PDA

View Full Version : It's Tough to Be a Bug Question

Poster_SF
02-01-2005, 10:12 AM
Hi,

I am planning a trip April 13-16. This website says "Its Tough to Be a Bug" will be down, but when I call DL, there is no info for CA Adventure....I don't get it? :confused:

stan4d_steph
02-01-2005, 10:20 AM
Yes, ITTBAB is scheduled to be down from April 11 - 23, but everything is subject to change. If it's essential that you see this attraction on your vacation, you might move it up earlier in April. Usually schedules drift later, not earlier.

spacemountain85
02-01-2005, 11:17 PM
I also have a question about ITTBAB, albeit an unrelated one. I really want to see this show, but I'm worried about the "stinger" effect I've read so much about. I have a crushed vertebrae that my family affectionately refers to as my "off button." Am I going to get poked in this rather delicate area? Can anybody help me out and tell me exactly when this part happens in the show, so that I can lean forward or something?

tod
02-02-2005, 01:36 AM
I also have a question about ITTBAB, albeit an unrelated one. I really want to see this show, but I'm worried about the "stinger" effect I've read so much about. I have a crushed vertebrae that my family affectionately refers to as my "off button." Am I going to get poked in this rather delicate area? Can anybody help me out and tell me exactly when this part happens in the show, so that I can lean forward or something?

This can ruin an effect, so it's concealed:

When a big cloud of mist is shot from a spray can into the theatre, lean forward.

--t

stan4d_steph
02-02-2005, 06:40 AM
You can do what Tod says. Also, you can sit toward the front of your seat, with your back away from the seatback. The last time I went to ITTBAB I did this and I didn't feel the stinger.

Wesley815
02-02-2005, 07:10 AM
...and be careful if you're taking young children on with you. Normally they will just run out of the theater screaming and crying.

Got to be one of the worst shows at Disney. People think it's for familes, and then kids end up getting so scared they hate it. I'm used to the effects now and know when to move/lean forward to not get poked by the hard stingers.

Of course that's 'just my opinion', so others may love the show.

got2travel
02-02-2005, 01:43 PM
I understand they've calmed down the stinger so it doesn't poke so hard. But after the first time, I NEVER lean back in my seat. So I don't know if it really has been softened or not.

Darkbeer
02-02-2005, 01:45 PM
I understand they've calmed down the stinger so it doesn't poke so hard. But after the first time, I NEVER lean back in my seat. So I don't know if it really has been softened or not.

I was talking to someone this weekend, and he said he got stung really hard. I think it is the luck of the draw, some seats sting harder than others, and also how you end up sitting is another factor.

hbquikcomjamesl
02-02-2005, 02:17 PM
I've done it ONCE. At AK. Haven't done the DCA version, though I understand it's nearly identical. Haven't had the inclination to do so. MuppetVision and HISTA are more my speed. And of course, PhilharMagic (think we'll ever get one of those here?)

calguy77
02-02-2005, 02:22 PM
And of course, PhilharMagic (think we'll ever get one of those here?)

I hope not, something new would be better

Hakuna Makarla
02-02-2005, 02:44 PM
I hope not, something new would be better

I loved ,loved ,loved its tought to be a bug!! I did not get poked, my daughter did and she said it was ok. It scared her but she went in 2 times. ( she would have gone more if she could ) we are looking forward to doing it all!!!!!

jenndisney
02-02-2005, 02:57 PM
My daughter (8 yr.) loves its Tough to be a Bug, but HATES :eek: HISTA. She reminds us weekly that she will not watch it. We just trade off for HISTA.