PDA

View Full Version : Fried Chicken?

Pages : [1] 2

jennyren
02-01-2005, 11:52 AM
I just got back from a day trip to DL with a friend a couple of days ago and she says that she remembers having the best fried chicken in Disneyland with her family a few years ago. I am rackin my brain and trying to figure out where she could have had this! Hungry Bear? River Belle? Any ideas? Thanks :fez:

disney jones
02-01-2005, 11:53 AM
my guess is River Belle Terrace

Wendi
02-01-2005, 11:56 AM
River Belle or French Market maybe???

TikiGeek
02-01-2005, 11:56 AM
The Plaza Inn has good fried chicken.

stan4d_steph
02-01-2005, 12:12 PM
My guess would be Plaza Inn. Their fried chicken dinner can feed 2 people.

Opus1guy
02-01-2005, 12:13 PM
and she says that she remembers having the best fried chicken in Disneyland with her family a few years ago.

Define "a few." Because the Plaza Pavilion restaurant used to be known as Disneyland's version of Knott's fried chicken dinner place. Personally I don't think it was ever as good as Knott's, but it was mighty tasty, that's for sure!

Plaza Inn started serving fried chicken a lot when Pavilion stopped serving food. So that's like a good bet for the answer. But River Belle might have served it too.

Christiii
02-01-2005, 12:16 PM
I think the chicken and mashed potatoes at the French Market is MUCH better than at the Plaza Inn..which I was really surprised at...I thought they would have the same exact receipe for both places...but it was VERY different...

ZenMickey
02-01-2005, 12:24 PM
I was going to say... you sure they weren't thinking of Knott's Berry Farm :D

MrsG
02-01-2005, 01:12 PM
I think the chicken and mashed potatoes at the French Market is MUCH better than at the Plaza Inn..which I was really surprised at...I thought they would have the same exact receipe for both places...but it was VERY different...
Gonna have to try the French Market's chicken now. Have never much cared for Plaza Inn's chicken. :eek:

jennyren
02-01-2005, 02:04 PM

Naw I know that she meant Disneyland....Weel I'll have to check everywhere out! We are planning to head down there Thursday night...I think I've got her addicted to Disneyland! :fez:

got2travel
02-01-2005, 02:30 PM
I used to make a special trip to Knott's just for the fried chicken. Then I tried it at the Plaza Inn and haven't been back to Knott's since (well not for the chicken anyway).

Christiii
02-01-2005, 02:48 PM
Gonna have to try the French Market's chicken now. Have never much cared for Plaza Inn's chicken. :eek:
okay..now Ill be really curious to see what you think..I dont know if I hit if on a really good nite or what but I was shocked about how yummy and different it was from the Plaza...anyone else notice a difference??

Surfingstitch
02-01-2005, 03:29 PM
Is it bad if I only like the skin on the chicken? I love it being crispy.

adriennek
02-01-2005, 03:46 PM
I have nothing to add because other people said French Market and Plaza Inn but I have to post because Doc graduated from LMU in 1991, our fathers both graduated from LU in the 60s, my mom got her masters there and we have lots of other connections all over the campus. That is all.

;) Adrienne

PhishyBrewer
02-01-2005, 04:13 PM
All these threads about food are making me hungry! :eek:

Opus1guy
02-01-2005, 04:20 PM
Pappy Parker Fried Chicken!

hbquikcomjamesl
02-01-2005, 04:54 PM
Well, if you go back far enough, there was also the Swift Chicken Plantation, only a short distance from where the HM is today.

But more to the point, I do vaguely remember chicken at both the French Market and the River Belle. And the Tomorrowland Terrace, too. (and Cosmic Ray's Starlight Cafe, in WDW-MK). But my hands-down favorite for Disney chicken has to be an all-white-meat chicken dinner at the Plaza Inn. (It's not advertised, and it's like about a buck more, but you end up with a pair of enormous, very juicy breasts [no, not THAT kind of enormous, very juicy breasts!] each of which could easily feed a family of 4 in certain third-world countries).

