PDA

View Full Version : Upgrading a 5 day pass to a yearly pass...

atalmi
01-31-2005, 11:59 AM
My understanding is that if after buying a multi-day pass you want to upgrade to a yearly pass, you can do so before it expires and transfer the value of that pass towards the yearly pass (obviously, correct me if I'm mistaken). My question is: 1) do you get the full value of the multi-day pass; 2) does it matter where you purchased the pass - i.e. AAA, disneyland, Safeway, etc.? 3) can you upgrade after you use the last day on the pass? Thanks in advance.

disney jones
01-31-2005, 12:10 PM
yes
no
no
:)

experiment626
01-31-2005, 12:36 PM
You will get the full value of the pass and must upgrade to one that cost more. You can upgrade anytime up until park close on the last day of use. Once you walk out after close you can no longer upgrade.

Darkbeer
02-01-2005, 11:48 AM
And Full Value is what you paid for the ParkHopper, For example a 5 day ParkHopper, you buy it in advance for $139, you will get a $139 credit towards an AP. You do NOT get the full main gate price of $209. (aka it is the price you paid for it, not what it's worth).

Lekta
02-01-2005, 10:35 PM
Thank you for asking that question, I had the EXACT question in my mind, was just too lazy to type it!

experiment626
02-02-2005, 06:53 AM
And Full Value is what you paid for the ParkHopper
Or if you purchased a package the "value" that they put to the price of the ParkHopper. Never having purchased a package I do not know what they value the park hopper at. If it is prepurchase price or some other (likely lower) value.

Darkbeer
02-02-2005, 11:22 AM
Or if you purchased a package the "value" that they put to the price of the ParkHopper. Never having purchased a package I do not know what they value the park hopper at. If it is prepurchase price or some other (likely lower) value.

As far as I understand, it is the same as the Disneyland.com discounted price (Packages are sold by Walt Disney Travel Compnay, even if you buy them from AAA or your travel agent). One thing to pay attention to, if you are taking part of the Get a Kids free ticket, that will be the value for the kids ticket, zero...

hefferdude
02-02-2005, 11:52 AM
I let my Dlx AP expire in Sept 04 as I would not be getting to DL until Nov 26-28 '04. Wasn't sure about purchasing another AP so I purchased a AAA special ticket package - 5 day flex for only $129 - came with a $10 ESPN Zone Card and a coupon book. This way I also avoided the blocked non-Prem AP days. Decided to upgrade on my third day. Paid $20 more. ( Total $149 ). My new AP was backdated to my first day of my flex use. It was great as I had the option to upgrade or not and not have to pay the extra $30/day of a non-premium AP during TG weekend.

Edit - Just read that ACSC is no longer offering the 5 day. Serious shame. It was a great deal however short lived.

Colin
02-02-2005, 02:32 PM
Wow! You guys get a wicked deal over there, in Paris they will only EVER deduct the value of a 1 day park hopper from your annual pass, so if you decide you want an AP after buying a 3 day hopper, out of your €108 only €49 will be deducted from the cost of an AP!

Back onto the topic of this board, I think if this is the way it works, when I visit I might buy a park hopper ticket and upgrade it to an annual pass, because I am wanting to go into the park on at least one saturday, and the Deluxe annual pass has All Saturdays blocked out in June when I visit. So am I right in thinking, if I buy a 3 day park hopper for $139, use that on a Friday, Saturday and Sunday, on the Sunday upgrade to a Deluxe pass, I would only have to pay $70?

I hope thats right, if so its what I am doing :)

Thanks in advance for help :)

C°o°lin

Darkbeer
02-02-2005, 02:37 PM
Wow! You guys get a wicked deal over there, in Paris they will only EVER deduct the value of a 1 day park hopper from your annual pass, so if you decide you want an AP after buying a 3 day hopper, out of your €108 only €49 will be deducted from the cost of an AP!

Back onto the topic of this board, I think if this is the way it works, when I visit I might buy a park hopper ticket and upgrade it to an annual pass, because I am wanting to go into the park on at least one saturday, and the Deluxe annual pass has All Saturdays blocked out in June when I visit. So am I right in thinking, if I buy a 3 day park hopper for $109, use that on a Friday, Saturday and Sunday, on the Sunday upgrade to a Deluxe pass, I would only have to pay $100?

I hope thats right, if so its what I am doing :)

Thanks in advance for help :)

C°o°lin

Yep, based on today's prices, get the 3 day ParkHopper, avoid the Blockout days, get the Early Entry and the ESPN Zone card, then upgrade to the AP for the difference...

Nice deal, eh?

Colin
02-02-2005, 02:43 PM
LOL I noticed the dates the prices ended and updated my post, but other that, thats wicked :)

vegasmommytoDL
02-04-2005, 06:05 PM
If I have 3 people with me (2 adults and 1 child) but only 1 adult and 1 child want to upgrade to the AP... can I use the 2 Adult tickets? I guess what I mean is.. are the adult and child AP's "different" or is an AP and AP and I can just redeem the 2 adult tickets, they give me 2 vouchers and I exchange them?

We bought 6 day AAA tickets. So the value is $179/$149

experiment626
02-04-2005, 06:25 PM
IF the one adult and one child want to upgrade then you will have to use one adult and one child hopper. The child will have to be present at the time you upgrade. They will not give you vouchers you will pay the difference and get the AP right them and there.