PDA

View Full Version : DCA had a crowd and it felt good!

Doodle Duck
01-31-2005, 07:26 AM
Maybe it was the down time at DL but Sunday there was a slew of folks at DCA...even the Zephyr had a steady flow of full Rockets.
The park changes so much when there are people there! Talked to various folks and they were Tourists not APs and having a good time. All were amazed that us SoCals get in Free...thus my contention that DCA is the best Free Park on the planet. :-) No complaints from me on that!

Music lovers...there is a new-ish band on the trailer hauled around the park...Surf Riders(?) or Beach All-Stars or somesuch...They do Surf stuff . Tip: Get near the drummer and watch this guy work! Incredible drummer! It was as exciting as standing under the Fireworks...especially on Barbara Anne...

Doug

TikiGeek
01-31-2005, 07:49 AM
I think the Mickey statues are a great draw for DCA. When we where there last week there were always small crowds around them.

jennyren
01-31-2005, 11:06 AM
. All were amazed that us SoCals get in Free...thus my contention that DCA is the best Free Park on the planet. :-) No complaints from me on that!

What do you mean SoCals get in free? :confused: I've never heard anything like that? Have I missed something? :eek:

Wesley815
01-31-2005, 11:17 AM
What do you mean SoCals get in free? :confused: I've never heard anything like that? Have I missed something? :eek:If you buy a ticket for $53, you get in free. ;)

hehe... it's the normal "2fer" deal, where you get into both parks for the price of one if you live in a southern CA zip code area.

sediment
01-31-2005, 12:26 PM
I think the Mickey statues are a great draw for DCA. When we where there last week there were always small crowds around them.
A great use of distraction.

Baloo
01-31-2005, 01:28 PM
Dca has been getting quite a crowd for the last couple months. I have been heading to the park every Sunday and have seen crowds that really liven up the place. Since the debut of the Mickeys the crowds have picked up even more. I also noticed quite a lot of tourist especially lots of young Asian tourist having a blast. I hope the momentum continues throughout the year

Doodle Duck
01-31-2005, 02:23 PM
"What do you mean SoCals get in free?"

We buy the So Cal annual pass for Disneyland...you get both parks for the price of one pass...in effect: DCA Free to SoCal...or anyone who buys a pass but the SoCal pass is so cheap it pays to live here. Well...it pays to live here for many other reasons but that's a good one on its own. :-)

Doug

Faith Trust & Pixie Dust
01-31-2005, 07:45 PM
We were at DCA on Friday night and Saturday and it was great! They were taping a concert for the Disney channel with Raven and some other acts I don't know (my girls are all younger). The taping was supposed to continue on Sunday, so I bet a lot of people wanted to catch the filming (especially young fans of the Cheetah girls and Christy Carlson Romano/Kim Possible). The Surf Riders were a lot of fun--my girls LOVED them! They had a bunch of hoola hoops and tambourines for the kids to use while the band was playing. When they played "Wipeout" they brought a (snare?) drum down and invited kids to come up and play the drum solo part. They asked each chile their name, age and where they were from and then introduced the child to the crowd. I was surprised when my 5 year old daughter got in line, and she played the drum like a maniac! It was a nice vibe, close to the fountain and entrance of the park. My best experience at DCA.

SoCalDude
01-31-2005, 09:03 PM
Here in SD there are MANY radio stations giving away tickets to DCA like crazy. Like 4 tickets per hour. And AFIK they are only good while the 75 promotion is going on, and they are only good for DCA.

So that mayyyyyyy have something to do with it.