PDA

View Full Version : The best food deal in Disney

Pages : [1] 2

calguy77
01-30-2005, 12:16 PM
I know this was posted before, but I finally checked it out. Tortilla Joes take out window has the cheapest and best value for food at Disney. I went and got an order of there pork(carnitas) tacos last week and my gosh. These tacos were filled with so much meat I had to take some out to eat the taco. You get two tacos per order and they around 3.50 per order, everything else is in the $5.00 range. Nachos were great, my mom loved them. I couldn't believe what a bargain it was, but besides that the quality and taste was great. I highly recommend that if you want a quick delicious tasty meal, go to tortilla joes take out window. They have a small area to eat in, but also its great to take back to your room. The sit down restaurant is over priced for what you get. Stick to the take out window.

stinkerbell
01-30-2005, 12:22 PM
Gosh, I wish I would have known that when we were there!

I think a great value is Whitewater Snacks inside the Grand Californian. Tasty, freshly made meals that are huge portions, and chocolate covered strawberries. Mmmmmm!!!

MrsG
01-30-2005, 12:38 PM
Tortilla Joes take out window has the cheapest and best value for food at Disney.
I thought they were pretty tasty too until I bit into that bone!

Hakuna Makarla
01-30-2005, 12:41 PM
Mrs G where you going to be working so I can be sure to stop by and see you?? I do not want to miss meeting you!

rentayenta
01-30-2005, 12:44 PM
I like WWS too.

If you are will to share meals there are deals to be found all over the parks. For our family of 5, we got three entress at The French Market and all 3 came with salads. We spent just over $30 and had way too much food. It costs us the same as it does to go out when are home and there is no Disney magic around here :D

MrsG
01-30-2005, 12:45 PM
Mrs G where you going to be working so I can be sure to stop by and see you?? I do not want to miss meeting you!
I'll be in the west side of DL but I won't find out the exact place for 2 weeks when I have my orientation (I sign my paperwork this Tuesday). Don't worry; I'll let you all know!

WITron
02-18-2005, 02:47 AM
The one place that I felt was not a food deal was Redd Rocket's. My wife and I ate there when we went in April, last year and wanted some pizza. The price for it was outrageous and wasn't that great.

justlittleoldme
02-18-2005, 08:41 AM
The one place that I felt was not a food deal was Redd Rocket's. My wife and I ate there when we went in April, last year and wanted some pizza. The price for it was outrageous and wasn't that great.

If you are looking for Pizza, I like Daisey's Diner in the back of Toontown. They have good pizza and comes with a salad for $5.25. It's probably a little bit more pizza then you get at rocket rods. My 4yr old and 18month old (if they hadn't been sleeping at the time) could have shared one pizza easily, while I ate the salad. They also had foot long hotdogs (I believe 5.25 also, but I don't remember), and the kids meal thing came with two mini dogs, bag of chips or baby carrots and a small drink. It also came in a lunchbox looking thing.

Lani
02-18-2005, 09:13 AM
We ate at the counter service window for the first time last weekend. I ordered a Mexicone and it was quite filling!

Darkbeer
02-18-2005, 09:20 AM
Another good deal at DtD is Wetzel's Pretzels....

You can get a Wetzel Dog (a hot dog with a "pretzel" bun) and a soda for around $5, with the 20% AP discount (any AP works, even SoCal's).

Great for lunch or a big snack.

Mommy2NicknMax
02-18-2005, 09:25 AM
Great thread! I needed some ideas for places to eat.

yellowrosedtxn
02-18-2005, 09:25 AM
Another good deal at DtD is Wetzel's Pretzels....

You can get a Wetzel Dog (a hot dog with a "pretzel" bun) and a soda for around $5, with the 20% AP discount (any AP works, even SoCal's).

Great for lunch or a big snack.

I am making notes for where to take the kids for lunches and stuff. Thanks for helping me out!!!!

Andrew
02-18-2005, 09:27 AM
We ate at the counter service window for the first time last weekend. I ordered a Mexicone and it was quite filling!
That Mexicone is great. Two people can share one with a side of chips and come away quite full.

Earkid
02-18-2005, 09:32 AM
Redd Rocket's Pizza Port (who the heck is Redd Rocket anyway?)!!
1) stay away from their pizza and garlic bread, very cardboard-y
2) the pasta's are yummy and filling, DH and I share one order of the fusilli and it always fills us up.
3) I'm not a salad eater but have been told by family that the salads are great too.

Earkid
02-18-2005, 09:33 AM
That Mexicone is great. Two people can share one with a side of chips and come away quite full.

What's in a Mexicone?

yellowrosedtxn
02-18-2005, 09:34 AM
I have a question. Has anyone ever gotten the food vouchers that you can purchase (like the 6 day ones) and is it worth the price? I am thinking about getting 3 adult/junior ones and 2 child ones for 6 days. I am just not sure how to use these things though or if they are worth it.

Earkid
02-18-2005, 09:41 AM
I have a question. Has anyone ever gotten the food vouchers that you can purchase (like the 6 day ones) and is it worth the price? I am thinking about getting 3 adult/junior ones and 2 child ones for 6 days. I am just not sure how to use these things though or if they are worth it.

We had a big discussion about this many months ago. I have used them and they were doing a special deal where we got one character breakfast for free. That made them worth it to us. On our last big trip we researched them and found that we weren't saving any money by using them.

Others like them because the food is prepaid and they could keep track of food money better, especially with teenagers. They felt they were very conveniet to use.

If you do get them, don't rip out the coupons ahead of time. you have to take the entire book with you to pay and rip it out in front of the CM taking your money. Also, you need to spend exactly what the coupon is worth or over since they will NOT give you change. :)

yellowrosedtxn
02-18-2005, 09:55 AM
If you do get them, don't rip out the coupons ahead of time. you have to take the entire book with you to pay and rip it out in front of the CM taking your money. Also, you need to spend exactly what the coupon is worth or over since they will NOT give you change. :)

That is very helpful. I wondered how well they worked or if they were worth it. I am still not sure if I am going to get them or not, but I am thinking I will, mostly for the Character Breakfast/Dinner that you get with it. I am not sure if you get the lunch too, because I don't have the brochure with me, but that is one thing I really want to take the kids to do.

Thanks for the info!

Darkbeer
02-18-2005, 10:01 AM
Many folks say you end up getting "too much food", and that it would be better to maybe get a 4 day package for a 6 day trip. But, as far as I understand, they no longer allow you to do this. You can only buy the vouchers if they match the rest of the package.

I would just buy as I go, no requirements, I can eat at DtD if I want, etc.. If you want to let your older kids go out on their own, get some Disney Dollars... Hey, if they want to buy a plsuh instead of eating.. well, they can starve :~D

I Heart Disneyland!
02-18-2005, 10:23 AM
I know this was posted before, but I finally checked it out. Tortilla Joes take out window.

Is this in DCA?

Andrew
02-18-2005, 10:26 AM
Is this in DCA?
It's in Downtown Disney.

I Heart Disneyland!
02-18-2005, 10:28 AM
It's in Downtown Disney.

Thanks Andrew! :)

dlandnut
02-18-2005, 12:58 PM
Where is Tortilla Joes located? Is it the one over in California Adventure near the Tortilla factory? If so, I bought some rice pudding there and it was absolutely wonderful. :)

Andrew
02-18-2005, 01:12 PM
Where is Tortilla Joes located? Is it the one over in California Adventure near the Tortilla factory?
It's in Downtown Disney.

disney jones
02-18-2005, 01:36 PM
Where is Tortilla Joes located? Is it the one over in California Adventure near the Tortilla factory? If so, I bought some rice pudding there and it was absolutely wonderful. :)
the one near the tortilla factory is Cocina Cucmonga.