PDA

View Full Version : Beauty & the Beast themed something

sdfilmcritic
02-01-2005, 06:47 AM
Can't they please me with an attraction or show at the DLR with a Beuty and the Beast theme? All they had was the show at the Fantasyland Theater a long time ago.

stan4d_steph
02-01-2005, 07:11 AM
Have you been to the Beast's library in DCA's Animation Building? That's got a B&B theme.

rentayenta
02-01-2005, 07:12 AM
Have you been to the Beast's library in DCA's Animation Building? That's got a B&B theme.

And its awesome! If you haven't been there, its a must-see!

merlinjones
02-01-2005, 10:57 AM
You know the cotttage in the castle courtyard would make a good "Belle's Bookshop"

sdfilmcritic
02-01-2005, 11:20 PM
You know the cotttage in the castle courtyard would make a good "Belle's Bookshop"I like this idea!!! (I have been to Beast's library in the Animation Building and it just isn't enough.

animagusurreal
02-02-2005, 01:02 AM
I remember reading in Mouse Under Glass they were planning a kind of Tiki-Room-type B&B attraction with a live Belle and an audio animatronic beast (can't remember now, though, if it was for Disneyland, Disney World, or Disneyland Paris.)

They could do some kind of a "Beast's Castle" Ride - the vehicle could be that creepy walking carriage the Beast sends Maurice back to the village in.

Seems to me that all the latter-day Disney classics are a bit under-represented in DLR. A Lion King ride would be nice, too :)

nerdeus
02-02-2005, 10:46 AM
It is so true that all the Disney animated movies from 90s all under-represented! And now they're doing a whole slew of Pixar attractions! Totally not fair. Would LOVE a Beauty and the Beast or Lion King attraction! And Aladdin's Oasis just isn't enough from that movie!

olegc
02-02-2005, 11:06 AM
It is so true that all the Disney animated movies from 90s all under-represented! And now they're doing a whole slew of Pixar attractions! Totally not fair. Would LOVE a Beauty and the Beast or Lion King attraction! And Aladdin's Oasis just isn't enough from that movie!

um, excuse me, but there is the Aladdin show at DCA. Also, Ariel's Meet N greet, and Beauty and Beast show up in almost all events. Belle tends to be the one who does most of the stories in the Fantasyland store.
Aladdin's oasis WAS to be a dining experience, and then there is also Tarzan's treehouse. The only ones you REALLY don't see a lot of are hercules and meg, and hades (my favorite) except during some parades. There's just no logical place in the park for greek gods.

while I too would love all of the characters to have a spot - sometimes you can't just rip and replace. And - don't forget that the majority of these films came out during the Pressler era - so unless you want to build a restaurant or a shop then you can forget seeing your favorites.

Question - what about those that want to see the Atlantis characters? or treasure planet? where do you draw the line on "profitable" films to invest in projects that are supposed to be around for 20 years? That's the question.. and, sometimes, it's easier to retrofit new things into existing structures to freshen them up (the Cars film for next year and Autopia). Small investment and probably high return (visibility and identity with the film).

sdfilmcritic
02-02-2005, 10:59 PM
Also, Ariel's Meet N greet, and Beauty and Beast show up in almost all events. Belle tends to be the one who does most of the stories in the Fantasyland store.But that just good enough! Hmmph!

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
02-03-2005, 06:07 AM
I remember reading in Mouse Under Glass they were planning a kind of Tiki-Room-type B&B attraction with a live Belle and an audio animatronic beast (can't remember now, though, if it was for Disneyland, Disney World, or Disneyland Paris.)

Probably something great for Tokyo DL!

VickiC
02-03-2005, 06:28 AM
Meet and greets, shows, story telling, appearances in parades, none of these are not the same as a permanent attraction. Of the "recent" animated films I think Beauty and the Beast has had the most staying power and will be as beloved in 20 years or 50 years as any of the classics. I would love to see a BATB dark ride.

sdfilmcritic
02-03-2005, 06:28 AM
Probably something great for Tokyo DL! :( But I can't afford to go to Tokyo.

jerm
02-03-2005, 06:35 AM
Not that it helps any of us in the States, but in Paris, instead of Toon Town, they have Belle's Village.

sdfilmcritic
02-03-2005, 06:36 AM
Not that it helps any of us in the States, but in Paris, instead of Toon Town, they have Belle's Village.That makes sense. It is France, after all.

jerm
02-03-2005, 06:39 AM
That makes sense. It is France, after all.And the service never is second best ;)

sdfilmcritic
02-03-2005, 06:45 AM
And the service never is second best ;)That sounds like an invitation for me to break out into song. Tempting... Teemmmpptting. I'm placing my hand over my mouth.

jerm
02-03-2005, 06:52 AM
That sounds like an invitation for me to break out into song. Tempting... Teemmmpptting. I'm placing my hand over my mouth.If someone were to walk past my office, I could draw attention to myself.

cstephens
02-03-2005, 10:12 AM
Meet and greets, shows, story telling, appearances in parades, none of these are not the same as a permanent attraction. Of the "recent" animated films I think Beauty and the Beast has had the most staying power and will be as beloved in 20 years or 50 years as any of the classics. I would love to see a BATB dark ride.

But where would you put it? What would you take out instead? That's part of the problem for building new rides, especially dark rides. A B&TB dark ride would certainly fit right into Fantasyland, but then you'd have to figure out what it would replace.

olegc
02-03-2005, 10:24 AM
hmm - well, depends what's on the drawing board, but if you had a SMALL dark ride (like the ones currently there) maybe you could tear up the corner where the skyway station is and place a building there (and casey jr can drive thru a la DLRR and Splash Mtn). Or - what id you made it a moat (boat) ride past many animatronics (and covered it) over at the old motor boat cruise.

You're right, though, you can't just plop a building of good size anywhere you want. there has to be some sort of external tie in. Maybe take away some of Big Thunder Ranch and make it part. The only issue would be to change the cast member accesway (I think)...

But - I can hear it now. If it was a small dark ride "wow, how cheap they did it. With all of their technology, you;d think they'd spend the money" yadda yadda yadda. You can't have everything. As Rodney Dangerfield said when asked where to build - "How 'bout Fantasyland!" :fez: