PDA

View Full Version : If you could only splurge on one thing...

Pages : [1] 2 3

JosieGirl71
01-31-2005, 07:40 PM
what would it be???

We want to stay 5 nights at DLR and we really want to stay at DLH (GCH is out of the question budget-wise) but 5 nights at DLH with 5 day PH's is almost $1,600 for me and DH alone. That doesn't even include airfare.

rentayenta
01-31-2005, 07:41 PM
We did it last year when we stayed at the DLH for 6 nights/7 days over Christmas. It was worth every penny from the tree to the VP services. Money well spent :D

Emma
01-31-2005, 07:48 PM
If you can afford to splurge on the Hotel, DLH is DEFINETLY worth it.

It's usually the thing we splurge on, if we're going to splurge.

I'm starting to feel like I've said splurge too much... :rolleyes:

rentayenta
01-31-2005, 07:50 PM
^^^ you are making me want to splurge up my dinner ;)

Surfingstitch
01-31-2005, 07:51 PM
BLAH

Faith Trust & Pixie Dust
01-31-2005, 07:52 PM
We just stayed at the GC this weekend--got the AP rate and drove down from NorCal so no $ for airfare. My DH surprised me and bought my favorite "splurge" at the GC--their wonderful robes! He even brought it to a shop on Main Street to have my name monogrammed on it. I never would have bought the robe myself, but DH probably got sick of me saying "don't you LOVE these robes? I wish I had one!" A big splurge, but well worth it. My other favorite splurge is dinner at Napa Rose...I've only done it once but it was wonderful.

NVMulan
01-31-2005, 07:54 PM
I would splurge on the hotel. I agree.

SCUBAbe
01-31-2005, 08:15 PM
a digital SLR..canon D..:)..oos I scanned ummm...I would stay at a hotel across the street and splurge in the parks..:)

JosieGirl71
01-31-2005, 08:26 PM
a digital SLR..canon D..:)..oos I scanned ummm...I would stay at a hotel across the street and splurge in the parks..:)
Just when Renta and Emma had me convinced to splurge on DLH, you had to be the voice of reason! Hmmm, never though about spluring on another digital camera... :D

Emma
01-31-2005, 08:28 PM
Just when Renta and Emma had me convinced to splurge on DLH, you had to be the voice of reason! Hmmm, never though about spluring on another digital camera... :D

Yes, but you need something really cool to take pictures of...

Like Mickey Mouse Hand shaped lamp holders and Sleeping Beauty's Castle headboards. :fez:

SCUBAbe
01-31-2005, 08:33 PM
Yes, but you need something really cool to take pictures of...

Like Mickey Mouse Hand shaped lamp holders and Sleeping Beauty's Castle headboards. :fez:

you're kidding ...right? that alone would make me want to stay somewhere else. Although the glow in the dark stars sound cool, bit not $200.00 a night cool...:)

seriously, I though the PPH lamps were over the top...LOL..I did enjoy the GCH. The decor wasn't so in your face disney. Yes, I know it DL, but I don't need it in my face 24/7 ...LOL

Emma
01-31-2005, 08:35 PM
you're kidding ...right? that alone would make me want to stay somewhere else. Although the glow in the dark stars sound cool, bit not $200.00 a night cool...:)

Nope, not kidding.

The Disneyland Hotel is magical. :)

PhishyBrewer
01-31-2005, 08:35 PM
BREAKFAST, LUNCH, DINNER & COCKTAILS @ CLUB 33!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cool:

HorizonsA
01-31-2005, 09:29 PM
I've yet to stay in the Grand Californian but there's something about the Disneyland Hotel that makes you really feel at Disneyland. Once you step through those doors, you know you are in Disney.

rentayenta
02-01-2005, 06:04 AM
Nope, not kidding.

The Disneyland Hotel is magical. :)

Ditto! Pure magic. The Pixie Dust lights up too :D

sdfilmcritic
02-01-2005, 06:08 AM
Home Theater System (sound proof room and all).

stan4d_steph
02-01-2005, 06:20 AM
Home Theater System (sound proof room and all).Psst... we're in the DL forum...

I would splurge on a stay at the GCH complete with spa treatments and a wonderful dinner with friends at the Napa Rose. :)

sdfilmcritic
02-01-2005, 06:24 AM
Psst... we're in the DL forum...Oops.
If I could splurge on a DLR vacation I would get rooms for my whole family (immediate family, cousins, uncles, aunts, grandparents) at GCH for a week with all expenses paid and admission prices paid for. If I can remember correctly there are about 55 to 60 of us.

CoasterChickie
02-01-2005, 06:51 AM
A splurge for me would be flying versus driving (1 hour versus 8 hours). But I can never bring myself to spend $1200 on flying our family of 6 down there since it's only about $40 to drive each way. Plus, we enjoy road trips. We used to always take Hwy 5 till we found out tht taking Hwy 101 takes about the same time and is a way prettier drive.

pisces
02-01-2005, 06:56 AM
"The decor wasn't so in your face disney. Yes, I know it DL, but I don't need it in my face 24/7 "

I don't find anywhere on the resort to be "in your face".

$1600 for the Disneyland Hotel for 5 nights? That sounds like it could translate to 4 nights at the GC if you get a good discount on the hotel rate from AAA, provided you go off-season.

You have to realize, it's going to be expensive no matter where you stay. Every hotel/motel in Anaheim charges a 15% bed tax no matter how you slice it-----that's what drives prices up.

That being said, you can make sure you take your own food. Lots of flip-top cans, cerial boxes, flip-top soup, flip-top pasta, granola, those little juice cartons, fruit etc....load up a big suitcase with nothing but snacks and flip top cans.

Spend nothing on food and you could do it.

CrazyTrain
02-01-2005, 07:43 AM
Any of the hotels would be a great splurge for me!
Living so close, there's no reason to stay at the resort!
Maybe someday. :p

Stupid_American
02-01-2005, 08:10 AM
I always splurge whenever and wherever I'm on holiday.
I've seen so many vacationers miserable because of their penny pinching.

mad4mky
02-01-2005, 08:45 AM
I always splurge whenever and wherever I'm on holiday.
I've seen so many vacationers miserable because of their penny pinching.

Maybe they 'penny pinch'...because when they get home, they still have bills to pay...like mortgage, or rent, heating bills, gas bills, insurance...

That stuff just doesn't go away because you are in vacation... :(

JosieGirl71
02-01-2005, 09:22 AM
$1600 for the Disneyland Hotel for 5 nights? That sounds like it could translate to 4 nights at the GC if you get a good discount on the hotel rate from AAA, provided you go off-season.
Is AAA really that much cheaper? If it is, I might consider joining. ;)

tlovesdis
02-01-2005, 09:30 AM
A splurge for me would be flying versus driving (1 hour versus 8 hours). But I can never bring myself to spend $1200 on flying our family of 6 down there since it's only about $40 to drive each way. Plus, we enjoy road trips. We used to always take Hwy 5 till we found out tht taking Hwy 101 takes about the same time and is a way prettier drive.

Where are you? Oakland to Long Beach on Jet Blue is $39 each way. Total of $96 a ticket!