005, 02:58 PM
I got a four day rate for dec 15 - 19 for 380.00 at bw Anaheim inn

DangerMouse
02-01-2005, 03:05 PM
Renta, I'll be right there with ya on the wrestling back and forth for the next few months. I booked the HoJo for our trip in April and I keep seeing great reviews for both the Candy Cane and BWPPI. The only thing that I can see as a bad thing about the HoJo is the distance (which may not be as bad as I am thinking). One person in our party is getting their Park Hopper through AAA and will have free parking at the Mickey & Friends structure. I keep reminding myself that if the walk is too much, we can always drive and park in the structure. My kids love riding the tram to the park -- they think it's the first ride of the day! :D

Good luck with your wrestling! ;)

Hawaiian Cinderella
02-01-2005, 03:09 PM
we stayed at the fairfield inn once. i really liked it. however, we've been staying at the carousel the past two years...it's much closer to the crosswalk for my daughter and we love having the microwave that is in the room...however, i would much prefer the rooms at fairfield....seemed much nicer.

kohl
02-01-2005, 03:53 PM
We have stayed at PPI a few times. We have never had any problems there.
The continental breakfast is good. It's cereal, bagels toast, pastries, banana's, oranges and juice. (Could me missing some things) We would stay there if we couldn't stay on property. (So spoiled!)

Christiii
02-01-2005, 04:33 PM
The Hojo is the BEST!!! Renta..you wont be disapointed..I promise!
The rooms look just like the Disneyland hotel rooms!!
Email the hotel manager (email addys aew liste on the hotel website..I deal with Willie and he is the BEST!) and tell him that you are comming and want to make the most of your trip..etc..they are just the most helpful staff, and if you give them a heads up they will take GREAT care of ya!!
While we are there in March, (yes Im still coming with you guys, tho Ive been squeeezed out of a certain MA team...!!) lets run over and tour all the different rooms so you can get a real feel for da place!! :D
The walk is NOTHING...its closer than the walk from the main gates to the DL hotel..my mom is 78 and loves the walk...seriously..its nothing...especially if you stop at Mimi's..yuuuuum...the rooms we get have a fridge AND a microwave..which is great for Mimi's leftovers!

pisces
02-01-2005, 04:52 PM
Don't do it. Don't you dare. It's too early to be gettin comfortable with the idea of making do with less.

It's too early. You don't know what the rates will be. They could go down between now and then.

Do you have to have a theme park view?

I can't get my GC rates yet because AAA doesn't know this soon, although I can guestimate based on what GC says, and taking my own 10% off.....but still.

Don't settle for less. Don't shortchange yourself. It's not unheard of for rates to go down, and you are not going the week before New Years, which makes a big difference.

I'm gonna get absolutely killed. I'll be lucky if I make it to 4 days, but I refuse to even entertain the idea of going budget on the hotel. Food, maybe. But hotel is non-negotiable for me.

That being said, for me, Park Place seemed the most attractive because it is right near the Harbor Blvd entrance. According to my eyeballs, there was nothing closer than Park Place. And I liked the looks of Park Place, at least from an outside gaze.

But, I'm not even going to contemplate going the budget route, this early in the game, so forget I even brought it up.

rentayenta
02-01-2005, 05:00 PM
You guys are awesome! Danger, we will wrestle together.

Pisces, I knew what you would say and thought about that when I posted this :D

Christiii, you and Darkbeer are like the HoJo spokespeople; are you getting a kickback ;)

If we stay at the HoJo then I am definetly going to have a theme park view. Six nights for $500 is cheap!

Nothing is set in stone I am wanting to have a plan because you never know what will happen financially and that $1000 could make a difference.

Heck, I could win the Lotto and treat all my MP pals to Disneyland :D

Earkid
02-01-2005, 05:23 PM
Heck, I could win the Lotto and treat all my MP pals to Disneyland :D

Hi my dear friend Yenta *waving*. Have I told you lately how funny I think you are and what a dear person you are to every one.

The sucking noise isn't too loud is it? :D

rentayenta
02-01-2005, 05:30 PM
Hi my dear friend Yenta *waving*. Have I told you lately how funny I think you are and what a dear person you are to every one.

The sucking noise isn't too loud is it? :D

You are so invited Dr. Earkid :D

Emma
02-01-2005, 05:38 PM
Dude, Renta, The Candy Cane Inn is like the best good neighbor hotel around. ;)

I have stayed at the Carousel-- It was okay. Their pool sucks bigtime, and they have no hot tub. I stayed at teh BWPPI in 1999. It was old then, but clean. (This MAY NOT be the case now, I don't know)

My favorite hotel is the Coast Anaheim, but it's further away. I know the Tropicana just got refurbished, so it might be a little nicer now, but if I were you, out of the hotels you mentioned, I'd take the Candy Cane Inn if you can get it, and if you can't, I'd stay with Hojo's.

rentayenta
02-01-2005, 05:45 PM
[QUOTE=Emma]Dude, Renta, The Candy Cane Inn is like the best good neighbor hotel around. ;)

The Candy Cane over HoJo...cool. Let me check the rates. You best not be leading me down the path of destruction ;)

The Coast is further but they always have good deals. Right now they have afree night if you stay four.

Emma
02-01-2005, 05:49 PM
The Candy Cane over HoJo...cool. Let me check the rates. You best not be leading me down the path of destruction ;)

Would I do that to you? ;)

As for the Coast, I absolutely love that hotel. Have you ever stayed there? The rooms are the nicest, IMO, of anywhere other than the DL Hotel or the GCH. They have a nifty pool area too. :D

Edited to add: By the way, I don't think you're doing this too early-- DH and I just made our DLH reservations for September last week.

rentayenta
02-01-2005, 05:51 PM
Would I do that to you? ;)

As for the Coast, I absolutely love that hotel. Have you ever stayed there? The rooms are the nicest, IMO, of anywhere other than the DL Hotel or the GCH. They have a nifty pool area too. :D

Edited to add: By the way, I don't think you're doing this too early-- DH and I just made our DLH reservations for September last week.

I have only stayed at a hotel once during a Disneyland vacation and that was at the DLH. We usually stay with friends/family.

Last year when I was pricing them out The Coast had great deals. Do you have any pics you could send me?

Emma
02-01-2005, 05:55 PM
Last year when I was pricing them out The Coast had great deals. Do you have any pics you could send me?

Yeah.. I think I do. I'll dig them up tomorrow and scan them for you... It's really nice.

TrekkieDad
02-01-2005, 05:58 PM
I called this morning and got a $129 AP rate at the DLH, so I booked it and cancelled Hojo's. The DW will be happier with the DLH.

Earkid
02-01-2005, 06:03 PM
Good rate TrekkieDad! Vegas took a little too much $$$ out of us so it's the HoJo for us this trip. I like the HoJo tho.

rentayenta
02-01-2005, 06:28 PM
I just checked Expedia for my dates:

PPH $160 a night
DLH $205 a night
GCH $265 a night
The Coast Anaheim $267 a night :confused:

Emma
02-01-2005, 06:29 PM
The Coast Anaheim $267 a night :confused:

Weird... :confused:

There must be a convention-- That hotel is right next to the Convention Center.

Bummer.

Hakuna Makarla
02-01-2005, 06:31 PM
ok people, I do not know what PPI is or BW PPI AI or any other abreveation for a motel!
please for us slower folk use the name ok so we can glean good info here to. thanks

rentayenta
02-01-2005, 06:31 PM
Weird... :confused:

There must be a convention-- That hotel is right next to the Convention Center.

Bummer.

Totally :( But $160 seems decent for the PPH. I will have my DAP by then so there might a discount on top of that???

I'll keep looking!