PDA

View Full Version : Does anybody else miss Millionaire?

Pages : [1] 2

sdfilmcritic
02-01-2005, 06:31 AM
I miss it. The building was nice and cool inside and the show was very fun to interact and participate in. Does anyone else miss it?

nursemelis374
02-01-2005, 06:45 AM
Yeah, I miss it mainly because it was at least another fun thing to do in DCA. I think that if they put something really great in there though I will not miss it as much.

millionairegirl
02-01-2005, 06:45 AM
Oh, I miss it everytime I'm in DCA, and I walk by the empty soundstage. I miss it everytime I am asked a trivia question. I miss it everytime I see Jordan on that infomercial. Oh, I miss it alright.

It was truly a great interactive attraction that not only attracted a lot of Annual Passholders into DCA, but also entertained tons of tourists (and I know they were there). The CMs were great, and nearly always got me to giggle my head off.

It better be at MGM still this December. Sigh.

Hakuna Makarla
02-01-2005, 06:58 AM
oh man!! I told Rachal I was going to do this if I could this time!! man I did not know it was gone, so whats in its place or is going to be in its place?

SallySkellington
02-01-2005, 07:44 AM
I miss it, too. :crying:

The Lovely Mrs. tod
02-01-2005, 07:50 AM
Let's see...tod won the million, Little tod was on his way, he had seen 250,000 point questions, I've been to 500,000...

Yeah...we miss it.

-TLMt

rentayenta
02-01-2005, 07:51 AM
I never got the chance to play.

Karen256
02-01-2005, 07:54 AM
I too was disappointed to find that they closed Millionaire. I really enjoyed it last time we went. Even if they watered down the value of the prizes, I would still enjoy it.

KarenW2
02-01-2005, 01:32 PM
My hubby and I definitely miss Play It!! We think of it everytime we wear our polo shirts and hats!! His best was getting up to the 500,000 point question and missing it, mine was 125,000 and missing it. Oh well.

We also miss the great humor of Elise, Ken and Mark! Ken we've seen from time to time, as mayor of Frontierland in that series of skits, as the bellhop looking for "Mrs. Bush", carrying a rose plant that changed sizes all night long at the Tower of Terror special event, etc. We've seen Mark at ComedySportz in LA, tho not much lately, but we've wondered what has become of the lovely Elise. Has she "retired", to become a full-time mom?

We also miss the fun "behind the scenes" CM's who worked the show. They were a lot of fun too, coming up with trivia questions for ring-of-fire seats and all. Did anyone know Danny? He was the sweet kid with cancer who worked Play It and also the Hyperion. We wonder how he's doing health-wise these days.

Last time we were at DCA and I was wearing my polo, the CM working the Soarin' line said she missed the show too and thought they should've at least left it running until they had something new to replace it with. We agreed!

Christiii
02-01-2005, 02:20 PM
yea I really REALLY miss it!!
It was the main reason we went to DCA..my mom loved it and got in the Hot seat a few times...now we dont really have a huge urge to go over there...Millionaire was just such a great interactive game..vs a show or something that is exactly the same every time..I still cant believe they closed it!! We even were there one time when Reg himself hosted it..my mom is a big Regis fan..so that was really cool!!
Its funny, because one host (cant remember his name) always reminded me of a lame infommercial kinda guy and I was flipping channels the other day and voila!! there he was on an infommercial for a hand held steamer...too funny!! Its wasnt the balding, guy with the lisp..or the main guy...but he reminded me of the main guy...is that clear as mud?? Also, the main guy and the girl with the dark hair and glasses were dating..I saw them holding hands and kissing in DL..too funny...I always wondered why that girl didnt get contacts or lasik..you just dont see many hollywood hopefuls wearing glasses anymore...huh... :D

SCUBAbe
02-01-2005, 06:05 PM
no...I only saw it once and I was bored...

experiment626
02-01-2005, 07:59 PM
Nope went once for the experience but noone (in my party) was very interested in going again.

sambo
02-01-2005, 08:01 PM
Not one bit. Some folks love it, but I think it's as boring as watching golf on TV...

Wendi
02-01-2005, 08:30 PM
I thought I'd miss it, it was very enjoyable... but on our last trip, I didn't even think about it. There is still sooooo much more to do!!! I'm glad I didn't miss it.

Pammer
02-03-2005, 11:33 AM
Oh, I miss it everytime I'm in DCA, and I walk by the empty soundstage. I miss it everytime I am asked a trivia question. I miss it everytime I see Jordan on that infomercial. Oh, I miss it alright.

It was truly a great interactive attraction that not only attracted a lot of Annual Passholders into DCA, but also entertained tons of tourists (and I know they were there). The CMs were great, and nearly always got me to giggle my head off.

It better be at MGM still this December. Sigh.