As far as Knott's chicken, yes, it is superb. I think the last time I was on-property at Knotts, though, the Knott family still owned the place. And it had already degraded to the point where the chicken was about the only thing worth going there for.

disney jones
02-01-2005, 05:17 PM
i've made a few trip to Knott's just for their chicken dinner too. that's exactly what i thought too when the post was first made (I wonder if she means Knott's).

there were a few Knott's restraurants around in the mid-'90s. i used to go to the one in Moreno Valley regularly while in school at UCR. it's gone now. I tried to go to it a few years ago, but some other restaurant had taken it's place. i remember crying out "Nooooo!" :crying:

I wonder why, since the food was great there. Does anyone else know if these restaurants are still around, or if the one you knew about is closed?

AVP
02-01-2005, 05:58 PM
there were a few Knott's restraurants around in the mid-'90s. i used to go to the one in Moreno Valley regularly while in school at UCR. it's gone now.I opened that mall, and remember the restaurant well! We ate there once, and decided never to return. Something about a fried bug.

AVP

jennyren
02-01-2005, 06:36 PM
Doc graduated from LMU in 1991, our fathers both graduated from LU in the 60s, my mom got her masters there and we have lots of other connections all over the campus. That is all.

;) Adrienne

Oh man that's awesome! I am a freshman at LMU! I'm originally from the bay area, but I wanted to come south for school. I wonder why? :rolleyes: I love being so close to Disneyland! Definitely a plus! haha but back on topic...i cant wait to check out this chicken on Thursday...definitely counting down! :D

I Heart Disneyland!
02-01-2005, 09:25 PM

Oh yeah, Mrs. Knott's Chicken Dinner Restaurant! THE best fried chicken!!! :D

Opus1guy
02-01-2005, 10:02 PM
Oh yeah, Mrs. Knott's Chicken Dinner Restaurant! THE best fried chicken!!!

Dating myself and slightly off-topic, but our family dined at the Chicken Diner Restaurant in the 50's and 60's when you'd often be greeted or served by Cordelia or Virginia Knott themselves.

Also, there was a time when they only had one item on the menu...the chicken dinner (there may have been one substitution available, if I recall). And they used to serve en mass, a room at a time. They filled a whole room all at once, and in came the fried chicken dinners. Served everyone at once. If you were sitting down, you got a chicken dinner! After everyone was done, they'd clean the room and do it again.

Some of you may not be aware that the Knott's Berry Farm theme park we know today, started off as a solution to entertain the guests in the ever increasing long lines for the famous chicken dinner. The Knotts wanted to give everyone waiting for dinner something to do! So they started adding amusements, like the pan for gold and such. And it just grew from there.

Still a great chicken dinner. I honestly don't think they've changed the recipe all these years. Just as good as ever. And man...did my Dad love that rhubarb! Can't say I was ever of fan of that!

CrazyTrain
02-02-2005, 08:17 AM
Oh man that's awesome! I am a freshman at LMU! I'm originally from the bay area, but I wanted to come south for school. I wonder why? :rolleyes: I love being so close to Disneyland! Definitely a plus! haha but back on topic...i cant wait to check out this chicken on Thursday...definitely counting down! :D

And I know someone named Jenny who attends LMU! She's not a freshman, though, and she's not from the Bay area so she's not you. ;)

AVP
02-02-2005, 08:41 AM
And they used to serve en mass, a room at a time. They filled a whole room all at once, and in came the fried chicken dinners. I remember that - I went to a wedding reception there when I was a kid. We were in a room with a whole bunch of unrelated people, and everyone was served at once. It seems to me that they still try to do that to a more limited degree - I know the last time we were there, our server had 4 other tables sit at the same time. In most restaurants that's a bad thing, but it works there.

AVP

Susan L
02-02-2005, 08:59 AM
The French Market in NOS.