PDA

View Full Version : Wow neat!

AlanaP
02-01-2005, 01:33 PM
I just recieved a scrapbook that my stepmonster made me 25 years ago, and while it was basically crap,(including the 4 page letter about what a rotten kid I was,) there were a couple GREAT things in it. One was a map/booklet thingy from our Disneyland trip in 1976! It has all the maps, ride descriptions, and tickes packages. very neat.The other was a picture of me, at 6, sitting right next to the Storybook whale. I mean RIGHT NEXT to it, on the rocks..before there were fences and gates and safety measures, I was totally thrilled.. I am a geek.

Rouxe1688
02-01-2005, 02:02 PM
That's awesome :). I love going to my grandma's house b/c she has hundreds of photos of my mom and my aunt at disneyland when they were kids, and she even has photos of DL being built during the first year it opened. I love old things, especially old disney things. I'm such a dork.

Stupid_American
02-01-2005, 02:22 PM
sitting right next to the Storybook whale. I mean RIGHT NEXT to it, on the rocks..before there were fences and gates and safety measures

Wasn't it great growing up in a world where you could actually go out and risk hurting yourself?!

AVP
02-01-2005, 03:01 PM
Wasn't it great growing up in a world where you could actually go out and risk hurting yourself?!I miss the days when they made toys that could kill you if you didn't read the directions.

AVP

Walt'sbirthdaygirl
02-01-2005, 03:23 PM
I just recieved a scrapbook that my stepmonster made me 25 years ago, and while it was basically crap,(including the 4 page letter about what a rotten kid I was,) there were a couple GREAT things in it. One was a map/booklet thingy from our Disneyland trip in 1976! It has all the maps, ride descriptions, and tickes packages. very neat.The other was a picture of me, at 6, sitting right next to the Storybook whale. I mean RIGHT NEXT to it, on the rocks..before there were fences and gates and safety measures, I was totally thrilled.. I am a geek.

That must have been a must have shot back then. I found a pic of my mom and I from 1969 or 70 and we are leaning up on the rocks.

Disneyfreak
02-01-2005, 09:46 PM
I found a newspaper dedicated to Disneyland's 25th anniversary in my grandparents garage. :)
LOL it had coming soon, Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. :fez:

drjones
02-02-2005, 09:12 AM
My Mom still Has old ticket books, maps, as well as pics of us on the skyway cars going through the matterhorn. I miss the disneyland of old. I also saw pics of the OLD fantasyland (carnival atmosphere rather than bavarian) and the old Tomorrowland.....