Hubby and I loved playing this every time we visited...I guess it helped that we were pretty consistent in getting on the leader board. The time I made it into the hot seat was my wedding anniversary, so that made it extra special (I made it to the 250k point question and hubby made it to 32k once too). Jordan was my host...that's funny that he's on an infomercial, because I can just picture him doing one! :D

I also hope it will still be playing at WDW the next time we go, but since that's not until Fall 2006...who knows! Perhaps it helps that the syndicated version of the show with Meredith Viera is still playing...when it gets cancelled, watch out! :crying:

kflo
03-18-2005, 09:32 PM
how is everyone!!!
I also miss Millionaire!!! I loved that attraction with a passion...Well because I worked there!!! I am not sure if anyone of our regulars ever figured out who I was... I will now reveal myself since I no longer work for the company... I am the prize coordinator Karan... There were so many times I wanted to spill the beans on a lot of things, but couldn't because of me working for Disney! But I now can talk freely!!! I have been gone from DCA since Oct. and I work for Starbucks as an Assistant Manager!!!!
I keep in contact with Ellen and Jordan!!! Has anyone ever seen Jordan on the infomercial for the Restform inflatable bed!!! That one is hilarious!!! He gets more talktime on that informercial vs Scunci!!! When I watch the infomericals they crack me up all the time!!!
But I too miss Millionaire!!! That was one main reason why I stayed at DCA as long as I did... I told my close friends at work that the day Millionaire closes up I will be looking for a better job! I left 2months to the day after Millionaire closed on Aug 20th...
I'll talk to you all laters!!! feel free to drop a note! :cool:

SCUBAbe
03-18-2005, 10:18 PM
nope. I saw it once. it was one of the dullest shows I have seen at DL. I was bored all the way through it.
edited to add....opps I alreday posted to this once. *blonde moment*, but my opinion is consistant...LOL

DisneyDustin22
03-18-2005, 10:21 PM
they could really utilize that space and make a decent dark ride. or a monorail station. does anyone else think there should be one in DCA?

SCUBAbe
03-18-2005, 10:26 PM
they could really utilize that space and make a decent dark ride. or a monorail station. does anyone else think there should be one in DCA?

yes, the monorail should stop in DCA. they could have a ticket booth when people exit and if they do not have the hopper or AP send them right back on the monorail...:)

uvsc_wolverine
03-18-2005, 11:03 PM
I actually have a really funny story about getting in the hot seat. I've only been to the show once. I actually ended up in the ring of fire. There was a guy next to me that was seriously stretching and limbering up his fingers so that he could get the fastest fingers question. The question was something like "List, in order, the first four cities where the MTV series 'The Real World' was filmed." I have never seen that show. I also noticed that my initials are on the keypad (DCA). So, I figured, what the heck? As soon as we could go, I typed in my initials followed by 'b', and I got in the hot seat with a time of 2.3 seconds. The guy next to me couldn't believe it. I even admitted what I'd done into the microphone (that got a good laugh). I got all the way to the 500,000 point question and I got it wrong - I almost won a cruise...<sigh>

KarenW2
03-19-2005, 12:17 AM
Nice to see you're still alive & kickin'! Love that Chantico at Starbucks!! My hubby, Barry and I visited with you many times, in our visits to Play It!, both in the prize trailer and on the fastpass line. We thought you and Jarod were the most fun of the CMs working the place and have definitely missed it a lot! We sent you copies of the photos my hubby took the last day we were there. Is Jarod still there?

Yes, I saw Jordan on that infomercial, way back when it first started. I heard his voice when I was in another room and couldn't believe it when I came into the family room and saw him on TV! It was pretty hilarious. Hopefully, he's gotten a better job than that now!

What's Ellen doing? We really enjoyed her as a host too. Any news on Danny, the kid with cancer who was working Tower or Hyperion last we heard?

So glad you identified yourself. Feel free to PM me if you like!

PsychDoc
03-19-2005, 07:04 AM
Yes, yes, yes, my 11 year old and I miss it tremendously. We even took a last minute trip last summer to go to one of the last shows. I try not to think about it too much; makes me sad and mad. Why does DL do that??? Tear out/down great stuff -- Millionare, Bear Country Jamboree, Big Thunder BBQ??!!! But, just like your parents; no matter what they do, you will always go back to visit and love them.

Disney Vault
03-19-2005, 09:47 AM
I heard in a couple years there will be something new in that building. But they can't put a ride or monorail station there because that building "belongs" to the entertainment department so they are the ones who get to put something in there.

Drince88
03-19-2005, 10:40 AM
I heard in a couple years there will be something new in that building. But they can't put a ride or monorail station there because that building "belongs" to the entertainment department so they are the ones who get to put something in there.
Well, it'd be nice if they'd figure out what they were going to do with the space BEFORE they closed the attraction. :rolleyes: Was the Millionaire closure pre or post Matt?

SCUBAbe
03-19-2005, 10:42 AM
Well, it'd be nice if they'd figure out what they were going to do with the space BEFORE they closed the attraction. :rolleyes: Was the Millionaire closure pre or post Matt?

I think millinarw was sold to another channel. ABC may not have the rights to it anymore so they may have needed to cloe it...of course I'm just specualating. I never wathced the show on ABC, but I saw it while channel surfing on Channel 9 or 11 I think.