PDA

View Full Version : What happens May 5th?

Mommy2NicknMax
01-31-2005, 10:56 AM
I'm playing with the idea of coming down May 4th - May 6th. I know it's the kickoff for the 50th but does anyone know what is happening that day? I've tried to do a search here but I can't sift through that many posts, sorry!

millionairegirl
01-31-2005, 11:41 AM
Mostly it's a surprise.

I suspect that Disneyland will host a huge media event kicking off the 50th celebration (since it's a Thursday everybody will see it on the news). The new fireworks show will definitely debut and probably the new parade also. Buzz Lightyear will be opened, but probably not Space Mountain. Also the decorations that they couldn't set up overnight will be up, so expect a very crowded Disneyland on May 5th!

Mommy2NicknMax
01-31-2005, 11:46 AM
Thanks for the reply. I was wondering if the fireworks and parade would start that day or in July. Sounds like fun either way. :)

Darkbeer
02-01-2005, 11:43 AM
Don't expect the Fireworks to be daily in May, but you can expect them on the weekends. But you will more than likely see them May 5th, and if you hang out outside the park, May 4th also.

brerbear77
02-01-2005, 01:42 PM
Don't forget that Disneyland is closed on May 4th. Just wanted to remind you so you don't show up there and are disappointed, that would be the worst! Let us know how it is if you go!!1 :cool:

sediment
02-01-2005, 02:32 PM
Actually, I bet something real cool is happening on May 4. Some kind of media junket, closed to the public.